The sun descended on my back and was lost under the pine trees. In its place, a black veil covered the world, and the faint light of a rusty lantern was the only thing guiding my steps. But the dim light I held close, faded, and faded until it was no more than a shy firefly in a winter night.  Black walls closed in. The thick winds of the northern evening tightened on my neck, and a single step forward felt wrong, adrift. But there, up in the distance, amidst the dark mantle that wrapped the forest, a bright silvery gloom shone between the trunks.  I followed the ivory light, until I reached its source. It gloomed as bright as the sun, poking out of the ground, twisted, and crooked. A bare skeleton of a long-gone beast.  The thick roots sticking out from the ground felt rigid and warm to the touch. And as if washed by a blessing, darkness gave way to a path of pale trees made of bones. Suddenly and clearly, I saw the path I was destined to pursue.  Louis of Nutwood
________ Really hope you liked it! I was looking for different techniques for trees, and came up with this bone-claw-toothy structure.
A perfect addition to the Mitgardian lore.
This is a 12x12 entry for the Brickscalibur contest as well.  Skol!