Darth_Legois

Aussie sales! Share the news of LOCAL sales!

pirates wont be widely available until 2nd half of 09. big w might get an early shipment around march/april. you'll need to order from S@H if you're desperate.

haven't seen the barbie (that's what aussie call BBQ :tongue: ) impulse set yet.

But your american? :look: mate :tongue:

Does any one else notice that the lego aile seems to be dissapering? I went to target and al they had was 5 big MM sets and some bionicle :hmpf_bad: Same with Big W as well, all they had was duplo and a bit of castle! Then whe I thought it couldn't get any worse I went to TW and yes, they has an ALRIGHT selection but then they had the dwarf's defence for $30 bucks! :wacko::oh3::angry:

My local KMart Isle just got bigger due renovations, but most shelves are empty. Have noticed V2 impulses sets have arrived and the town MF pack as well.

But my Target store has cut the lego isle in half from the full isle in the last big toy sale in sept/oct.

v19 torrent is put on clearance in kmart - $80. so is the magnaguard set -$65 (?). i can't quite remember. the v19 is well stocked. should drop to $50 or less if everyone put off on buying these for long enough. :tongue::thumbup:

meanwhile, the 09 sw and city sets are showing up in kmart as well. so you have 3 places: tru, target and kmart to get them. nothing in dj or myer.

v19 torrent is put on clearance in kmart - $80. so is the magnaguard set -$65 (?). i can't quite remember. the v19 is well stocked. should drop to $50 or less if everyone put off on buying these for long enough. :tongue::thumbup:

meanwhile, the 09 sw and city sets are showing up in kmart as well. so you have 3 places: tru, target and kmart to get them. nothing in dj or myer.

Went to Pacific Fair yesterday, Target had the new construction and SW sets [Not AAT or Clone BP] and Myer had new construction sets.

Went to Pacific Fair yesterday, Target had the new construction and SW sets [Not AAT or Clone BP] and Myer had new construction sets.

Target did though, but within two hours of going to Target leaving for 2 hours then comming back they were all gone! :cry_sad:

How often do you guys buy from stores, I tend to use ebay now, i swear Kmart ect hide up all the big sets and only have small cheap sets when the sales are on.

Edited by DarthSion

How often do you guys buy from stores, I tend to use ebay now, i swear Kmart ect hide up all the big sets and only have small cheap sets when the sales are on.

Unless I need the set right away or if its a TRU exclusive, I usually wait till Target of Kmart have a 15-20% off sale. Occasionally I buy of S@H and eBay too, but prefer to hunt out bargains in all the different retailers. I like to stretch my dollar as far as possible to maximise my Lego expenditure.

I contacted Lego to find out about Pirates and 10193.

I normally get passed onto an Aussie rep, however this time I got the generic response of Pirates should be available in your shops at this time, and 10193 is a S@H exclusive so may only be purchased through them. There is a chance DJs will get it in later in the year if its like the green grocer, but I think I will just order it when Endor and Echo Base come out on S@H, time to save I guess.

No sign of any sales in my area at the moment, however once all the back to school sales finish they usually start to pop up.

No sign of any sales in my area at the moment, however once all the back to school sales finish they usually start to pop up.

not a whole lot of new sets to buy anyway. 6 sw sets and some city sets. not really interested in the city sets, so just sw for me. :tongue::P hoping that tru, myer or dj will restock indy jones. :thumbup:

Yeah thats what i do wait till the percentage off and lay-by, but its only good if you are after new sets.

kmart is having a 15% off all lego from tomorrow for a week.

not for me though. i prefer to wait for 25% or 30% off. :tongue:

kmart is having a 15% off all lego from tomorrow for a week.

How did you find this out? I went on the website and didnt see any catalogue with Lego discounts.

Check out the BigW prices, cheaper than anywhere else.

BigW

See if you can spot the mistake!!! (look at the star wars sets)

You must be very patient. How often do we get that kind of discount? :wink:

Thanks for the BigW link, Monki.

Let me think, about once a year around Christmas at Myer and or DJs. That's too long a wait for me!

That would be a good price for the AAT (from BigW website) - wonder if you can order it at that price, though they have it described as the bomber, so I doubt it.

As for the discount I recall last year K-Mart having the 15% off for a while, and then they lifted it to 20%, perhaps at the July toy sale, and they had it endlessly at Christmas time. I think I'll try and grab some of the kits at that price, and might leave the purchasing of the BP's till the 20% off time (well at least the multiple buying). Though I was at the shops yesterday and noticed that any retailer who had the new kits was pretty low on the Clone BP's, I wonder if this will be the biggest selling LEGO item.

And I was wondering about any earlier post wit K-Mart clearing out the V-19 and Magna guards, is this still happeneing, the store I went to yesterday had heaps of them but at normal price.

And I was wondering about any earlier post wit K-Mart clearing out the V-19 and Magna guards, is this still happeneing, the store I went to yesterday had heaps of them but at normal price.

Clearance items at K-Mart vary individually store to store. I've been to K-Marts only a few suburbs apart where the clearance stock is totally different.

Battlepacks always seem to sell out fast; this year, it looks like the Clones are the clear winner :wink:

Also at Target's mid year sale, also Big W

How did you find this out? I went on the website and didnt see any catalogue with Lego discounts.

i have my ways... :wink: you'll find out tomorrow on the website or in store.

not really. i think given the condition of the economy, either stores give out larger discounts or they sell fewer items. would they rather achieve better sales figure but lower profit or lower sales and lower profit? only if all the stores are in colloboration would we not have any good sales. so me think more sales are a-coming. :tongue:

btw, the bigw "price mistake" is more of a "picture mistake" so no real bargain there unfortunately. :hmpf_bad:

Check out the BigW prices, cheaper than anywhere else.

BigW

See if you can spot the mistake!!! (look at the star wars sets)

Well there may be hope that the staff at each BigW list them incorrectly, though I doubt that. I would def buy an AAT for under $40

Clearance items at K-Mart vary individually store to store. I've been to K-Marts only a few suburbs apart where the clearance stock is totally different.

Battlepacks always seem to sell out fast; this year, it looks like the Clones are the clear winner :wink:

Same for Stormies vs Rebels this time last year. Took a long time to restock Stormies.

Since the second Impulse wave has only just shown up, I assume no one has seen the BBQ stand yet?

Where do you guys go to find older sets, i would really like to get my hands on the star wars clone turbo tank, but it never seems to be on ebay.

Where do you guys go to find older sets, i would really like to get my hands on the star wars clone turbo tank, but it never seems to be on ebay.

Well they do pop up now and then, as I was after one for a long time, but the price was always too much. There is every chance they may make one for the Clone wars sets I guess.

eBay US will have them more often and with more around you may pick it up a little cheaper. This will probably be cheaper than BL, esp the way the dollar is at the moment.

Here is one Aussie one

This one may work out cheaper.

ISC

I saw a MISB Clone Turbo Tank in a small New Delhi toy store in Nov 2007. It may still be there!

The only downside is that you'd have to fly to New Delhi to pick it up :tongue:

Yeah i had thought of that, problem is the Au US dollar is rubbish, and then its slow shipping times.

There is one now on ebay but its 300 but i dont have the money, its in ACT.

Edited by DarthSion

Yeah i had thought of that, problem is the Au US dollar is rubbish, and then its slow shipping times.

There is one now on ebay but its 300 but i dont have the money, its in ACT.

I notice there is one on Bricklink without minifigs for $75US - the postage should be cheaper also cause there is no box. Maybe this is the best way to go if you want this kit. I did that when this kit came out, I remember buying a few of them and they were shipped nice and tight in a small box so the postage was reasonable. I also remember buying one MISB from Bricklink and then that seller got busted de-frauding Target by printing his own barcodes. I was lucky to get my kits only a few weeks before he was shut down. It is a nice kit, and if you can live without the light up Mace that's probably the way to go. I know they had a couple of unique clones, especially the Kashyyyk trooper, but if money's tight that would be the way to go.

Shipping via USPS is generally pretty fast, as well, if you buy from the States. Most stuff I've ordered arrives in about a week.

Thanks but i would prefer MISB.

Really, didn't know it was that quick, i have seen allot of sets i would love to get, most have been on amazon and they never ship to us, all lego big sets all have a warning it only ships in the states.

I will probably eventually end up buying from bricklink, its just a pity the lay out is so rubbish.