Sign in to follow this  
Artizan

[SPC] Cat A -Marauders of the Seven Galaxies!

My vicious crew of Space Pirates!

17006729531_6cef99bca5_c.jpg

Captain Red Eye:

Nobody really knows the real name of the Captain, but rumors say he was born centuries ago, having spent most of his life fighting around the star systems, and losing many organic parts of his body. Some believe that he have implanted the cybernatic organs on himself, which made him more a machine than a human, thus giving him a never-ending life. A very arrogant captain, who feels no empathy for organic and non-organic beings alike, Red Eye has struck much fear in the hearts of the inhabitants of the galaxy.

16708026429_05d90dcde5_c.jpg

First Mate Mr. Feathers:

Feathers's ancestors were regular parrots from the planet Earth, which were left on a tropical moon during a cargo delivery accident, when they all escaped. Throughout the generations, the parrots evolved into more intelligent humanoid sentinents. Mr. Feathers has proved himself to be the most loyal crew member, and he echoes every word the Captain says, making sure everybody is doing their job on the ship.

16274192423_cea21178f9_c.jpg

Mr. Bill Cyclops the Cook:

Bill is known as a skilled cook on his planet, however few on the ship finds the meals he prepares appetizing. None the less, Captain values his fighting skills more than his cooking, so he tolerates Mr. Bill when he drinks much of the ship's rum.

16274192153_f0848428c7_c.jpg

The Voodoo Witch Droid:

She was one of the most respected robots in her tribe when she was found by the Captain, some believe she has magical powers which would turn organics into androids, others just know that she is programmed to fix any kind of electronics and machines.

16821408589_1f5d5e08b0_c.jpg

Mr. Robert Cosmoson the Sailmaster:

Mr Robert is one of the most trusted members on board, his abilities to navigate through the star routes are much valued by the crew. He uses a super-compass that calculates the magnetic radiation between stars. He got a surgery which replaced his left eye with a cybernatic scope which can see through the galactic horizon.

16892971232_33bcfa422f_c.jpg

Madame Cheng the Widow:

It is not known if Madame Cheng covers her whole upper body white with makeup or if this is her natural anatomy, but it is very well known that after mating with her husband, she ate him alive and got all of his wealth.

16868284466_2905d34afa_c.jpg

Edited by Artizan

I really like your head-torso-legs combinations. Some really interesting ones there. Mr. Feathers (something about the powdered wig on that phoenix head!) is my favorite, with the voodoo witch droid and the sailmaster close behind. And I love the moustache on the cyclops!

Awesome minifigs Artisan. Madame Cheng in particular is so creepy with those legs I’m sure she’s gonna give me terrible nightmares tonight.

Great part combinations - especially the Voodoo Witch Droid and Madame Cheng (using Sebulbas 'legs' is a fantastic idea!), I really like Captain Feathers too but was a little disappointed to see him as I've also done a 'Birdman' :wink:

Some nice ideas there Artizan. I like the Sebulba legs although that fig looks a bit creepy :) I'd try to make her had and arms gray too, to go with the bare legs ...

I do have some sugestions, but they're my personal taste so feel free to ignore them. I'd switch Mr. Feathers' uniform for the figure is too red. I'm not a big fan of the gold color on the legs of Voodoo Witch Droid. And another personal preference is that I avoid using combos of legs and torsos with too much difference in printing detail like your Sailmaster. A very simplified jacket and very detailed legs print looks strange to me.

Also I like the idea of droids for the Voodoo people!

Thanks for the comments and feedback guys!

Great part combinations - especially the Voodoo Witch Droid and Madame Cheng (using Sebulbas 'legs' is a fantastic idea!), I really like Captain Feathers too but was a little disappointed to see him as I've also done a 'Birdman' :wink:

I've seen your version of Birdman, too, I think it looks good and distinct. Great minds think alike :thumbup:

Some nice ideas there Artizan. I like the Sebulba legs although that fig looks a bit creepy :) I'd try to make her had and arms gray too, to go with the bare legs ...

I do have some sugestions, but they're my personal taste so feel free to ignore them. I'd switch Mr. Feathers' uniform for the figure is too red. I'm not a big fan of the gold color on the legs of Voodoo Witch Droid. And another personal preference is that I avoid using combos of legs and torsos with too much difference in printing detail like your Sailmaster. A very simplified jacket and very detailed legs print looks strange to me.

Also I like the idea of droids for the Voodoo people!

Thanks for the suggestions. I think the combination for Madame Cheng, since it looks creepy enough now with different color variations in arms and body. Maybe she likes to paint her upper body paint, or maybe her anatomy is this way.. :wink:

I like Mr. Feathers's uniform since it reminds of the classic pirate parrot:

2546p01.jpg?0

I have to agree with you on Voodoo droid's legs, but I couldn't find a better match in my collection. I also don't think of changing Sailmaster's vest, even if I had the updated version from this minifig, I would have used the older one since it shows more skin.

Madame Cheng does look creepy, but I thought that was a good thing. Also I imagined that she had Sebulba legs due to transplanted alien body parts - even more creepy :grin:

Bill Cyclops looks straight outta Compton a cartoon. He looks great. The captain parts are well suited to one another, and whatever you call the things witch doctors carry, that one is really good.

Hey, thanks! I don't know what Compton is. And that thing the witch doctors carry is called a Demon Skull Staff, I think.

Haha, okay I just thought there was a more general name for that kind of thing!

"Straight Outta Compton" was a famous gangsta rap album, it sprung to mind while I was typing the statement. Nothing to do with Lego :laugh: