Example please :classic:

Brickshelf isn't working so I'll just describe it. Take a transparent part that can be printed on. like a trans neon green mini figure head. apply the print with the green goop dripping all down it, which has actually been printed on that color.

It won't look like opaque print on a transparent piece of plastic. the transparency is applied to the print as well as the part.

Prints on transparent surfaces should be opaque.

Something else:

Can we ask for a bit of slack in hero factory parts collision detection? Taking the current example of set 6200, a little bit of play and overlap is crucial - It's impossible to build that cannon arm, at least if you want to be able to rotate it out of one fixed position that you took forever to wiggle into.

Sorry for obnoxious text formatting. :tongue:

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

I have a very bad bug on LDD. When I looked at the brick palette and my files, they had a exclamation mark with a red brick in the background. I tried deleting all off my files and I've uninstalled and re-installed LDD, but no success. Can someone please help me with this? It's delaying my son from doing a lot of home schooling work and its very frustrating that most of the bricks can't be used :hmpf_bad:

Using prevously mentioned bug, i actually made other bricks smaller:

Kewl. So now you have pins that work! ROFLMAO

I was building a Green Ninja MOC on LDD, when I tried to put a head on the new shoulderpad piece, and the head surprisingly wouldn't go on.

The neck somehow shrunk, and is shorter:

Shortneck.png

Any tips?

-Sci

I was building a Green Ninja MOC on LDD, when I tried to put a head on the new shoulderpad piece, and the head surprisingly wouldn't go on.

Which shoulder pad is it?

As long as we are reporting mini figure head and shoulder issues, 3838 Mini Oxygen Bottles can't stack on top of 2526 Epaulets. It can be done with freemoving, but it should be legal. LEGO instrucion example here. It seems the neck in LDD is about half the height of the actual physical version.

A bug for me!

Using rotation tool with bionicle type ball joint (bricks 60176 and 57909), it appears 3 textfields, one for each axis.

Each textfield has 2 buttons to increase and decrease the angle.

Well, using the buttons of the first textfield, changes the value of the third and vice versa!

Even more weird, if I change the value with a direct input in the textfield, the result seems to be unpredictable! :wacko: (try to modify more than one time to see what I mean)

bugia.png

A minor bug in one of the new parts.

It concerns 92712 Conveyor Belt 4x16 (mis-spelled 'conveyer' in LDD :hmpf_bad: ).

You can fit technic axles to the axle bushes at either end of the belt frame (coloured orange in real life).

But: if you then select both the belt and the axles by using the connected selection tool (and clicking on the belt), the program does not recognise the connection. If you start moving it around, the axles stay behind.

It does see the connection, though, when you click (in connected selection) on the axle..... *huh*. Then the belt including the axles can be moved around..

A minor bug in one of the new parts.

It concerns 92712 Conveyor Belt 4x16 (mis-spelled 'conveyer' in LDD :hmpf_bad: ).

Hmm, very odd. If you put axles in all the holes, what it identifies as connected depends on where you click:

The belt - None of the axles, the conveyor piece moves by itself.

The edges - Axles in the middle 3 holes on either side are "connected" and move with the conveyor, the end ones (in the rollers) stay where they were

The rollers - It only highlights the roller and axles connected to it, moving the piece moves the conveyor and the axles in the roller you click but leaves all the others where they were.

It would seem that LDD is unaware that the rollers are connected to the belt and side pieces, which they probably should be.

I have a very bad bug on LDD. When I looked at the brick palette and my files, they had a exclamation mark with a red brick in the background. I tried deleting all off my files and I've uninstalled and re-installed LDD, but no success. Can someone please help me with this? It's delaying my son from doing a lot of home schooling work and its very frustrating that most of the bricks can't be used :hmpf_bad:

I know another guy having this problem. Hopefully we can find a solution to this bug. :sceptic:

I can not get an axel snap through part 6573 'Differential gear casing', maybe a bug ?

post-12302-132906452326.png

I can not get an axel snap through part 6573 'Differential gear casing', maybe a bug ?

Attach a 4274 Peg w. Knob onto either end of the Differential, then attach a 6541 Technic Brick 1x1 to the peg, then remove the Peg w. Knob and slide the axle through the 1x1.

Many times when parts don't want to work they can be tricked into doing what you want.

A small problem of which I'm not even sure whether is legal build (to current standards, at least):

LDD does not allow Brick 1x1 with Four Knobs (4733) to be fitted on the pin of Tile 2x2 with Vertical Pin (2460). See picture.

2460-4733_problem.jpg

I encountered this little bugger while rebuilding Train Station (Set 4556) in LDD 4.2.5. In the set, this construction is used for a turnstile - so after fitting, the brick should be able to move easily. See instructions - page 13 and 14.

I have tried this with the real bricks. It does fit without strain - the Brick fits loosely, because the wider outer edges of the Pin fit into the spaces that are left open by the four knobs on the sides.

A small problem of which I'm not even sure whether is legal build (to current standards, at least):

LDD does not allow Brick 1x1 with Four Knobs (4733) to be fitted on the pin of Tile 2x2 with Vertical Pin (2460). See picture.

I actually reported this last year (can't remember who found it then), and got in reply that it is not recommened to use anymore by designers. I think it may have to do with the fact that if you push the 4733 down onto the 4260 it may put stress on the pin. Or maybe it's just that the elements aren't ment to go together (there is not defined "snap").

And as far as LDD goes, it does not support it because of two reasons:

1) The connection is a "loose" connection, and there is no such connection type in LDD.

2) Even if they used a combination of other connections available, it would be too unpredictable/unforeseen results for other combintation of bricks to reward fixing this one special connection.

So I don't think we'll be seing it work for some time.

But it is possible to attach it with scafolding...you did try that, right?

Jupp, seems like it. Good find.

So I don't think we'll be seing it work for some time.

When trying with the real bricks I already sensed it was too loose and therefore difficult for LDD. So indeed, it is not actually a LDD bug. Anyway, good to hear that you already checked and that it's not 'recommended' anymore.

I have not yet tried to scaffold or 'free-move' it in it's place - will check.

Here's a template of the 1x1 w 4 Knobs on the Vertical Snap.

Keep the 1x1 Round on top to rotate it, then delete.

You beat me to it, Zinfinion! :laugh: I just had figured out how to scaffold and free-move the thingie in place (brilliant idea from Superkalle :thumbup: ), when I saw your reply. Good work. I can now amend the LXF for the Train Station Set.

Part #3833 MINI CONTRACTOR'S HELMET is missing an antistud on the underside of it.

Luckily its only a visual error since it connects OK.

Good morning :)

I don't really know if this is an error to report here. It's not a brick error but a color error. The color Nature (#20) (Bricklinks Milky White) doesn't show as that color, it shows as Transparent.

Greetings!

Part #3833 MINI CONTRACTOR'S HELMET is missing an antistud on the underside of it.

This is evident in many headgear pieces, not just this one. Most newer headgear pieces have this problem, as well as a few older ones.

Edited by Masta' Blasta'

Last days I'm meeting with slightly misplaced bricks like the 93606 Brick with bow 2x4 or 61678 Brick with bow 1x4. When I connect it with another brick, it do this:

(How it look after putting it, note the 93606 is slightly back so there is a edge and cannot be connected another brick behind it/or you can't connect it ahead of brick (ex. flat tile or any bigger brick unless is corrected))

lddscreenshot1s.th.png

How it should looks like:

(After "correcting" note there is no edge, it's smooth)

lddscreenshot2a.th.png

(Also, please click to the picture for original size, it's better to see it)

Does anyone have the same problem?

Edited by kamos

Last days I'm meeting with slightly misplaced bricks like the 93606 Brick with bow 2x4. When I connect it with another brick, it do this:

There is something very odd going on here. Sometimes you can place it fine, others it just won't fit. I can't for the life of me figure out exactly what is going wrong with it, seems to be that as you move around it gets slightly out of alignment.

Hi,

I'm new to LDD, and until I learn my way around, I was just recreating some of my 'real' models from the instructions. I was trying to recreate the mini Tantive IV that comes with the UCS Star Destroyer (which I don't have by the way!) but found the following problem:

If I place piece 4733 (Brick 1x1 w/ 4 knobs) directly next to part 6541 (Technic Brick 1x1) - which is required to make the backbone of the ship - then try to move the two items together (or any combo thereof) - LDD crashes immediately.

I have tried this several times and always get the same result. Is anyone else getting this?

This is the first problem I have encountered within LDD so far, but it might be something I'm doing wrong(?)

I'm currently using LDD 4.2.5 (brickset 604.1) on an ageing Sony Vaio laptop with a Pentium M750 processor, 1Gb RAM and an NVIDIA GeForce 6200 GPU.

Thanks for any advice you can give!