During my wanderings through Avalonia, I saw a herd of wild horses. While I was watching, I saw that the donkey was the lead animal. That was so strange that I decided to catch him, hoping that all others would follow him.

20416191309_f187009861_z.jpg

It worked. Now I bring them to Kaliphlin. They can certainly use horses for reconstruction after the civil war.

19981996553_a03f33d05e_z.jpg

But when they are hungry, they will probably not be too tired to make this sausage. What's the name again? Salami, right?

Overview shots:

20416193089_8fd5086edd_z.jpg

20414877868_ce64aa3205_z.jpg

This was a quick construction eve with my daughter (3). She built beside me this pretty horse pasture:

20602865395_8b4407ca5a_z.jpg

and also my first entry for the Historica Husbandry

By the way: I know that I am not a good photographer :blush:

Interesting landscape method, Petric - it worked out better than I thought! Looking good. :thumbup:

I wonder why that (cute looking) donkey is leading a herd of horses - there must be some interesting story behind it! :tongue:

That donkey is adorable :wub: Quite a large herd of horses too, and the leaves make a neat landscape :classic:

Wow, you have lots of leaves... Neat build! :classic:

Great build! The foliage is very nice and I love that donkey :wub:

Nice donkey!

That donkey is adorable :wub: Quite a large herd of horses too, and the leaves make a neat landscape :classic:

Thanks a lot!

Interesting landscape method, Petric - it worked out better than I thought! Looking good. :thumbup:

I wonder why that (cute looking) donkey is leading a herd of horses - there must be some interesting story behind it! :tongue:

Thanks Bregir! Yes that seams to be a wounder... Besides I have also seen the unicorns!?

20621185952_b3652c504a_n.jpg

That would be a really exciting story!

The herding of animals in any way is somewhat rare in the Lego world and this turned out quite well. The number and variety of horses are nice and the leaf pieces make a good, well-textured ground cover. The donkey looks a little crude in front of the horses, but we all understand that's about as good as you can do in brickbuilt form, and the overall shape is correct, especially the long ears. My only complaint is that the tree looks out of place; it would look better in larger form or maybe even removed from the scene entirely. Or maybe you were trying to capture that lone scraggly tree look, in which case it's fine. Nice work.

Nice foliage! First I did not really like the lighting causing the sharp shadows, but looking at it a bit more the lighting actually works quite well as sunlight from low in the sky :classic:

I'd however like to encourage you to try to get the whole build in the picture in at least one of the pics (like the last one without the leaves).