Sign in to follow this  
LittleJohn

[M - A06] Lavafall on Guinevere

Tags: Exploration

Job: Explorer

My next mission for M.A.N.T.I.S. was to scout out Guinevere. I was told I would love it there, that it would be like a vacation... Suffice it to say, it's not my definition of a good spot to vacation, unless you like boiling lava and rock.

18753177339_364e19205f_z.jpg

Needless to say, I wasn't impressed, besides, the smell of sulfur did nothing to help my feelings of nausea.

I grabbed a few samples of rock, (I'm sure the scientists back at HQ would have liked some of the black stuff, but I was going anywhere near that lava) and set off to try and find a part of Guinevere that wasn't 1000 degrees...

18939360675_98e61887b2_z.jpg

18753172419_8525a1bd16_z.jpg

More pics can be seen here: Link

As always, C&C very welcome :classic:

Your rockwork is really good, but the star of the show is clearly the lava--wow that is so good! The effect of flowing lava is perfect :wub:

Can say I've never seen lava done with fire pieces like this. The effect is jaw-dropping.

Those lava falls are beautiful! :wub: The transition from black to grey is flawless as well, great work! :thumbup:

Excellent build LJ, fantastic job with the lava flow! :thumbup: Great job on the rock-work as well, but I can't blame you for not wanting to go on vacation there! :laugh:

Fantastic build! It's hard to imagine a better representation of a volcanic landscape! :wub:

Wow.

Your landscaping is absolutely gorgeous! And there's no denying that your lava falls are brilliant!

Great story, also!

The combination of wedge plates and SNOT slopes looks fabulous in the rockwork :thumbup:

Lovely lava, as everyone has said, too :classic:

Superb as always. Great sense of movement, and I love the "burned" rocks. Think it might have been nice to put another patch of black rock elsewhere in the build to draw the eye across a bit, feel very segmented (striped) right now - a dried lava flow, sort of. But, awesome build over all!

Wow. The fire "lavafalls" are simply beautiful. :wub:

Thanks, mrcp6d! Glad you think so :sweet:

This is absolutely stunning! :wub:

Thanks, Graham! :classic:

Nice SNOT rocks and the lava flows made of flame pieces are stellar. :wub: Excellent work :thumbup:

Thanks, the lava was a fun challenge :classic:

Awesome lava and rocks. :thumbup:

Thank you!

Your rockwork is really good, but the star of the show is clearly the lava--wow that is so good! The effect of flowing lava is perfect :wub:

Thanks,rodiziorobs! :sweet:

Can say I've never seen lava done with fire pieces like this. The effect is jaw-dropping.

Thanks, mccoyed! Glad you like it :classic:

this is just B E A Utiful

Thanks, narbilu! :blush:

WOW! The lava looks so fluid! Great rock work (and the scorched areas) and overall design, too. :sweet:

Thanks! Glad you like the scorched rockwork :classic:

Gorgeous! :wub:

Thank you!

Amazing :D How did you manage attach the (fire) waterfall to the (lava) river?

Thanks! For the top one I stuck the ends of the flames into 1x1 brick rounds or cones, but for the bottom ones they're just piled on. It was very tricky trying to get them to stay there. :wink:

Those lava falls are beautiful! :wub: The transition from black to grey is flawless as well, great work! :thumbup:

Thanks, Kai! I was pretty pleased with how they turned out too :classic:

Great use of the fire piece's connection possibilities, it works very nicely for the flow.

Thanks! :classic:

Excellent build LJ, fantastic job with the lava flow! :thumbup: Great job on the rock-work as well, but I can't blame you for not wanting to go on vacation there! :laugh:

Thanks, Garm! Haha, it definitely what I was looking forward to :wink::laugh:

Fantastic build! It's hard to imagine a better representation of a volcanic landscape! :wub:

Wow! Thanks Big Sal! :blush:

The lava flow is utterly amazing. Great job on the landscape and the transition also. But man, that lava... wow.

Thanks, glad it was such a big hit :sweet:

Wow.

Your landscaping is absolutely gorgeous! And there's no denying that your lava falls are brilliant!

Great story, also!

Thanks, glad you enjoyed the story :classic:

Nice rockwork but those lava falls are brilliant!

Thanks, Mike! :sweet:

The combination of wedge plates and SNOT slopes looks fabulous in the rockwork :thumbup:

Lovely lava, as everyone has said, too :classic:

Thanks, sk!

... ... (speechless) ... ...

Fantastic use of flames and the rocks are amazing!

Thanks, glad you like it! :sweet:

Superb as always. Great sense of movement, and I love the "burned" rocks. Think it might have been nice to put another patch of black rock elsewhere in the build to draw the eye across a bit, feel very segmented (striped) right now - a dried lava flow, sort of. But, awesome build over all!

Thanks, Zepher! Good suggestion, I'll keep that in mind for future builds :classic:

Seems I forgot to comment when I looked at it yesterday! Great job, beautiful lavafalls and SNOT work, just look out for the fire wasps (or don't, since you're M.A.N.T.I.S. :devil:)! I have a feeling they like to rest in lava streams such as those... :wink: