Kai NRG

[CG:O16, U vs. DK] The Desert King EXPOSED!

The sneaky Desert King gang was having a good time. They sure had duped the Ulandians! In fact, it was so much fun that they decided they might as well as exceed their orders a touch and go ahead and keep it up for a day or two. But they rigged up the hoax one time too many!

16537609024_f15f736fcb.jpg

With all the fright caused by the Hippocampus' dreadful words, it should be no surprise that all Ulandian parents strictly forbade their children from going anywhere near to the cliff where it was known to appear. But Ulandian children are just like all other children in Kaliphlin, and no sooner did they hear that the place was forbidden than they snuck off to explore!

17158433992_a1b99ea4e7.jpg

In gleeful awe they heard the words of the Hippocampus:

Ulandus, Ulandus

Beware the sea!

Do not forget

What thy fate may be.

(Poem credit to Robuko.)

But one of the boys got a bit tired of sitting around and listening to the fateful chant. He poked his nose into the rocky crevasses and soon discovered a little something!

16972268908_ac5662f9bf.jpg

With a little clever use of land formation and common "magic" tricks, the DK was just faking it all out!

17160052905_2700bce652.jpg

16952652867_c895a5e5c8.jpg

The UIandians wrote a poem to commemorate the discovery.

Children, Children,

Beware the DK!

Do not believe them,

No matter what they say!

In days of old they foretold,

The vengeance of the sea.

They sang their song but they were wrong,

They messed up on their history!

Ulandus, Ulandus, You shall rise up!

You shall have the highest score!

For the hoax and the jokes of the Desert King

Will be believed no more!

OOC: I went for a slightly cartoonish look on the old Hippocampus - part of why I made him a good deal thinner, more like a cardboard imitation. And I wanted to show that the Desert King, far from ruling everything and being Kaliphlin's rightful ruler, is just a big, big hoax. :laugh: Yeah, I had a good time with this one. :grin:

C&C appreciated!

Very nice and funny counter :laugh: . I like the water and the posing of the children :thumbup:

Again it is clear that the socalled "wonders" of the "god-king" are as false as his own claim to the Throne of Kaliphlin!

Brilliant counter, Kai - I like how you have recreated the whole scene, yet still given your own interpretation of the beast. Together with Rogue Angel's countermagic, I think you have this one coveredquite well - will be some interesting voting! :classic:

Thanks guys! It would appear that the humor was a hit! :laugh:

Well darn... :grin:

Every creature build we make gets turned into something ridiculous!

:rofl::roflmao: Looks like that's the way it's going!

Very clever counter, though that DK guy running the beast must be pretty darn strong :look:

Excellent cliff and I like the loose brick water here :thumbup:

Ha, ha, excellent twist on that Hippocampus, Kai, brilliant counter! :iamded_lol::roflmao: Fantastic landscaping here as well, and the water technique looks quite nice! :thumbup:

Funny, funny - so true to the original design, yet unique in its own right. The rocks are good, the boys are kind of cute and the red-on-black border is eye-popping.

Thanks again!

Very clever counter, though that DK guy running the beast must be pretty darn strong :look:

Excellent cliff and I like the loose brick water here :thumbup:

:laugh: Yes, I suppose so, although it is probably just lightweight cloth blown up to size. Wind would make the job more difficult though! Thanks!

Ha, ha, excellent twist on that Hippocampus, Kai, brilliant counter! :iamded_lol::roflmao: Fantastic landscaping here as well, and the water technique looks quite nice! :thumbup:

Thank Garmadon!