oo7

Victorian Era Contraption of Mavelous Innovation

indexed.gif

Meet Doctor Edward Virn, inventor extraordinaire of nineteenth century London.

624084664_76aa4e9da4_o.jpg

He presents his newest contraption to you, the Steam Strider.

624118262_da03c1bef2_b.jpg

The Strider's revolutionary innovation is the first in it's mechanical field.

624084672_4c81f43d93.jpg

Behold, the meticulous greeble heaven!

624128988_0505059fc7.jpg

623410693_a8c2143748.jpg

624195734_3834436d88.jpg

Behold, the meticulous greeble heaven!

Whaha X-D :-P

It looks very nice oo7, it sure has a lot of greebles indeed ;-)

I also like the lab very much. It looks quite realistic, and you

What a funny coincidence, look what I was working on the last two hours! :-D

post-14-1182806382_thumb.jpg

Mine is based on a sketch from the CS art galleries, I guess you used the same one for inspiration?

I like the greebliness of your Strider, it resembles perfectly the mechanical aspects of the steampunk genre.

For my version I used a more bulkier look because it is solely made from pieces of the Star Wars Mini sets (series 1 - 3, Kabaya Slave 1 and TIE Interceptor and the two Episode 3 mini models) and that's why there weren't enough small greebly pieces available... :'-(

Anyway, a very lovely Steampunk MOC, I also like the laboratory setting too! Reminds me alot of Tesla's lab in the movie "Prestige"!

Steampunk ON! *sweet*

Very nice looking... both of you! X-D

God Bless,

Nathan

Seems like someone has a bit too much a spare time. :-| Just kidding. :-D

Anyways, great moc. It somehow has the 19th century look. And you made good use of the pieces.

What will Proffessor Virn roll out next? :-)

A very nice Strider indeed, and your laboratory and scientist

Very Nice Indeed!!! *y* *y*

Reminds me of that movie.... The Time Machine... very H.G. Wells.

007! It's really awesome. *wub* *wub* *wub*

I like the "story" that goes along with it, the way you presented it. I'm a fan of the steampunks although I have no desire to build any myself. I like yours a lot because it's small and simple, yet you really got a lot of cool details in there, greebles and stuff.

This is the first time I've seen a steampunk workshop and I think it's very clever. Do you have other steampunk creations available for perusal? A brickshelf gallery or whatnot?

Great job!

It looks very nice oo7, it sure has a lot of greebles indeed ;-)

I also like the lab very much. It looks quite realistic, and you

I wonder why are you confined to such limited piece supply. Is it the result of a lack in present brick collection, adherence to contest regulation, or perhaps a personal challenge of character for the sake of positive inner growth?

The main reason is that Dana doesn't allow me to spread my whole collection all over the bed room and especially the living room ;-)

That's why I had to limit the amount of used parts so that I wouldn't need more space for both a few sorting bins and a little work area than my desk offers to me. This and the need for useful (space) parts lead automatically to the SW Minis, they are perfect for that job... *sweet*

Second reason is somewhat a "historical" one, I build Mini alternates some time ago (in 2005? 2006? dunno anymore) and the sets served pretty well:

croissant_00.jpg_thumb.jpg | rocket_01.jpg_thumb.jpg | avior_1.jpg_thumb.jpg | castor_01.jpg_thumb.jpg | shaula_01.jpg_thumb.jpg | hadar_01.jpg_thumb.jpg | mirzam_01.jpg_thumb.jpg | alnair_01.jpg_thumb.jpg | deneb_01.jpg_thumb.jpg

Alternates ON!

You have no idea............

Of course I do. This past week I've spent at least 5 hours a day just on EB. Just because I have nothing better to do. ;-)

Yes; Wells, Verne, and Shelly are the subtle founders of the Sci-fi/fantasy hybrid of a subgenre which has now evolved into clich