Recommended Posts

The sun descended on my back and was lost under the pine trees. In its place, a black veil covered the world, and the faint light of a rusty lantern was the only thing guiding my steps. But the dim light I held close, faded, and faded until it was no more than a shy firefly in a winter night. 

The Pale Tree

Black walls closed in. The thick winds of the northern evening tightened on my neck, and a single step forward felt wrong, adrift. But there, up in the distance, amidst the dark mantle that wrapped the forest, a bright silvery gloom shone between the trunks. 

I followed the ivory light, until I reached its source. It gloomed as bright as the sun, poking out of the ground, twisted, and crooked. A bare skeleton of a long-gone beast. 

The Pale Tree

The thick roots sticking out from the ground felt rigid and warm to the touch. And as if washed by a blessing, darkness gave way to a path of pale trees made of bones.

Suddenly and clearly, I saw the path I was destined to pursue. 

Louis of Nutwood
________

Really hope you liked it!

I was looking for different techniques for trees, and came up with this bone-claw-toothy structure.
A perfect addition to the Mitgardian lore.
This is a 12x12 entry for the Brickscalibur contest as well. 

Skol!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is such a cool shape! I love how the tail elements create a gnarled form, and great use of the giant tooth elements to make the roots. The only thing I’d change would be to make the top spread out a bit more, but I think that’s just personal preference. 
I’m eagerly awaiting the next chapter of your story.
Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a neat tree, the trunk curve is especially well done!   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, The Stad said:

That is such a cool shape! I love how the tail elements create a gnarled form, and great use of the giant tooth elements to make the roots. The only thing I’d change would be to make the top spread out a bit more, but I think that’s just personal preference. 
I’m eagerly awaiting the next chapter of your story.
Good luck!

Really happy you liked it, Stad! I've been thinking of using the tooth and tail pieces for quite some time. Now I'm happy to put them to use. Though, It's impressive how "so many pieces" vanish even in a small build. I wanted the top to spread a bit more, but this is already sooo fragile, I didn't want to touch it anymore. Haha.
Happy you enjoyed it, bud. Skol!

1 minute ago, Kai NRG said:

What a neat tree, the trunk curve is especially well done!   

Can't say enough how much I appreciate your evaluation, sir Kai. Really happy you liked the twisting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice dead tree (I am assuming it is dead). Very ominous and well designed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2022 at 4:57 PM, Blufiji said:

Nice dead tree (I am assuming it is dead). Very ominous and well designed 

Very pleased that you liked it, sir Blufiji! Your support is much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The shaping of the tree trunk is very interesting, I love the inclusion of the roots at the base of the trunk. I would have to agree with the Stad about the top of the tree but I understand if it wasn't possible because of how fragile this technique can be (I have had similar issues in the past)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2022 at 2:32 PM, The Last of Nergoue said:

The shaping of the tree trunk is very interesting, I love the inclusion of the roots at the base of the trunk. I would have to agree with the Stad about the top of the tree but I understand if it wasn't possible because of how fragile this technique can be (I have had similar issues in the past)

Really happy you liked it, sir Last of Nergoue. True fact that to expand the top would probably put the whole thing in jeopardy, as this is indeed a fragile technique. Still I'm happy with the result and thrilled you enjoyed it.
Skol!
 

On 1/25/2022 at 11:06 PM, Eyrezer said:

Cool MOC. Reminds me of that white tree in Game of Thrones.

The Songs of Ice and Fire and GOT are certainly a great inspiration, sire Eyrezer! As it must be for a few folks around the Guilds. 
Maybe something to put Avalonians, Mitgardians, Kaliphlians and Varlyrians into a healthy conversation. 
Happy you liked it, lad. 
Skol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Louis,

I just want to tell you how much I love your writing style. It is poetic and mystical at the same time and fits perfectly into this world. Slightly dark, mature... I can often imagine a scene like in a fantasy film.

Apart from that, i also really like the construction of the scenes. Snow in particular is always wonderfully suitable, whether on roofs, on buildings or on paths. Great!

I look forward to every new adventure...

Edited by Red Rackham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Red Rackham said:

Hey Louis,

I just want to tell you how much I love your writing style. It is poetic and mystical at the same time and fits perfectly into this world. Slightly dark, mature... I can often imagine a scene like in a fantasy film.

Apart from that, i also really like the construction of the scenes. Snow in particular is always wonderfully suitable, whether on roofs, on buildings or on paths. Great!

I look forward to every new adventure...

Hey, Red Rackham! 
I can't tell you how much it means to me that you enjoy both my writing style and the building. 
I've been trying to improve these crafts with every moc, and to have our appraisal is a wash of confidence we often need.
Thanks for reaching out, Red. It warms my cold Mitgardian heart to know you feel inspired. That's precisely my utmost goal. 
You're awesome!
Skol, fellow builder!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.