NickAb

[MOC] On the origin of pieces

This a small MOC of the first LEGO injection moulding machine I created for entry in "Create your own exhibition" challenge on LEGO Ideas. You can also see it at LEGO Ideas website.

53549427649_aaed57f32a_b.jpg

"On the origin of pieces"

Have you ever wondered where the fundamental building blocks of our universe come from?

A theory suggests the pieces are created by an interdimensional apparatus that feeds on matter from another dimension and “moulds” it into the basic building blocks forming our universe.

The theory also helps to explain how – despite the “Law of Conservation of Matter” – new pieces frequently appear in large quantities in the LEGO city seemingly out of nowhere.

The latest paper by Dr Cyber describes how such an apparatus would operate. Be the first to see a scale model of the theorised apparatus!

For the two parts of moulds I used recolored "Container, Box 2 x 2 x 1 Half with Stud and 4 Corner Supports" and "Container, Box 2 x 2 x 1 Half with 4 Side Supports" introduced in "21242: The End Arena". I just like how those two pieces mesh together, I hope LEGO produces those pieces in more colors.

I also made a mod version that uses bricks in available colors only. The fancy container pieces used for moulds are replaced with widely available 2x2 jumper plate and two 1x2x1 panels that have side wals.

53548243782_f391bc2044_z.jpg

Edited by NickAb