Sign in to follow this  
rosalind14

Rosalind's Superheroes

Setting up my own thread because I use paint and stickers! So, here's my latest one:

Sunfire:

sunfire1.jpg

And a couple of others:

sabretooth.jpg

Sabretooth

speedball.jpg

Speedball

Edited by rosalind14

Fantastic Sunfire and Speedball! Love the painted mask, I think you nailed Sunfire's head perfectly along with Speedball's! :thumbup: Great idea as well on the head for Sabertooth, great work.

Nice Carnage! I love the way you did them tentacles, much better than Venom's that Lego made! And I love the head, certainly looks like a mad killer. May I ask, what torso did you use, or is it customized?

Nice Carnage! I love the way you did them tentacles, much better than Venom's that Lego made! And I love the head, certainly looks like a mad killer. May I ask, what torso did you use, or is it customized?

Ah, thanks! It's Venom's tentacles but painted red! The torso is purist....you can't really see it that well in the picture...it's from the Atlantis Squid warrior (I think that's what it's called!!)

Ah, I know the one, thanks for that! You certainly have done much better positioning them tentacles, they look more, fluid, alive. Great job!

Edited by Dr Leg O Brick

Fantastic Hawkeye! Sorry to ask again, but what torso did you use? Is it the bus conductor figure from Harry Potter with the torso swapped around? It's perfect either way in my opinion, I may have to "borrow" the idea!

Fantastic Hawkeye! Sorry to ask again, but what torso did you use? Is it the bus conductor figure from Harry Potter with the torso swapped around? It's perfect either way in my opinion, I may have to "borrow" the idea!

Thank you! And yep, you're correct, it's his torso but turned around.

Great Longshot, the whole figure is spot on, though I particularly like the head! Perfect for him. He must have taken a good long time to get right, fantastic work! :thumbup:

Edited by Dr Leg O Brick

Fantastic Jubilee, the use of both the coat and the glasses is fantastic! Very clever use of the Extreme Team torso for the X suit as well, it's great to see a Lego version of her around. :thumbup:

Great Longshot, the whole figure is spot on, though I particularly like the head! Perfect for him. He must have taken a good long time to get right, fantastic work! :thumbup:

Thank you! I know I'm biased but I love how he turned out! I did take a longer than normal time to do!

Fantastic Jubilee, the use of both the coat and the glasses is fantastic! Very clever use of the Extreme Team torso for the X suit as well, it's great to see a Lego version of her around. :thumbup:

Again, thanks! And thanks for the link...the coat arrived the very next day after I ordered it! Just sprayed it yellow and it was done! Thinking of ordering a cheap Bigfig Hulk and seeing what I can do with him....

I present, Jubilee in her X-Men costume! Thanks to Dr. Leg O'Brick for the link for the trenchcoat!

I'm pretty sure this isn't purist. With the hair and the coat.

The coat isn't, but the hair might be (from "Friends", I believe). As rosalind14 said he sprayed the coat yellow. If you infer the coat isn't from Lego then you would be correct, it's a high quality custom made batch produced cloak that pegs between the arms of a minifigure. If you mean the costume? Then I'm not sure, I've seen Jubilee in similar costumes over the years, almost every X-Man has worn one of the black uniforms, and I quickly recognized it as Jubilee due to the jacket, head, hair, and glasses. It's up to the customizer to decide weather they want to go for a cannon costume of not, as after all it is their minifigure. I myself have many a time taken "creative licence" with a costume.

Sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick and misinterpreted what you've posted!

Back on topic, I'm interested to see what, or who, you would make with one of the cheap bigfigs! I'd like to sometime make a Joe Fixit Hulk, with coat, hat and gloves.

I'm pretty sure this isn't purist. With the hair and the coat.

It's not meant to be purist...hence why it's not in the purist thread.