Sign in to follow this  
spanks_4

Layout WIP: Spanks

Ok so I've been working on a train layout and I will update this thread as I progress in the build/setup of this!

I'm doing a harbor/freight yard setup, switching yard, and a city/cities...

Big thanks goes to Kyphur for being an awesome person and extremely helpful!

If someone can convert that PDF to a picture and post it in the thread I would be very thankful!

Oh yeah I meant to mention that so far I have the red cargo train and the new train station which I plan on expanding and making better!

I also have the entire space police 3 set, but I think that will probably find a shelf soon because I don't see it working with my plans.

4912_001.pdf

That is a nice area to be working in! I cannot wait to see it come to!

Edited by TheBrickster
quote of entire topic removed

Update: The guy is supposed to start building my layout possibly this weekend so hopefully it will be fully built by next weekend! Also managed to get my hands on a lot of sets for a really good price from a friend:

1-7938 Passenger Train

1-7939 Cargo Train

1-7937 Train Station

1-7936 Level Crossing

2-4645 Harbor

2-3180 Tanker Truck

1-3221 Lego Truck

I also have the Maersk train coming in soon.

So far at home I have the red cargo train, one tanker truck *not including the 2 on the list*, and the recycle truck!

If someone can convert that PDF to a picture and post it in the thread I would be very thankful!

Here's the image - courtesy of pdf2jpg.net :

i5unu1.jpg

Can you access the layout on all four sides? The 4' table depth is a little too deep to reach from one direction.

cheers - mark

The 16 foot side is against a wall, but everything else I can walk around. I have a step ladder/stool that I can kneel on to give me more arms reach if I need it.

Also the way it's setup is each rectangle is it's on "table". Each table will be bolted together and I'm putting feet *think appliance feet* under all of the legs with furniture sliders so that I can move the entire layout around to access stuff if I can't do it with a little step stool.

I have had full size air hockey machines in this spot and didn't have any issue so hopefully everything will work like I want.