DarthSion

PlayStation general discussion

Nope, only works on 3.41, after that sony patched the exploit, of course if you plan to upgrade the internal hard drive you only need to redownload 3.41.

Of course its only for now that it only works on 3.41 they will fix it to work on others sooner or later, and no doubt do custom firmware like the PSP, there is already proof of concept for CFW on the PS3.

Oh and you can't use PSN either, for now.

Nope, only works on 3.41, after that sony patched the exploit, of course if you plan to upgrade the internal hard drive you only need to redownload 3.41.

Of course its only for now that it only works on 3.41 they will fix it to work on others sooner or later, and no doubt do custom firmware like the PSP, there is already proof of concept for CFW on the PS3.

Oh and you can't use PSN either, for now.

You may like that kind of solution but to me it's dead. Back in the PlayStation days I had mine chipped as I wanted to play games that weren't released in Australia (for example Parasite Eve) and it worked well. No downside at all and no, I didn't copy games. But this is silly; PS3s always had the ability to play import games so all this gives you is the ability to pirate. Oh, yeah, it lets you "backup" and play "homebrew" games. :hmpf: You then as a trade off lose network access and most likely the ability to use new games and hardware.

Seems dead to me; if it's not consumer friendly then it's been marginalised and Sony don't need to care as much. The guys behind this kind of stuff annoy me and I wish they'd stop ruining things for everyone else. It's their fault that Linux support was removed, yet they complain about it. It's their fault that the PSPgo has a non-removable battery. The console market would be a lot more free without them.

HA the only thing dead is your line of thinking, with this will bring more features, they already have proof of concept for bringing back otherOS, proof of concept to let you play PSP games on the PS3, basic EMU for dreamcast games, basic emu for snes, they are already working on backwards compatibility for PS2 games which sony wont do because they want to take even more money from you by bringing out re-release into HD games, no doubt someone will give us an action reply, dozens of other EMU for other old consoles, hell i even bet they will give us something sony cant be stuffed doing cos they too busy building crap features for the social retards who can't make friends in real life, and give us better support for video and audio.

As for pirating, its only just now really started, before there was no way to play back ups, but yet sony rips us off with their unjustified game prices, and yes they are a rip off especially for us Aussies, i imported mini ninjas from the USA and paid for express courier and still was 20 bucks cheaper than the cheapest place in OZ, 30 cheaper then EBgames, and a month before we got it, and if i had of taken the cheap mail route it would have been 40 bucks cheaper.

Actually there is a stealth project in dev which will eventually let you play online, right now its only pirating, but by xmas there will be far more reason to use it, all ligit reasons, not everything is about piracy.

HA the only thing dead is your line of thinking

You're funny. Normally you're a real critic, for example...

they still can't even do a decent ps2 emulator for the pc, and what they have now certainly wont work on gutless undercut laptops, most pc's can't even run ps2 games.

...yet you're now believing that these guys will be able to do it. Why? I've heard these promises before and I used to believe them. But over the last 15+ years I've seen too many failed projects that started with big talk. It's hard to produce work like this in your free time, especially when people don't want to actually pay you for it. Cred only goes so far. That's why NeutrinoSX2 and PCSX2 still aren't "finished", so I'll believe the PS2 emulation and other fantasies when they actually happen. Besides, what's the point bringing back "Other OS" anyway; the PS3 isn't that powerful as a computer by todays PC standards, especially in regard to memory, and the GPU is locked. Running emulators and playing video files? Why do that? Once again a PC will do it better for less money. It all sounds like justification to me. As for building their own games network? That's just crazy talk. Why build one and have all the bother and vast cost of maintaining it, making sure it works with all games and keeping it clean of cheaters (funny concept considering everyone using it would be a pirate) when there's one already out there that costs nothing to use?

As for games being expensive here I agree. But I rarely pay full price for one... and I get 100 hours+ out of most, as do my wife and kids. Good value in my book. Still, games being expensive is no excuse for pirating; games are hardly a necessity.

Nice to see you arguing a point at last though. :sweet:

Simple the highest demand feature besides back ups will be ps2 emu, besides most pc don't have the power to do it, the ps3 has all the power it needs to do so, I too have seen many projects fail, but since the psp came along many have done well, cwcheat, motioninjoy, eboots so you can play back ups on any psx game, not just the ones sony feel like putting out.

OtherOs isn't meant to replace a pc, it is a stepping stone, no doubt which could lead to home-brew browsers better than sony's crappy one, its believe now the ps3 is hacked their is a possibility if otheros is restored a new media player could be made one which lets you play all files.

While not the best way it can also lead to fixing the retarded garbage sony has forced people to have fat32 formatted external pen drives, and external hard drives, yeah that is a fact internal is ntfs externals have to be fat32, which is retarded.

Running videos, well my pc is a intel i5 quad core with 4 threads @2.66, with 4gig ddr3 ram, 1 gig ati raidon 5450, hd 8 channel audio, with blu-ray dvd burner combo, 19inch wide screen full hd monitor.

My PS3 is connected via hdmi to my lg 32inch FHD tv.

Now how many people have my pc set up or close to it, not many, how many have something like my ps3, lots, most people cant watch blu-ray dvds, or FHD movies, but more people can do so via the ps3, so yeah the ps3 is better for running videos for most people.

Not to mention the more stuff on a pc will slow it down, the ps3 doesn't suffer this problem.

Where did i say building their own games network, i said stealth system so you can log into the official sony psn without being seen by sony.

Yeah well i would buy more games if they weren't so damn expensive, or had demo's man was i pissed when i bought MK vs DC, no demo for that.

Yeah i am arguing, because your just saying the only reason to hack is for piracy, i have my pspfat running cfw, so i can use the homebrew app cwcheat, and motioninjoy to connect my psp to my monitor.

Here is another reason, playing a game off hdd will be faster running then off disk (modnation racers), not to mention put less wear on the laser reducing the chance of YLOD.

And come on, your an Aussie we get bent over when it comes to TV, are you going to tell me you don't download a single TV show, top gear how it gets cut down, spartacus how it gets over censored, or movies, we never got fanboys in HD.

OtherOs isn't meant to replace a pc, it is a stepping stone, no doubt which could lead to home-brew browsers better than sony's crappy one,

Perhaps, but the lack of memory is a major issue.

While not the best way it can also lead to fixing the retarded garbage sony has forced people to have fat32 formatted external pen drives, and external hard drives, yeah that is a fact internal is ntfs externals have to be fat32, which is retarded.

That's because they don't want to pay Microsoft for NTFS.

Now how many people have my pc set up or close to it, not many, how many have something like my ps3, lots, most people cant watch blu-ray dvds, or FHD movies, but more people can do so via the ps3, so yeah the ps3 is better for running videos for most people.

I do! :laugh: I've had a PC connected to my main TV for about 8 years. My current one is a AMD pre-Athlon (2600XP? :look: ) and it handles 1080. I have a custom music player running on it and a full home network. The PS3 can't compete with that. Seriously; ever since LCD TVs there has been no excuse to not have a media PC.

Not to mention the more stuff on a pc will slow it down, the ps3 doesn't suffer this problem.

Can't say I agree with that; I haven't formatted my media PC for 5 years and it's still running smoothly... and it's only running 2K!

Where did i say building their own games network, i said stealth system so you can log into the official sony psn without being seen by sony.

Ahh! When you said "stealth project" I thought you meant "secret project". I'd be surprised if they could pull stealth access to PSN off, but yeah, it'd be cheaper and probably easier than building their own.

Yeah well i would buy more games if they weren't so damn expensive, or had demo's man was i pissed when i bought MK vs DC, no demo for that.

I own that game; I hardly play it...

Yeah i am arguing, because your just saying the only reason to hack is for piracy, i have my pspfat running cfw, so i can use the homebrew app cwcheat, and motioninjoy to connect my psp to my monitor.

No, I was talking about the PS3 only. Hacking can be justified at times, for example the iPhone (and some Android devices) are over restricted for little reason. I'm still not sold on the PS3 though.

Here is another reason, playing a game off hdd will be faster running then off disk (modnation racers), not to mention put less wear on the laser reducing the chance of YLOD.

Games do that already to a degree.

And come on, your an Aussie we get bent over when it comes to TV, are you going to tell me you don't download a single TV show, top gear how it gets cut down, spartacus how it gets over censored, or movies, we never got fanboys in HD.

I don't like much TV, but I do download a lot of Anime. I buy it locally when I can, but a lot just doesn't come down here. So no, I don't claim to be a pristine virgin.

I should learn to quote but meh.

YelloDog ran on OtherOS, its linux uses less memory.

Ohhh swing and a miss, the internal hdd is ntfs so every console they sell they pay to ms, fat32 only for externals is retarded, sorry but yes it is, and here is why, guess who owns patents for all fat variations as well as ntfs, ding ding and the survey says, microsoft, so there is no reason to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_Allocation_Table#FAT_licensing

Your joking, you can run FHD on that old junker?.

Huh?, the more you have on a pc the slower it can become, not to mention winrot.

Yeah there is, ps3 is a cheaper media centre, plus its not microsoft.

No infact they already have the stealth project, its just still early days to know how safe it is.

There is another reason to download, the EU PSN is rubbish.

Yeah and if i could have downloaded the game i wouldn't have wasted the money.

Well that is your choice, some of us are sold on hacking the ps3.

To a small degree, sony limits how much space a game can install to disk (4gigs), its already proven fact, modnation racer is much faster running from a drive then disk.

Well then you go, your acting like ps3 piracy is wrong but because you cant get hentai here its ok to download it.

YelloDog ran on OtherOS, its linux uses less memory.

Makes no difference. Browsers need 250 MB+ to handle AJAX and Flash well.

Ohhh swing and a miss, the internal hdd is ntfs so every console they sell they pay to ms, fat32 only for externals is retarded, sorry but yes it is, and here is why, guess who owns patents for all fat variations as well as ntfs, ding ding and the survey says, microsoft, so there is no reason to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_Allocation_Table#FAT_licensing

Err.... yeah I know who makes FAT32 and NTFS... but where did you hear that the PS3 runs NTFS? It doesn't; it uses UFS2. Swing and miss indeed. :tongue:

Your joking, you can run FHD on that old junker?.

Well it's old, but it's no junker. I specially made it for the purpose; it's got a beautiful case and it still looks new. But yeah, it runs it. Not perfectly no, but since my TV is 720 it doesn't matter much anyway!

Huh?, the more you have on a pc the slower it can become, not to mention winrot.

Not true at all. "Winrot" is rubbish; it's caused by bad third party programs not by old systems or full hard-drives. (I keep mine only half full anyway as I use the network for the most part.) Don't install bad programs and your computer will be trouble free. Blaming Microsoft for the bad work of other companies is hardly fair.

Yeah there is, ps3 is a cheaper media centre, plus its not microsoft.

You can buy a cheaper PC... and then you can use Linux if you prefer.

Well then you go, your acting like ps3 piracy is wrong but because you cant get hentai here its ok to download it.

Huh? When did I say that? PS3 piracy is wrong, as is all piracy. Just because I do it doesn't mean that I think that I'm legally and morally in the right. But, to continue my analogy, I may not be a pristine virgin, but I do see myself as a bride in a lovely lacy off-white dress. I tend to download an episode or two. If I like it I download the rest and buy it as soon as it's for sale. In essence I'm trying to make up for that fact that it's not shown on TV; in Japan they get "free" trials by just watching TV, and I want the same. For the most part I'm not depriving them of sales, and I never would have bought any if I never downloaded in the first place.

(It's not Hentai anyway; it's shows like Gundam and Gurren Laagan. :wink: )

No but its clear you are not into hacking the PS3, so no point to keep arguing.

Maybe, I consider myself a hardcore gamer, no offence but i consider movement controllers on all consoles to be more for kids and chicks, right now none of the games interest me, in the future however i am curious to play heroes on the move, but as its not insomniac doing ratchet and clank i don't have high hopes for it, especially after high impacts rubbish job with the 2 psp games they did.

Maybe if they did a star wars game, but other wise they just don't seem to be aimed at hardcore gamers, although a lego game would be interesting.

How accurate is it?.

Only things i am interested in for the rest of the year is TFU2 and mortal kombat HD collection.

Edited by DarthSion

No but its clear you are not into hacking the PS3, so no point to keep arguing.

You're right. Arguing with someone who has their mind set is a waste of time for both parties. :sweet:

Maybe, I consider myself a hardcore gamer, no offence but i consider movement controllers on all consoles to be more for kids and chicks, right now none of the games interest me, in the future however i am curious to play heroes on the move, but as its not insomniac doing ratchet and clank i don't have high hopes for it, especially after high impacts rubbish job with the 2 psp games they did.

Actually, I agree. My main interest is for gun games like Time Crisis. I have Sports Champions and the sword fighting part is good fun. But I see it as a different way to play rather than a replacement.

How accurate is it?.

It seems quite accurate to me, but I must confess I don't have much Wii experience to compare. I was impressed though how it still worked with the sun at a low angle

Only things i am interested in for the rest of the year is TFU2 and mortal kombat HD collection.

My list for this year is short as well. Luckily I have at least 4 games that I still haven't finished and 5+ that I'd happily play some more.

Yeah exactly, i am for it more so now i have a dog, and your not, you wont change your mind and neither will i, i can understand not wanting to do it and that is a fair choice.

Yeah that gun add on sounds interesting, but doesn't look comfortable.

Ok yeah i have heard it is pretty good at accuracy.

See now i don't get that, why buy new games if you have ones you haven't finished.

See now i don't get that, why buy new games if you have ones you haven't finished.

I try to not pay full price for games. Some I can't resist, some I buy as I doubt they'll be around for long, but for the most part I am a good boy. The rest I buy when they are on sale. The problem with this system is that generally several games are on sale at once, so I buy big then and then I have enough to cover the time until the next sale. Having a backlog also helps me resist new games. When I buy new games sometimes I'm naughty and play the new ones rather than completely finish the old, (and that's why I have several that I'd happily go back to,) and most of the time I go back eventually. :laugh: I went back to finishing off the side-quests of FFXIII recently.

Unlike LEGO, games cost near nothing to replicate so the sales can be quite good if you're prepared to play a game that's six months old. Another good thing about this system is often I hear bad reviews about a game much later and then I save even more money!

I see, guess that makes sense, i never buy new games until i finish current ones, mind you i only buy a couple a year.

but as its not insomniac doing ratchet and clank i don't have high hopes for it, especially after high impacts rubbish job with the 2 psp games they did.

I don't know about the Clank game, but R&C: Size Matters is in my opinion just as good as any other R&C game.

Oh please, that whole dream scene was like a cheap lame soapy.

Edited by DarthSion

WARNING, if you got a 3 month PSN+ it will auto renew, mine just did even though i didn't want it to, nor ask it to.

Damn bloody sony.

WARNING, if you got a 3 month PSN+ it will auto renew, mine just did even though i didn't want it to, nor ask it to.

Damn bloody sony.

If you're sure about that then complain; it's illegal. I suspect though that it was buried in the terms you didn't read.

Yeah apprently its in there somewhere, i sent them an email, better give me my money back for their rubbish service.

Yeah apprently its in there somewhere, i sent them an email, better give me my money back for their rubbish service.

I'm curious at their response. My bet is they'll give you one. To be honest I like the service; it's given my and my family some new games for a fraction of the price I paid already. (The auto-download service is rather lame though; not enough selection over what is downloaded.)

Well your wrong, the bastards wont refund it, worst still i have to log in which i cant do because they will make me upgrade firmware and then i loose out on psgroove.

worst still i have to log in

To cancel it? :look: Did they send you a warning to your EMail? Did they send you a warning to your PS3? (Obviously you wouldn't have received it.) In any case I just re-read the terms, and they are clear;

Provided that your wallet has sufficient funds, or your Automatic Funding (see below) remains set to On, your subscription will automatically renew on the Next Renewal Date.

Please note this part;

- Cancelling from a PC:

Click on the following link, sign in to PlayStation®Network, and then go to [View Services]. When you have selected the subscription, cancel the automatic subscription renewal.

https://store.playstation.com/login.gvm

You might be able to keep your beloved PSGroove afterall.

...another option is you give me (or someone you trust :laugh: ) your login details.

To cancel it? :look: Did they send you a warning to your EMail? Did they send you a warning to your PS3? (Obviously you wouldn't have received it.) In any case I just re-read the terms, and they are clear;

Please note this part;

You might be able to keep your beloved PSGroove afterall.

...another option is you give me (or someone you trust :laugh: ) your login details.

Actually i did some looking and managed to log in and cancel via pc, but still cant use it for the next 3 months so waste of 20 bucks.

No no email warning, just an email saying they took the money from my credit card.

I am the only person i know with a ps3, as for you, i thought you already have a PSN+ account?.