Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Pictures of the minifigs included in the Ollivander’s and potion classroom sets can be found in the usual place!

Love the new Snape minifig (with arm printing!!) and that new flask piece! So cool to finally see a rounded one like that after it was teased all the way back in 2001 :laugh_hard:

would you be able to dm what the usual place is? everywhere I usually check hasn't posted them yet

3 minutes ago, Brickwraith said:

would you be able to dm what the usual place is? everywhere I usually check hasn't posted them yet

I'd like to know what the usual place is too. Used to be legoleaks on instagram, but it now only shows the top posts and if their not in the top 12-15 posts then I can't see it. Lol. I have eventually found them, but the "usual place" would be nice to know.

Posted (edited)

I thought the usual place was r/legoleak now and they aren't there. I completely missed the leak yesterday. :P Instagram is completely unfeasable, unless there is a specific account I don't know about which I'm supposed to be following.

Edited by SoupOrFishOil

Can someone DM me the Instagram address for the leaks as well I can’t seem to find it 

3 hours ago, Brickwraith said:

One of the new wand molds looks kind of like it has a snake head on the handle

Yes it does! All the new wands come in a shared mould pack (like the lotr swords from rivendell)

I would also be thankfull for a on with the information ^^'

Just read the updated articke on stone Wars "Bei den Mini-Modellen gibt es wohl keine allzu großen Überraschungen, allerdings sollen sich diese diesmal besonders gut mit der neuen Großen Halle kombinieren lassen."

the Mini models in the advent calendar are said to be not very surprising but this time very compatible with the great hall.... Gives me hope this will apply on the minifigures, too, with a new ghost... in the other Hand it makes me angry to get Dumbledores speaker desk or similar sold seperately from the 200€ set

chaos_lego on insta has shared the pics of the Diagon Alley and potions minifigures 

Hopefully the new wand pack from Ollivanders will be included in every large Harry Potter set going forwards instead of being a one-and-done deal 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

Same here, this already beats the post-2021 Hogwarts system for me. The interiors for that system were extremely minimalistic which was off-putting.

Meh. The Polyjuice Potion Mistake was one of the best HP sets ever in my opinion, and the Chamber of Secrets had pretty decent interiors throughout. Though I agree that some of the later sets, like the Fluffy Encounter and Sirius Black's Rescue, didn't live up to them.

But honestly, based on what we've seen so far, the troll bathroom (apart from the troll itself), corridor, and Hufflepuff common room modules are nothing much to write home about either, design-wise. And the courtyard seems to be empty and the Great Hall seems to mostly be taken from the 2021 set with a higher ceiling but no fireplace. I don't see any vast improvements here. Certainly not EUR 70 woth of them!

Edited by brickbride

Posted (edited)

Apart from what I have already written: The new Great Hall is supposed to have 1732 pieces, about 550 more than the Chamber of Secrets (1176). 

First of all, at that piece count and a reported EUR 220 it seems overpriced to me - even compared to the Chamber of Secrets, which I found overpriced, too. (It's now EUR 150 though I think it started out lower.) Sure, the new set has ten figs and a bigfig, but the other had ten figs plus golden Voldie plus owls plus a basilisk.

And I cannot see where all the parts go, now that we know the size. I've already found the old modular system kinda wasteful, since you had to build adjacent walls twice and then tile all the ceilings, but apparently the new system with the slide-out modules is worse.

To put things in perspective: For the piece count of the Great Hall, under the 2021 system you'd have gotten the Chamber of Secrets AND a good mid-sized set like the Room of Requirement.

Which would have netted you fifteen regular figs, golden Voldie, owls, a pixie, the basilisk, and the fiendfyre snake.

And you'd STILL have paid less!

Edited by brickbride

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, brickbride said:

Apart from what I have already written: The new Great Hall is supposed to have 1732 pieces, about 550 more than the Chamber of Secrets (1176). 

First of all, at that piece count and a reported EUR 220 it seems overpriced to me - even compared to the Chamber of Secrets, which I found overpriced, too. (It's now EUR 150 though I think it started out lower.) Sure, the new set has ten figs and a bigfig, but the other had ten figs plus golden Voldie plus owls plus a basilisk.

And I cannot see where all the parts go, now that we know the size. I've already found the old modular system kinda wasteful, since you had to build adjacent walls twice and then tile all the ceilings, but apparently the new system with the slide-out modules is worse.

To put things in perspective: For the piece count of the Great Hall, under the 2021 system you'd have gotten the Chamber of Secrets AND a good mid-sized set like the Room of Requirement.

Which would have netted you fifteen regular figs, golden Voldie, owls, a pixie, the basilisk, and the fiendfyre snake.

And you'd STILL have paid less!

I assume lots of pieces go to the rockwork. There is a reason Lego once used 3D baseplatetes and those big ugly rock pieces.

The main Problem in my opinion is that the great hall dies not benefit from its size. It doesn't have more details. In fact it has much less with the tower from the 2018 one missing. And of course the pull out rooms are just pathetic.

Edited by Gorilla94

21 hours ago, Virginia_Bricks said:

75954 only had 2 rows of tables. This new Great Hall has 2 rows and seems to be about the same length as 2018 if not longer.

It had two rows but it had four separate tables (two rows of two). Again, not a perfectly accurate representation of the film, but a playable one. The new one looks to just have two long tables.

The new Snape and accessories look awesome.

One thing consistent with the Harry Potter line since 2018 is that they always manage to deliver cool new complimentary stuff within sets, even if the sets themselves aren't so desirable to everyone. Even the new Great Hall has the awesome troll and dark brown Quirrel for instance, which was a major point of contention when the first Quirrel came out in 2018.

Posted (edited)

For those having trouble finding anything the leaks on instagram and have found they're not yet posted on the usual lego leak subreddit, try the lego harry potter specific subreddit, for now and future reference.

Looking at the Ollivanders & Madam Malkin minifigure line up there's three new torsos, the ones that count, but the rest looked familiar to me so I wanted to check they are indeed repurposed.

So here goes: Harry (duh), young girl (with flesh hands), boy in wheelchair, mannequin 1, mannequin 2 (but white hands).

I've not seen it confirmed anywhere but does anyone know if it's expected that Buckbeak and the Mandrake come with a minifigure like other buildable creatures like the Patronus and Fawkes etc?

Edited by rebelpilot

Interesting to see Snape get arm printing, weird to give it to him here. Maybe we're getting the same snape in a more expensive set later.

The new wands seem interesting, I think they might be too big for the minifigures to hold without looking off. might make good walking canes though.

Also I did just notice that some of the wands have the snake head from Lucius Malfoy's wand.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, rebelpilot said:

I've not seen it confirmed anywhere but does anyone know if it's expected that Buckbeak and the Mandrake come with a minifigure like other buildable creatures like the Patronus and Fawkes etc?

I haven't heard anything like that and don't expect it.

The more I look at Madam Malkin's, the more baffled I am by the shop's selection. It's called "robes for all occasions" but you know what they don't carry? Robes! (With skirt pieces.) And witch hats.

Edited by brickbride

Just something about the Great Hall to draw people's attention to, I think on the closed side of the building (as in the side we have not seen so far) there will be the stairs to the Boathouse by the courtyard and next to the Great Hall itself will be the Pepperpot building - I think that's the shape you can see through the windows. 

There is also the balcony round the outside which is nice to finally get in a set. Still not sure about the price but from the limited views we have so far it is the best looking imo. 

Posted (edited)

It looks like they've finally give Snape the proper legs! w00t! Those extra, nonsensical lines always drove me bonkers. Lucius' (and seven other HP characters') legs instead of the one from hp134.

@Gorilla94 they still seem to be BURPing heavily and in dire need of a Tummy Soothing Tonic. :pir_laugh2: 

@brickbride PPM was brilliant. I've got at least a dozen of them modded in my castle. Fluffy Encounter was the same wave, though, iirc, from 2021 anyway. I remember the pandemic era interview with the poor FE designer where he was trying to explain to a non-Potterhead just why the room was empty and how putting the turkey leg in there was such a departure. I really felt for the gent.  

@Mordarch, @Brickwraith @chris6507, @SoupOrFishOil, @Gorilla94

(sorry if I forgot anyone) For those like me who don't have IG accounts, you can use the IG mirror picuki.com (with all the adblocking stuff you have and then some :sceptic:) and the same hashtags as on IG. The snag is they generally only update once a day, and if it gets triggered too early, you're SooL until those 24 hours are over. (So kindly don't trigger it until you see concrete word of a leak so I don't regret sharing. :tongue:) For those who'd like to help us, it's still possible without IG accounts to view a few entries, but only a few. If you'd only name the acct like @Darth Shadowthrone did (cheers! :wub:) - I think that's still within rules as long as you're not posting links? - then we can go directly to their IG pages and usually still see the relevant posts. That works as long as they haven't made more than nine posts since. Plus the poster gets the hit, which is always nice.

Edited by krimimimi

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, krimimimi said:

PPM was brilliant. I've got at least a dozen of them modded in my castle. Fluffy Encounter was the same wave, though, iirc, from 2021 anyway. I remember the pandemic era interview with the poor FE designer where he was trying to explain to a non-Potterhead just why the room was empty and how putting the turkey leg in there was such a departure. I really felt for the gent.

You're right, Fluffy Encounter came out in June 2021, same as PPM and the Chamber of Secrets. I wasn't actually suggesting that the quality went down the longer the system was on the market, just that it was hit-or-miss in general. PPM was excellent, Chamber of Secrets was overpriced but still pretty good, Hospital Wing and Room of Requirement were some of the better entries as well. Then we had Dumbledore's Office consisting of a good library part and a much worse Dumbledore's tower part, and bottom-liners like Sirius Black's Rescue and the Fluffy Encounter. So, yeah, I can see why people criticize the modular system and especially the lackluster interior design in SOME sets, but that wasn't a problem ALL of the sets had.

To me it just seems that when LEGO choses to retread the same ground again and again and again (such as by rebooting Hogwarts every few years), it often doesn't do things BETTER overall. Even if prices remained constant, it would be debatable whether the 2021 modular system was an improvement over the 2018 one (but at least they went for a completely different approach to suit different tastes), and even more so whether the 2024 modular system was an improvement over 2021 (especially given that it looks very similar overall). Now add the price increases which are often quite steep, especially here - no way would inflation account for this much of an increase, and like I've said, you might get more pieces but you don't actually get a larger footprint -, and each new system becomes less attractive to me.

1 hour ago, krimimimi said:

PPM was brilliant. I've got at least a dozen of them modded in my castle.

Do you have pics? That sounds awesome.

Edited by brickbride

Posted (edited)

I really like those new moulds for the wands and the potion flask. I wonder if we might get an elder wand piece at some point or maybe that might be too bulky?

Edited by Tariq j

4 hours ago, brickbride said:

Do you have pics? That sounds awesome.

DMed. 😊

Hospital Wing and RoR are also two of my faves. I loved the library, and even Dumbledore's Office wasn't toooo bad, but the form was all wrong. Primarily it was good for reusing elsewhere, which hardly seems the point.

I'm not sure I agree as to footprint, as space is dear, but I at least want more detail, more creativity, and the interior of the 2024 GH seems to lack both beyond the Christmas puds. As for the rest, you're speaking from my heart. lol It's odd, because they've come so far in set design, but often that seems not to apply to this theme, particularly when they reinvent the wheel in short intervals, or see Madame Malkin's, say. 

Can anyone make out the interior depth of the Great Hall?

4 hours ago, krimimimi said:

DMed. 😊

Hospital Wing and RoR are also two of my faves. I loved the library, and even Dumbledore's Office wasn't toooo bad, but the form was all wrong. Primarily it was good for reusing elsewhere, which hardly seems the point.

I'm not sure I agree as to footprint, as space is dear, but I at least want more detail, more creativity, and the interior of the 2024 GH seems to lack both beyond the Christmas puds. As for the rest, you're speaking from my heart. lol It's odd, because they've come so far in set design, but often that seems not to apply to this theme, particularly when they reinvent the wheel in short intervals, or see Madame Malkin's, say. 

Can anyone make out the interior depth of the Great Hall?

I think it’s about 11x25

I thought the Harry included in this year's advent calendar might be the one from Hagrid's Hut seeing as Harry wears that green jumper whilst playing chess with Ron in The Great Hall during in the Christmas holidays. But I've just found this activity book on Amazon which releases in September and will be including that Harry so I'm guessing the advent calendar might have a school uniform Harry again.81hbwyvrZaL._SL1500_.jpg

Man! LEGO sure knows what they’re doing. When I heard a Great Hall was coming, I told myself I’m not getting it. Now I see pictures of it....and I have to get it!

1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

Now I see pictures of it....and I have to get it!

What about it is a must have to you? Genuinely curious.