Kai NRG

[G:H19, U vs. DK] Lady Sarai's Story

Edit: My first title mistake this challenge! :laugh::tongue: It should be H14. Sorry about that!

In a low, musical voice Lady Sarai began her story, looking earnestly into the faces around her. "Once, back in my native village, a new blacksmith set up shop. He was a very generous blacksmith, often shoeing horses and repairing plows for free! Often, he would compare his work to the work of the other blacksmiths in the village, pointing out the cracks in their horseshoes and the dents in the weapons. The other blacksmiths claimed that they were being slandered, but the village didn't believe them. The new guy was just too nice! Not too surprisingly, he soon ran the other blacksmiths out of business. One by one, they left town. Then the new blacksmith came out in his true colors! No more cheap fixes and quick repairs! He suddenly became very punctual about claiming his pay and the prices seemed to rise all the time! Not only that, but the plows he had built started to crack and the horses he had shod cast their shoes. Even the swords and weapons he had made showed their true worth and snapped in battle like pack-thread! The people were furious! The came thundering on the blacksmith's door one windy night. 'You are a cheat and a liar!' one called. 'You have slandered the men that were better than you,' cried another. 'Your work is worthless!' exclaimed a third. But the blacksmith calmly stuck his head out the window. 'All that you say may be true, my friends. But you did not have to believe me. You did not have to come to me for your swords and spears. You did not have to ask me to fix your plows and shoe your horses. You did not have to run the other blacksmiths out of town. But you did. Now what you are left with is your own doing!'"

For a second Sarai paused, scanning the upturned faces around her. "My friends, do you know who this blacksmith is? He is the Desert King! He has made himself out to be a wonderful guy, pointing out the cracks and flaws in the others and making himself look generous. But you do not have to believe him! Be wary! Be careful! Otherwise the day will come when you will come knocking at the Desert King's door and he will say to you that it is all your own doing! And you will remember this warning, and your days will be spent in vain regrets that you did not say in time, 'Away with the cheats, away with the liars, away with the false Desert King!'"

Stirred to it's depths, the crowd raised it's voice in one mighty shout, "Away with the false Desert King!"

16647779694_99aa4b0ca1.jpg

17292874671_3609ed1041.jpg

The original post ran as follows:

Story coming Monday, hopefully. Sorry. :tongue: I'm a bit burned out, it's been a busy day, haha. Anyway, it will be a sob story with the DK figuring as the main villains... in case you were wondering. [Edit: BTW, that did sort of change a touch.]

<snip - was overview shot>

I also have another shot I hope to post, some how it didn't make it on my transfer drive the first time around!

Edited by Kai NRG

That's a very good wall and doorway and I like the colorful base, which is unique. Good use of the CMF princess - I'm surprised we don't see her more often. The crowd effect is represented well.

Wow, I love how you made the wall - the texturing is fantastic :wub:

I'm looking forward reading the story :classic:

Excellent job on the wall Kai, the spears with the flags, crowd, and border are all quite nice as well! :wink::thumbup:

Thanks everyone for the comments!

Excellent little scene! The wall texturing is superb and I like the border :thumbup:

Thanks LJ!

That's a very good wall and doorway and I like the colorful base, which is unique. Good use of the CMF princess - I'm surprised we don't see her more often. The crowd effect is represented well.

Thanks! I have a tendency for colorful bases... I think it's inspired by the LONP (lack of necessary pieces) disease! :laugh:

Wow, I love how you made the wall - the texturing is fantastic :wub:

I'm looking forward reading the story :classic:

Thank you! And the story is up now!

Great parable and a nice vig, Kai. Such a pity that's it's all a pack of lies...

H9 is a Ulandus square that you won for the WZ4, so feel free to attack your own square....

Edited by robuko

Great parable and a nice vig, Kai. Such a pity that's it's all a pack of lies...

H9 is a Ulandus square that you won for the WZ4, so feel free to attack your own square....

H9? Who said anything about H9? :tongue:

Uh-huh.

Thanks!

Sweet wall design, I like the railings at the bottom :thumbup: The cones look a little odd to me though, I think normal rounds would look better.

The hollow studs also work well here :classic:

Nice build Kai! That wall look really good, and the border looks cool!

Thanks Lord Dan!

Sweet wall design, I like the railings at the bottom :thumbup: The cones look a little odd to me though, I think normal rounds would look better.

The hollow studs also work well here :classic:

Thank you! I don't have enough normal rounds right at the moment, so I just used what came to hand!