Sign in to follow this  
Heir of the Chronicler

Alpha-Team Returns (Fan-Fiction Short Story)

Hello, all!

I've always liked Alpha Team... I drooled over the original series sets when I got their launch issue of Lego Mania Magazine. Unfortunately, I could never afford to buy any of them, and the following two (poor) installments to the series pretty well dulled my interest.

A while back, I found a couple of the original sets at a yard sale. That, coupled with the new "Agents" line - which I feel is kind of a watered-down AT, taking the "secret agent" cliche to a new level - prompted my imagination earlier today. So, I whipped this together, an' I thought you guys might like to read it.

I recommend listening to

while reading to get in the "mood". Its from the Iron Man soundtrack.
Recording Transcript from Suspect "Dash Justice", found 8/25/2008, recorded 5/11/2008.

Notes: Original was found next to the tracks in a subway station. May shed light on recent criminal activity.

--- Begin Transcript ---

Hey there... if you're listenin' to this, then you'd probably know me as "Dash"... "Dash Justice". Not many know that name... but to those of you who do, it'll mean somethin'.

What you're about to hear has never been recorded in full... we didn't want people to know. But now, I think... I think perhaps it should be heard. It should be known what we did... and what we may soon die for.

Back in the '90's, I was a hit man... had a lot of employers. My last one was a crime lord... named himself as "Ogel". I was his jack of all trades... and the first one he hired. Over the years, he hired more into his personal staff... we were the cream of the crop in thugs. The first to come was an electrical genius... called him Charge. He could wire up just about anything... good at disarming bombs, too. After him, Ogel hired a demo man we came to call Crunch; nice fella, rode a big-megablocks harley davidson in his spare time.

Few months later, one of Ogel's caches was raided; the fella even got around Charge's security system. Ogel had me hunt him down... and offer him a job. Guy was an acrobatic master; called himself "Flex". Ogel had him do diamond thefts and the like.

After Flex and I went through no less than eight vehicles during a heist because our get-away truck broke down, I had Ogel track down an ace mechanic to mind the gear; he hired a pretty li'l lady who went by "Cam". With more and more folks in both crime an' law usin' computers for their work, we hired on an expert hacker, a young girl fresh out of college who we nick-named "Radia"... long story. She surprised us with a helluva knowledge of laser technology; that came in handy, let me tell ya.

Anyway, we came to work as a team, doin' Ogel's dirty work. We were feared by cops and criminals alike; if we set our eyes on something... or some one... nothing stopped us. And after years of putting our megablocks on the line for Ogel, he brought us in for one last job... an' betrayed us all, leavin' us to the rozzers - or simply to die.

Months later, we were brought back together by a wealthy intelligence vigilante... called himself Cartwright. He confirmed our suspicions... Ogel was up to somethin', and somethin' big. He gave us the gear, gave us the trainin', hell, gave us everythin' we needed to track down Ogel and expose him. For almost a year, we hunted him, destroying storehouses and interrogating his henchmen.

And then, his horrifying plan was laid bare: He had developed a toxin, that could be distributed via gas-filled orbs, that would drive people murderously insane - and after they died, they would become zombies loyal to him until they were too decayed to move.

We went into action, and raided his mountain lair; we destroyed thousands of his orbs and damn new blew up the mountain itself. He had been turning his fellow criminals into zombie pawns, which he then threw against us. We overcame everything and shut him down - but he himself slipped through our fingers.

We gave chase, followed him everywhere... but he was always a just ahead, just a step too far. We uncovered his next scheme: to distrupt all the worlds weather so as to cause confusion and anarchy, and help him spread his toxic orbs unopposed. Once again, we destroyed his drones and his devices, but as before, he eluded us - and then he simply dissapeared.

If I believed in such things, I'd say it was fate that led us to him next. He had fled to the oceans floor and set up a base in an abandoned soviet research station; again, Cartwright gave us the cutting-edge underwater equipment we needed to shut him down.

It was damn close; he had begun mutating the sea creatures themselves into bloodthirsty beasts. Most of us just about lost our lives down there in the depths... but we killed him. We watched his rusting base implode under the pressure; we saw him die.

Our equipment was scrap after that... we ditched most of it. When we got back to the staging ground, everything was gone - our trucks, the chopper, all of it. Only a note was left... it read, "A grateful father thanks you. - Cartwright." After that, we went our separate ways... most of us tried to start fresh... make new lives for ourselves. Radia and I moved to New York; I kept my fingers in the industry to make sure no one was comin' for us. Cam opened up a garage; Crunch was probably her biggest customer, he went to cruise the country on his bike. Charge bought out an electricals company an' started wiring skyscrapers... and Flex, well, word has it he joined the circus.

That was six years ago... but it would seem the past has, at last, come back to haunt us. A few weeks back, somethin' big went down in Chicago... a couple o' buildings blew up, an' there was a lot of retaliation between the gangs and the cops. Then, the DA came out and said that a "vigilante group known as Alpha Team" was to blame for the recent anarchy, and that their "best agents were on the case".

It turns out those "agents" are a new government division, with technology that shames the best of what we had at our disposal back in the day. I tried to pull the team back together, compare notes, figure out what was going on... but it was too late. Charge, Crunch and Flex were all already taken by these "Agents"... Cam just barely got a warning off to us before they got her, too. Now its jus' Radia an' I... on the run.

Jus' a couple of days ago, Cartwright dropped us a line and told us to come to the old garages. Not that I really trust anyone... but we went there and found, well... I'm sure you'll be seeing it on the news. Its kind of like... like a black, wheeled tank. There was a note on the seat... read "A parting gift from an old friend".

I don't know how they knew where to find all of us... or why they're after us. We've been framed; theres someone behind the scenes, pulling the strings. As I make this recording, Radia and I are preparing to confront these Agents... find our friends... and clear our names.

Or die trying.

--- End Transcript ---

Hope you like it. Didnt know where to put it, so please move as you see fit.

- Heir

P.S.: I'm "Lord Admiral Helden Ravensdorn"; Heir of the Chronicler is my BZP alias. I seem to have lost the ability to sign into my Helden account when the forum made its switch over, so I registered a new one.

Edited by Heir of the Chronicler