Sign in to follow this  
TenorPenny

[Micro Vigs] Moments from Hangar B-51

The border between the prosperous Galactic core and the more lawless Rim is loosely defined, but most legitimate traders use the American colony world of New Washington as the unofficial border. The spaceport is clean and and well kept and the bribes are low. Many different classes and types of ships, on either side of the law, pass through New Washington, including Hangar B-51. Below are some of the security-cortex images.

[[OOC: I was a little bored of taking photos of ships on a blank background, and wanted to test out creating a backdrop with some character to it. Below are the results. Click on the images to get to more pictures and details of the ships involved.]]

10946372935_7969219ecd.jpg

The Keepsake-class Fighter by TenorPenny, on Flickr

10923703115_56fbb0ebcf.jpg

The N-V-class Enforcer by TenorPenny, on Flickr

10907104324_dcddc3c7af.jpg

Hangar 27 by TenorPenny, on Flickr

10907272303_95d716fe72.jpg

10907006326_aa74708794.jpg

10906748253_a8e8751480.jpg

The Gen-7 CIV by TenorPenny, on Flickr

I don't do microscale much, but I think this is a great way to present the models and hope to see more of them (Backgrounds and ships both).

On one hand, the front seems a bit plain (The best part, to me, of the background is the rear corner. There there's all the detail and the added bonus of the window "studs" creating an extra level of depth).

But on the other hand, it's a hangar and the idea is that we're looking at the ship, not it. To that effect, I may suggest experiment with the color of the other elements in the Hangar. The red cylinders tend to be another visual focal point...sometimes distracting from the ship itself.

I like best the second ship labelled "Hangar 27" - not only for the ship, but I like how that angle caused the foreground to be a bit less in-focus.

I don't know your plans for making more Hangar Modules or doing a larger modular build - so I don't know the limitations you've set for yourself in terms of height/dimensions - but maybe one extra "plate" layer on the base would allow for a bit more detail, without sacrificing the ship at the center. Or replacing one of the wall bricks with 3 plates. I would be curious, too, how it looked in another grey.

Everything looks like it's part of a larger plan, however - so brick on. This is promising!