Sign in to follow this  
Ritz Brick

REVIEW: 75007 Republic Assault Ship & Coruscant

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Went to my local Wal-Mart today and happened to find the series 3 planets. There was only one Kamino available but there was some kind of sticky substance on the planet. (Coruscant and the asteroid field had it on them as well, but I picked up different ones). So I'll just stick with these ones.

advent_0001.jpg

First up is Coruscant

Set Information

Name: Republic Assault Ship & Coruscant (Acclamator)

Number: 75007

Theme: Star Wars

Year: 2013

Minifigures: 1

Pieces: 74

Price: $12.99 CDN $9.99 USD 9.99 GBP

Still not a big fan of Yoda on the box art, but the green shows well with the black background.

advent_0023.jpg

I wish TLC changes the way these are packaged, as mentioned before the planets are very prone to being touched and scratched so I rotate the planet around to look for imperfections.

advent_0022.jpg

The back of the box features the other planets in this series.

advent_0021.jpg

Contents, the pieces are stored inside the planet while the instructions are tucked in the box.

advent_0020.jpg

Both halves are identical sigh..

advent_0019.jpg

Our pieces layed out, nothing to interesting here, just our usual selection of Star Wars parts.

advent_0018.jpg

This piece is printed on.

advent_0017.jpg

Interesting choice of face for the clone, I thought it was reversible but isn't. Same face used in the battlepacks. (makes sense).

advent_0016.jpg

The main body, the white hinges stick out like a sort thumb, but they will be later covered up.

advent_0015.jpg

Rear

advent_0014.jpg

The grey plate with the groove helps keep the wings at the proper angle.

advent_0013.jpg

Completed, told you the white would be covered up.

advent_0012.jpg

Rear

advent_0011.jpg

Front

advent_0009.jpg

I lied :blush:

advent_0008.jpg

advent_0007.jpg

New design for the base.

advent_0005.jpg

The whole shebang.

advent_0004.jpg

This is one the planet looks like close up, it isn't very accurate IMO, the orange should be more like lights instead of lines. I've also never seen Coruscant with clouds either.

advent_0003.jpg

Rating:

Design: 8/10 It's easy to tell what it is,the white pieces still stick out and I would have like a little dark red sprinkled in.

Parts: 6/10 Our standard Star Wars pieces, nothing really stand out though, the printed piece is nice, but it's hard to find a use for it outside of this set.

Minifigure: 10/10 I love the new clone trooper and you can never get enough of them.

Build: 7/10 Takes about 5 minutes to build and nothing is confusing at all.

Playability: 5/10 These sets mostly are for display, the Acclamator itself isn't really a swooshy ship to begin with.

Price: 6/10 Overpriced but complaining doesn't do anything.

Overall: 7/10 The minifigure is the most redeaming part of the set and Corsucant is a must have for the Star Wars galaxy, even if the printing is sloppy.