touthomme

MEC Category A: UCS Style Ent

I'm sure I'm not the only one who wishes LEGO would have released a UCS Ent set. I actually started building this model last month, and was thoroughly surprised when this contest was announced to find that I was already building something for it. :)

This is also an alternate model for the Ewok Village set (10236), and I have created building instructions for anyone who might want to build it. You can find the instructions and a not-very-exciting video showing off the model on my website: http://jkbrickworks.com/ent-sculpture/

J

1415ent640.jpg

1415entFace640.jpg

1415entFeet640.jpg

1415entHand640.jpg

Whoa, that's really impressive! The whole thing looks fantastic, but I think my favorite part is the parts useage for the face :)

Good looking Ent. I'd love to see a minifigure next to it for scale. Very fitting for the video game version in terms of scale.

I'm going to have a go at building the Ent moot or maybe the attack on Orthanc some time. This is great inspiration and a good reason to buy the Ewok Village soon.

This is a nice looking Ent, touthomme!

I think the parts usage for the face is very nice. It gives a comical, yet very Entish, appearance and works well for a face. The smoothness of the transitions between angles is well done.

The Ent's foliage phalanges are great details as well!

Brick on!