LegoDog0126

Lego 2016 Color Palette for Adobe Illustrator

Hey guys,

I've been getting into minifig customization lately, so far just decals, but I'm hoping to get into printing soon as well. As I was starting I found it annoying that no one had put together a definitive record of LEGO colors that can be used easily in vector drawing programs. The ones I came across often disagreed on the proper CMYK values for colors, and no one had put together an easy way to use them, other than just copying and pasting values. That's why I created this for myself to use, but I figure it would probably be useful to others of you as well. It's just an adobe illustrator swatch file with all the standard opaque colors from the color palette LEGO published in 2016. To get the colors I just imported the palette image into photoshop and sampled them. If you end up using this for decals, remember that this gives your computer the exact colors LEGO uses, but depending on what printer ink and decal paper you're using, they won't print exactly the same as they look on LEGOs, so you will still likely need to do color calibration tests before printing. 

I use adobe illustrator which is why I made this for that program, but it should be usable in Inkscape as well I think. Last time I used inkscape I believe importing illustrator files was possible, but I haven't used it in a while, so you may need to do some research on how you should import it. 

Here's the file, which you can download from my google drive: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xaCSGybS9rE2JvWwpDCBAWVSnz1ARCQ0/view?usp=sharing

(Eurobricks limits uploads to image files, so I had to host it externally)

Edited by LegoDog0126
Updated File link, previous download was outdated