Noahs-Dad

10229 Winter Village - when will it be retired

I've been holding off on purchasing the Winter Cottage, but after reading this thread, I may have to finally acquire the set this holiday season since there's a strong chance it may not be available holiday 2014. It's a shame that the Bakery (and possibly the post office too) has been discontinued. I would have loved to buy a duplicate as a parts pack to make my own Winter Village shop.

Yes, I am completely bummed that the Post Office will not be available this year! Will have to get the Cottage AND the Market both - may as well! I would've loved to have all the sets - the Toy Shop set is great. I suppose they will never bring them back but I hope the future will hold some great new ideas!

The post office can be had for $100 right now on bricklink, I just picked one up as I can only see it going up from there. I bought the cottage for a $30 discount earlier in the year, so I guess it's a wash in terms of cost.

I wonder why they decided to not carry this set a third year like the rest of the line? Maybe they thought it would eat away at sales of the cottage and village market since those are both priced higher? I'm planning on running my old 7722 train (modified to be more Christmas-y), and really wanted the post office to pair with it, since it shares the same logo with the mail car on the train. I also like the accessories that come with it, the mail truck with snowshoes is awesome, and I really like the gazebo.

Edited by naf

Since the village is the most recent set it will still be available this year with the market just like previous years. It will probably still be there next year since lego like to have at least 2 winter sets to accompany the new one, but after that it will be gone.