Sign in to follow this  
Srbandrews

LOTR MOC: One Ring to Rule Them All

This is a small, simple vignette I put together to show how I imagined the forging of the One Ring. The movies shows him as the freaky, spiky-armoured giant in the flashbacks to the ring's forging but, the way I read the character of Sauron, this is more as I imagine him to appear at the time of the forging of the rings, given the fact his ability to take on a 'fair' form wasn't lost until some time afterwards.

nGLGfKa.png?1

It's nice to see a MOC on a personal interpretation rather than a film one. :thumbup: It's a nice little model, but he looks pretty evil for someone fair! :laugh:

Yes, like Mutant Orc said it is always great to see personal interpretations from the book rather than the ones from a movie.

I really like this little vignette and it makes more sense that Sauron forges the Ring without wearing his heavy armor.

Sweet little build, Srbandrews!

That's exactly how I imagined human Sauron to look. I really like the use of trans plates here and those flames shooting up around the forge are a nice touch.

Edited by Sir Gareth

Thanks guys. I get what you mean, Mutant Orc; I considered quite a few different faces to get the look I wanted. I was going for 'not ugly but still angry and malevolent'. It wasn't easy and I wouldn't have minded something a bit more sort of handsome but in a dark, sinister way, but I'm happy with the expression.

As others have said, it's great to see your interpretation rather than the film's. Perhaps you should try doing that in a big Bag End or Orthanc MOC or something?

Also, from that camera angle, the minifigure sort of reminds me of Alice Cooper!

I really like the custom Sauron figure... where did you get his head?

Have you thought about entering this into the Middle Earth competition?

Thanks! I got it from bricklink and didn't know what it was from until i just looked it up. It's from the Mandarin from an Iron Man set.

The only category this would be eligible for is the Bilbo's stories one and there were already about a dozen that were substantially better than this entered into that category before it even crossed my mind.