Name: Kraang's Laser Turret (AKA Kraang's Turtle Target Practice

Theme: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Year: 2013

Minifigs: One

Pieces: 36 ( I count 45)

Price: $3.99

Parts:

turtles03.jpg

The parts themselves are okay. I personally would prefer the octagonal ring and arms to be in grey instead of flat silver. I feel that they would be more usefull, and I don't care for using both light grey and flat silver in the same metalic contraption. I also don't care for the magenta and pink, but it's probably important to differentiate it from the turtles colors. For all I know this is what Kraang's blasts look like in the new cartoon.

turtles06.jpg

Holy moley! Look at all those extra parts! And one of them is a round tile!

People:

tnt022.jpg

Oops, I forgot to take a picture of Kraang, so here is the Brickset pic of him. Gah! with so much pink and blue, he looks like a friends creation. Ok, the pink color is unavoidable, but the blue...as near as I can tell the exosuit is metalic or grey, but is often lit by a blue light, so this is what we get. In 2014 this design will be grey, but the blue color makes this a pretty useless minifig.

Design:

turtles04.jpg

Pretty straightforward. I like getting polybags without wheels, because I get more useable parts.

turtles05.jpg

The design is playability genius. This is actually a use of flick fire missiles I approve of.

MVP: Most valuable Piece

turtles07.jpg

It's the 2x2 round brick with grille! I know this isn't exactly a rare part, but lets be clear. This is one of the least expensive ways of getting it. The other parts are great as well, but just the thought of making columns of these in light bley was enough for me.

Of course now that I've said that they are going to start appearing on PAB walls.

Conclusion:

Parts: 9/10

Minifigs: 2/10

Build: 8/10

Playability: 10/10

Price: 9/10

Overall 7.6/10

I like the Kraang exoskeleton/android body. I think the colors work just fine. I'm a big Krang fan though, so I could be biased.

And yeah, shooting the little turtle targets is actually super fun. It's the only time I've ever really enjoyed a flick missile.