Sign in to follow this  
Fistach

WIP: NS Class 1700

Now I'm building the NS class 1700 locomotive. Although a scale real one would be far too long I decided to build it's smaller non-existing brother though. It will be possible to motorize it with power functions (there is space left for PF battery + IR tower + RC train unit).

THis is what I've got so far:

nscl1700.jpg_thumb.jpg

It's 8 studs wide and it uses lots of SNOT techniques. I managed to achieve the smooth cheese slope in front/back.

The nose slopes down too much, compared with the actual train in which the slope is sharper but in two steps (argh! difficult to explain*), but I don't think it would be possible to make it even more accurate like that.

Even if you COULD make it more accurate, it would probably interfere with interior due to the amount of SNOT work.

It's pretty damned accurate as it is, though. Good work!

* Hopelijk ben je Nederlands en leg ik het zo beter uit: De neus gaat te schuin naar beneden. De echte locomotief duikt ook zo ver door, maar doet dat in twee stappen: een erg zwakke hoek, en een bijna rechtopstaande hoek.

For the people who don't speak Dutch: I wasn't making fun of you, nor was I discussing plans to take over these forums. No, seriously! ;)

Edited by Melfice