Sign in to follow this  
Gnentlebuilder85

Dune Ornithopter landing issue

Hi all, built my ornithopter and love it but for some reason the switch to use the landing gear isn't working. I hand use the cogs manually. Taken it apart and can't find the reason for this. Annyone that can help?

I don't have the model myself so I cannot say much, other than carefully and patiently going through all the technic elements that make it work. From what I hear it is a rather complex model, and the official boarding ramp is connected to this mechanic too. It's still very new so it might be too soon for common building issues or mistakes to have come to light.
Good luck with the troubleshooting! It does look like an awesome model!

I had the same problem. I discovered that at step 87 in the manual, I had flipped the yellow T-shaped piece on its side as I closed the left-hand side of the structure. This had  trapped the white pin inserted at step 65 (and pushed home at step 67) on the wrong side of the red L-shaped piece added at step 86. This jams the mechanism. So:  keep the "T" T-shaped, ie with the stem pointing down, and the bar horizontal, when assembling. Hope this helps ;)