Kai NRG

[G:B12, U vs. DK] Sneaking into the City... with a lot of Noise.

17123571084_79f4e7c4ff_z.jpg

"So here we are," one minstrel hissed to another. "Look at it! Are we in Nocturnus, or Kaliphlin?"

"I know - two Nocturnian flags to every one Kaliphlinian!" Then the second speaker continued in a louder tone, "Here we are boys! The city of cities, capitol for the majestic, the glorious, Desert King!"

The rest of the gang broke out in confused murmurs of admiration. "How well the citizens around here fare!" one of the minstrels continued, in a show voice. "Without a doubt, the city of the Desert King is the city to be in!" The small crowd that had gathered around the band nodded their approval. Behind them, however, a Desert King guard pushed is way over with a scowling face.

"Hold it there," he growled. "We don't need none of your flattery. Get back to whatever place you came from. We have our own victory parade and don't need any help!"

The minstrel who was evidently the leader ignored the guard and turned towards his comrades. "You hear that! A victory parade! Boy are we in luck! Just in time to sing the praises of the glorious Desert King all throughout town! Man, I hate to think what the parade might have been like if we had gotten here too late! This is just perfect!"

"Hold it right there, I say again! You're not getting in no parade. You're not getting in no city!"

"What?!" the head minstrel exclaimed in fake astonishment. "You refuse our beautiful music? Straight from the halls of Petraea University, I assure you. Here boys, lets give 'em a line," he added, nodding toward the growing crowd. And without further ado, the entire band struck up with an impressive cacophony that could be heard for miles! At the end of their brief performance, the crowd cheered wildly. Reluctantly, the guard yielded to the people's wishes and let the minstrels through.

17123599004_a67c0e8aa0.jpg

Another close-up:

17746459421_e9c08eb738.jpg

A view around the back:

17125687263_862ef3fab5.jpg

Comments are welcome! Thanks for checking it out!

As I told Marcu, very impressive! And very clever guerrilla against us. Do not think however we won't respond in kind.

Excellent guerrilla, Kai! :wub: The inset parts look fantastic and I like the wall texturing on the bottom :thumbup:

Very nice story and build :classic:

The roof looks amazing and I like the texturing of the wall.

Beautiful build, Kai! Ulandus is surely giving the Desert King a run for his money! :wink:

The wall is beautiful and the story is fun! I really like the instruments too :thumbup:

One of your best buildings ever, the gold roof and wall design look superb :wub: Excellent ground texture and battle posing too :thumbup:

I think your builds have been improving quite a bit during this challenge :classic:

I agree, this is a top notch build and certainly one of your finest! The gold roof is brilliant (excuse the pun) but the whole wall is very aesthetic. The gold, white and light bley palette works very well. :thumbup:

Great looking group of minstrels, though I am highly skeptical of their motives in our great capital. Such clowns have no place in the Desert King's city, unless it is to carry his chamber pot or clean his horses' stables. I guess I will have to see the other parts of this GA to find out more!

Concerning that, I think it's awesome that you guys teamed up to create a coherent and collaborative story for this attack! I was also wondering when somebody would poke fun of the DK's Nocty flags (most of us are from Nocturnus, so I suppose it's no surprise!).

The structure is fantastic with the different colored levels, nice wall textures and the lovely gold roof (although I see some of those round tiles suffer from inconsistent coloring, which might be acceptable on a roof but can be maddening in other circumstances). The base is nice and the activity certainly matches the story, but those instruments look a bit advanced! Good use of the CMF princess in her entirety. Excellent build!

Thanks for all the comments! I'm really a bit surprised as to how well everyone seemed to like this, I was a bit unsure about it myself, mainly because of how tall it was compared to it's width, I guess!

One of your best buildings ever, the gold roof and wall design look superb :wub: Excellent ground texture and battle posing too :thumbup:

I think your builds have been improving quite a bit during this challenge :classic:

Glad to hear that! I hope that keeps up!

I agree, this is a top notch build and certainly one of your finest! The gold roof is brilliant (excuse the pun) but the whole wall is very aesthetic. The gold, white and light bley palette works very well. :thumbup:

Great looking group of minstrels, though I am highly skeptical of their motives in our great capital. Such clowns have no place in the Desert King's city, unless it is to carry his chamber pot or clean his horses' stables. I guess I will have to see the other parts of this GA to find out more!

Concerning that, I think it's awesome that you guys teamed up to create a coherent and collaborative story for this attack! I was also wondering when somebody would poke fun of the DK's Nocty flags (most of us are from Nocturnus, so I suppose it's no surprise!).

Thanks! Yeah, an attack on the capitol was worth the planning effort. Plus I guess I have a history with collaborative story lines and that sort of thing, :laugh: . And as far as the Nocty flag, to me it symbolizes the inroads Nocturnus is making on Kaliphlin... this is really not a Kaliphlin vs. Kaliphlin war, it's Kaliphlin vs. Nocty! :tongue: (Actually if you look at the signups that's reflected to a surprising extent!)

The structure is fantastic with the different colored levels, nice wall textures and the lovely gold roof (although I see some of those round tiles suffer from inconsistent coloring, which might be acceptable on a roof but can be maddening in other circumstances). The base is nice and the activity certainly matches the story, but those instruments look a bit advanced! Good use of the CMF princess in her entirety. Excellent build!

Thank you! Yes, different color shades in what really should be one color can be rather aggravating, but once in a while it's helpful! The biggest offenders IMHO are dk red, light blue, gold, and brown.

Fantastic build Kai, the wall and gold roof are superb, and the figs and landscaping are awesome as well! :wink::thumbup:

Fantastic build Kai, the wall and gold roof are superb, and the figs and landscaping are awesome as well! :wink::thumbup:

Thanks Garmadon!

Lovely work! I like the roof!

Thank you!

So you guys think you can just shoot us down and be done with us huh? Well time will tell... :grin:

Nice stonework!

Thanks Andrew!

I'm glad blufiji took that task. I still got no idea how to counter this. But funny thing is that I received those pearl gold round tiles just the time around you posted this. They make a great and noble looking roof. I also like the whole texture of the gate.

I'm glad blufiji took that task. I still got no idea how to counter this. But funny thing is that I received those pearl gold round tiles just the time around you posted this. They make a great and noble looking roof. I also like the whole texture of the gate.

Yep, the pearl gold rounds make great roofs, sort of a Grecian style architecture thing I think. Thanks!