Sign in to follow this  
tin7_creations

Disney Minifigs 2

i think it's possbile, i've read some tutorials online, but they aren't very clear, so i'm scared that even if i follow the instructions clearly, i might end up screwing up and ruining the original sculpey piece. it takes about 2 hours to make one... so if it gets ruined in the mold making process, that's 2 hours wasted.

i want to make molds... cuz i made a mickey mouse head, and i seriously don't want to repeat the same thing to make minnie mouse, so i want to make a mold of that, then add a bow. same for donald/daisy, chip/dale... but i need some very straightforward tutorials. i think people make molds out of silicone though.

I remember something on FBTB where they put a clone trooper helmet in a Lego-brick built box, then filled it with white glue to make the mold.

I remember something on FBTB where they put a clone trooper helmet in a Lego-brick built box, then filled it with white glue to make the mold.

that's the one i read, i have a pretty good idea of what needs to be done, just want to be at least 90% sure before i do anything that could ruin the originals. trust me, once i find out how to make molds, i'll make all my pieces into molds and sell as many on bricklink as possible before disney finds out and decides to take me to court.

With some of the characters like Toad and friends, I don't think you need to worry. Disney seems to be intent on us forgetting them alltogether. Note how a flagship Fantasyland ride closed for some cheap little side show that is Pooh.

With some of the characters like Toad and friends, I don't think you need to worry. Disney seems to be intent on us forgetting them alltogether. Note how a flagship Fantasyland ride closed for some cheap little side show that is Pooh.

The one @ DL is still around though, been there since 1955, when DL opened. Also, I doubt Disney will care, any chance to make money, they'll jump on it. Just look @ what they do to those Disney Channel shows, you can't turn the corner in a toy store without seeing those merchandise.

Edited by tin7

The one @ DL is still around though, been there since 1955, when DL opened. Also, I doubt Disney will care, any chance to make money, they'll jump on it. Just look @ what they do to those Disney Channel shows, you can't turn the corner in a toy store without seeing those merchandise.

Yes, DL's is still there... But, I must say, there are plenty of widely distributed models of the Nautilus that are replicas of the Disney version sold by large European firms and Disney has made no action. And I know for a fact they were unliscenced.

Yes, DL's is still there... But, I must say, there are plenty of widely distributed models of the Nautilus that are replicas of the Disney version sold by large European firms and Disney has made no action. And I know for a fact they were unliscenced.

really? well, hopefully. i mean, i doubt anyone from disney will continuously surf lego sites.

Yeah. Well, It's allmost 2 in the morning and I've been up past 3 everynight this past week or so, so good night.

I like Tigger. I don't think that you chose the right head for Tarzan though and isn't Ariel supposed to be a little more human? Your Ariel looks a lot like the Sea Witch or whatever her name is. i think this calls for some fleshie model paint!