johanby

RC Receiver Unit with Auxiliary Output 6272

Two of the remote controlled racers (8475 and 8366) from 2002/2003 have a control unit called "RC Receiver Unit with Auxiliary Output (6272)", see http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=6272c01 or http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/6272. The control unit has a red connector which is connected to two RC race buggy motors 5292 (in parallel), but also one extra grey colored output (I guess that is the auxillary output). I can control the red output with the remote control, but nothing happens when I connect the grey output. Does anyone know how to control this output?

Edited by johanby

It's worth mentioning they only provide a momentary output rather than a constant. Obviously meant for a gear change function or something similar....

It's worth mentioning they only provide a momentary output rather than a constant. Obviously meant for a gear change function or something similar....

I am not so sure I will call it a momentary output. It works fine and deliver a constant output, as long as the load is not too heavy. I.e., if I stall the motor connected to the auxiliary output, the unit seems to cut the current at some limit. Thus the output seems current-limited compared to the regular output. For instance, if I connect the two 5292 motors to the auxiliary output, they will run freely as long as the car is not on the ground (no load), but as soon as it is put on the ground, the car will almost not move at all. However, I agree that the conclusion must be that the auxiliary output should be used to simpler tasks like gear shifting.