Sign in to follow this  
-Carson Haupt-

A visit to Carn

As part of a widespread campaign, the Faith has begun sending priests to all corners of the continent in order to spread their message. These priests travel in many ways, depending on the path to their destination. Some walk, some ride horses or chobos, some simply go outside, and others travel in large wagons. Thanks to the high quality roads in the more civilized parts of Kaliphlin, the man assigned to Carn was able to use on of these.

15320599990_956effbf9b_c.jpg

15320534087_1548a42c9c_c.jpg

15320671338_4cb6144c3c_c.jpg

Some are less than happy to see the large wagon rolling into their town...

15484556496_d7e5d34e1a_c.jpg

...while others look on eagerly.

15320838499_faf2b23239_c.jpg

15484563696_c77b1810ab_c.jpg

A few of the city's older institutions aren't exactly thrilled about this developement.

15320982920_dd8a66d730_c.jpg

Hopefully the guards will catch on to the tension and defuse the situation.

____________________________________________________________________________________

15320838179_8b8ab9405d_c.jpg

Visit to Carn by Carson Haupt, on Flickr

Here's the build without the cart, it lets you see how it's laid out a bit better.

15507356522_5eb4962d44_c.jpg

And here's a great example of overestimating your collection!

15507382612_6855d83b11_c.jpg

The wagon was the first thing I built, around three months ago, and I really like it. It was based in this: http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Volkmar-the-Grim-on-The-War-Altar-of-Sigmar although it changed considerable during construction.

I was definitely channeling Gideon for this build, I hope you don't mind and I hope I didn't butcher your style!

I would also like to claim the following credits:

Roofing (for the grassy roofs)

Life in Kaliphlin

City Scene

Edited by -Carson Haupt-

Very nice! Has so much Kaliphlin feel to it! There are sure many lurkers around in this moc! =)

Poor horses though, you could use two more for that huge wagon! :)

Amazing! I love the color choices you've made. Your characters are great too!

Religion is surely on the rise in Historica!

I think both the wagon and the architecture is really nice.

The wagon is very imposing, and it seems this priest will not have to await the building of a temple, before he can hold his first sermon! That wagon will do nicely as pulpit in the beginning! :laugh:

The architecture is great - I really like how the walls, gatetower and buildings are so distinct, while still part of the same structure. It looks like something that has developed over decades or even millenea. :thumbup:

(Only one question - can the wagon go through the gate? :tongue: )

Very nice build, the city gate is very appealing, and its a nice combination of the Carn(ic/ish) motif of the white gate, and Gideon's texturing :classic::thumbup:

+1 UoP DoH for all claims

Edited by Scaevola

Very nice! Has so much Kaliphlin feel to it! There are sure many lurkers around in this moc! =)

Poor horses though, you could use two more for that huge wagon! :)

Thanks! And yes, many people trying to see the newcomers! I agree about the horses, it ended up larger than I was expecting.

Very nice build!

Thanks!

Amazing! I love the color choices you've made. Your characters are great too!

Thanks! I'm glad you like them.

Religion is surely on the rise in Historica!

I think both the wagon and the architecture is really nice.

The wagon is very imposing, and it seems this priest will not have to await the building of a temple, before he can hold his first sermon! That wagon will do nicely as pulpit in the beginning! :laugh:

The architecture is great - I really like how the walls, gatetower and buildings are so distinct, while still part of the same structure. It looks like something that has developed over decades or even millenea. :thumbup:

(Only one question - can the wagon go through the gate? :tongue: )

Yes it does! Although, if we're basing GoH roughly off of the medieval period, it has always been a big part of life. I'm glad you like the wagon, and that's exactly the idea! The way you describe the Architechture is exactly what I was going for, I'm glad it translated well. And yes, it can. That's the first thing I made sure of.

Very nice build, the city gate is very appealing, and its a nice combination of the Carn(ic/ish) motif of the white gate, and Gideon's texturing :classic::thumbup:

Thanks! I'm glad it feels like it belongs in Carn.

Really like the activity in this. Lots of interesting characters doing interesting things. I especially like the rooftop garden and the assassin below (?).

I'm with BC on this one, vegetation covering a flat roof doesn't really qualify as a 'roofing' technique. Your other recent build would fit that claim better. UoP DoH +1 on the other claims.

Wow, that's a very original wagon! I love the sheer size of it. Also the scene is very nice, lots of details, nice story too! Excellent!

Very nice build and cool minifigs. :wink:

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Very cool! I like the scale of the thing!

Thank you!

UoP +1 for the Life in Kaliphlin and City Scene, the grass roof looks more like a flat roof with vegetation growing on top, I would give you the roofing credit for your other build (http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=101156) instead of the roof rakes

That's actually a really good idea.

Really like the activity in this. Lots of interesting characters doing interesting things. I especially like the rooftop garden and the assassin below (?).

I'm glad you like it! I tried to make it seem more urban by having more figs, I'm not sure how well it worked though. And who knows? Maybe they're just fans...

I'm with BC on this one, vegetation covering a flat roof doesn't really qualify as a 'roofing' technique. Your other recent build would fit that claim better. UoP DoH +1 on the other claims.

Ok, thanks!

Wow, that's a very original wagon! I love the sheer size of it. Also the scene is very nice, lots of details, nice story too! Excellent!

Thanks! I appreciate your comment.

Nice build, I like the details of the wall :) the cart is pretty cool too :)

Thanks!

Yay! I'm glad your faith is spreading. Especialy to Carn!

Yup!mare you planning on posting your part soonish? I could link them.

Nice work, Carson Haupt! The color choices in this build are excellent. The cart is nicely detailed, but I agree that more horses would be nice...

I like the bley-barked tree with dark orange foliage. The many different figures around give it a nice urban feeling.

Brick on, Carson!

Nice work, Carson Haupt! The color choices in this build are excellent. The cart is nicely detailed, but I agree that more horses would be nice...

I like the bley-barked tree with dark orange foliage. The many different figures around give it a nice urban feeling.

Brick on, Carson!

Thanks! More horses would have been an improvement, I agree.

Great scene! That gatehouse looks great, especially in that first pic, where you can see the inside of the wall and get a sense of how very tall it is. The wagon is also really detailed , but I agree with the wagon must be very light for those two poor horse to be able to pull it by themselves. I really like the buildings out front, the overhang over the door in particular cought my eye.

Very nice scene with a very well choiced color scheme. I especially liked the gate. Congrats!

Impressive wagon, I like the use of dark brown and pearl gold on it :thumbup: The gate looks very good as well, my only critique being that the blue house in the wall looks rather square.

Keep up the good work :classic:

Great scene! That gatehouse looks great, especially in that first pic, where you can see the inside of the wall and get a sense of how very tall it is. The wagon is also really detailed , but I agree with the wagon must be very light for those two poor horse to be able to pull it by themselves. I really like the buildings out front, the overhang over the door in particular cought my eye.

Thanks! I like that picture too.

Very nice scene with a very well choiced color scheme. I especially liked the gate. Congrats!

Thanks! I'm glad the colors work well.

Impressive wagon, I like the use of dark brown and pearl gold on it :thumbup: The gate looks very good as well, my only critique being that the blue house in the wall looks rather square.

Keep up the good work :classic:

Thanks! Means a lot. And I agree, guess where I ran out of bricks at!