G'day all. I"m all for the bandits. Sometime you need to haul a lot of stolen stuff like pursuit vehicles for scrapp'n and to provide help in the heat of a chase and battle. "Its a truck" you say, "there slow" you say well 'Lights out' is a little different and this is why.

Normal truck

• Nothing special.
  • HOG steering.

Battle mode

• Fold down rear guards to protect wheels and for side swiping.
  • Extending front chassis to reveal second supercharged methanol drinking V8. You can never have to many V8's with that much power.
  • Fold over half bonnet to become a car scoop.
  • Fold down front grill for spikes.
  • Gull wing doors with missiles on the ends.
  • Pop out or off ( I'm undecided on which one ) battering ram fuel tanks....KaBoooooooom to the vehicle beside you.
  • Possible sleeper box with fold over roof machine gun.
  • Some sort of suspension.

Trailer (may be)

• Push out rim spikes on second axle.
  • Crane with harpoon gun, winch and claw grab.
  • Saw blades, gotta have saw blades somewhere.
  • Side car flipper arm/panel.
  • Front compartment will house a massive jet engine. When in trouble the trailer will break off to reveal the jet turbine which stays on the back of the truck for an instant get away and fry the pursuit car behind you.

I maybe a little too ambitious but the only thing stopping me is the hatted colors off all time Cursed black and clean White ( half of my Lego pieces).

Here is what I have done so far.

18916971731_777f77ba04.jpgLights Out by Jono Mckinlay, on Flickr

Nice engines... It looks promising... I'm looking forward for final version... Can you post internals of motors? :P

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

Small progress.

• Extending chassis-check.
  • Working twin V8-check.
  • Fold down rear guards-check.
  • Pop off battle fuel tanks that fire 5.5 feet straight off to the side-check.
  • Simple rear suspension and steering-check.

So far things are working out. Will show it in battle mode at the end. The tanks fire independently with a half stud movement from the light grey pin you can see and to reload it as easy as pushing them back in till the pin drops down.

19005142111_5349505f3f_z.jpgThe Bandit 'Lights out'; by Jono Mckinlay, on Flickr

19005141701_0781c14201_z.jpgThe Bandit 'Lights out'; by Jono Mckinlay, on Flickr

Nice engines... It looks promising... I'm looking forward for final version... Can you post internals of motors? :P

Max...

Instead of trying to explain in photos the motor I've built it in LDD for you and attached the file to download.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Supercharged V8.lxf

Edited by jono.rocky

Nice progress. I just mounted an engine in my entry last night and also used a rubber band to power it. This morning I see that I'm not as innovative as I thought, haha. It's the first time I tried it and it works remarkably well. It's very lightweight and compact.

Here is where I'm up to now. Could not get the bonnet to break in the 3 spots that I wanted to so instead I added ejector seats. By lifting the horn above the seat releases a pin to eject the seat straight out the door. The gull wing doors are done complete with a movable missile launcher on the inside of the door. Grill folds down for front facing spikes. Will show its battle mode once I've finished the truck and before I start the trailer if I have time to build it.

19100150610_a124dcfdbf_z.jpg

19261706606_5418acd797_z.jpg

As I said before I really like the colour combination, but maybe centralise the 1x1 tile on the grill

Nice bandit... I'm also curious to see it in battle Mode... :P

It will be interesting battle in TC7 as I see... :)

Good job... :)

Max...

This is such a nice bandit, like it a lot :thumbup: Cabin looks especially cool, nice design :classic: I am too waiting to see battle mode :classic: I surely hope that I can fix my problems with my build and have some enforcer to introduce... Saying i am really close to have my own participant for the very first time ever to TC... Maybe it will challenge your build :wink: All and all, keep up the good work :thumbup:

Here is where I'm up to now. Could not get the bonnet to break in the 3 spots that I wanted to so instead I added ejector seats. By lifting the horn above the seat releases a pin to eject the seat straight out the door. The gull wing doors are done complete with a movable missile launcher on the inside of the door. Grill folds down for front facing spikes. Will show its battle mode once I've finished the truck and before I start the trailer if I have time to build it.

You are off to a promosing start! Well done. I echo the others by saying I am very interested in Battle Mode.

This is looking very promising. Crazy colors, but that is what Jim wanted. I like the way you think for battle-mode. This truck has some very good weapon-systems. Like the rest, looking forward seeing this in battle-mode.

Truck is finished. The chassis had to be lengthened 5 studs to accommodate a steering wheel and fifth wheel. The fifth wheel has a manual lock.

19707835111_3ee4b9a67f_z.jpg

19696128142_f3db366ea0_z.jpgThe Bandit 'Lights out' by Jono Mckinlay, on Flickr

19696129242_7fd68f1e66_z.jpg

19677070096_c99742af83.jpg

19703287875_8863c9e2cc_z.jpg

The side step is a lever to release the extendable front end and then is locked by the bonnet. Manual fold down front spikes, folding rear wheel guards and sleeper box side missiles fold down and up with full rage of fire and sliding motion. the doors are raised by pressing the black ball joints next to the horns and by using the door handles you can rotate the missiles on them. The horns lift a half stud to fire out the seat under them with a range of about 30cm.

Battle mode looks like this:

19677065106_00e1c86bc5_z.jpgThe Bandit 'Lights out' by Jono Mckinlay, on Flickr

19080699494_d6f478b881_z.jpg

19677062706_01656789d6_z.jpg

Behind the sleeper is the spare wheel for steering. Two levers, each for shooting off a fuel tank whith a current range of about 1.5 meters. The black gear raises and lowers the main gun out of the sleeper with the ammo clip attached to the side of the gun.

19516644599_d48a81a0b4_z.jpg

19707828541_d93af9189b_z.jpg

Ammo clip added to gun. Shoots seven 1x2 thick liftarm bricks. Yes they are black because if the trailer works out to how I plan then these lift arms are recycled pursuit cars as ammo shells. Gotta give a little back to them when the trailer scraps a car. The gun is a manual flick back and release. The faster you do it the faster it shoots. It to has a range between 1.5 and 2 meters with a full 360 degree of motion up, down and side to side.

19080693514_4e62b9b0c8_z.jpg

Everything that shoots off the truck is this:

19515224318_085ef07d51_z.jpg

2 tanks

2 seats

4 missiles

7 lift arms

Great work. I like how much function you incorporated. The middle appears to be sagging from the weight though

Great work. I like how much function you incorporated. The middle appears to be sagging from the weight though

Thanks for your comment. Unfortunately its the play or gap you have between beams that gives it the sag. Its being strengthened as much as I can but it has stood the play of three boys unbroken so its strong enough I guess.

Wow this thing is incredible, I look forward to fighting by your side! We bandits are definitely gonna call you if we need any backup.

Hmm, lots of firepower in this beast - seems like a worthy opponent. The beam cannon is awesome, and I really like the spikes that come down from the front grill.

This is awesome! So much firepower hidden so nicely, and lots of functions too. Very well done!