Sign in to follow this  
AusMinifig

Modular Wishlist

Hello Everyone,

I know we are a while off hearing about the next Modular for next year, but I would love to hear everyone's wishlists for future modulars. I'm keen to see what the common wishes are.

I have forever wanted Lego to do a Museum modular, I unfortunately don't have time to create my own MOC of one, so a set would be great to see one day. I thought they could have different parts packs similar to the minifigures ones with a different themes to fill in your museum exhibitions - eg Egyptian, Roman, natural history, arts, Lego History. I know it will never happen but one can dream :grin: 

What does everyone else want to see as future sets?

If you can Ignore the German Gibberish you might  like this Museum a German Youtuber has recently built.
Video Here

I for one think that now with the Police Station Lego will finally touch on more Town Infrastructure like bringing us a School or Hospital. maybe even a big College with small Sports Yard.
Myself, I would actually like a nice Apartment Complex in Modular Style, with Balconies and a lot of Flowers.

I would really like to see a hospital in the same size as AS with a vintage ambulance (such as a Cadillac ambulance)

Maybe an art school, which looks like a renovated old industrial building.

Some ideas:

• Hospital- $230  Classic brick style, three stories with rooftop, 32x32 baseplate. 8 minifigs: receptionist, doctor, 2 nurses, 2 patients, visitor, ambulance driver, plus baby. Includes classic Cadillac ambulance, as @Stuartn said. First story: ambulance bay, reception area, start of elevator. Second story: two rooms with beds, bathroom, random closet, more elevator. Third story: baby ward, operating room, random closet, more elevator. Roof: benches, lots of flowers, last of the elevator.
  • Hotel- $210  Similar look to the hotel in 60200, three stories with rooftop, 32x32 baseplate. 6 minifigs: bellhop, chef, 2 average patrons, very rich patron, limo driver, plus baby. Includes classic Bentley limo. First story: revolving doors, reception area, upscale French restaurant, start of elevator. Second story: 2 average sized rooms, more elevator. Third story: penthouse suite with exclusive rooftop access, more elevator, stairs up to roof. Rooftop: pool, hot tub, lounge chairs.

I'd love to see more Asian architecture, to go with the Spring Lantern Festival. Chinese Restaurant? Ramen Noodle Bar? Sushi Bar?. 

1 hour ago, Undi3sss said:

I'd love to see more Asian architecture, to go with the Spring Lantern Festival. Chinese Restaurant? Ramen Noodle Bar? Sushi Bar?. 

Considering that 80107 was a modular itself, I reckon that they may well continue in that style, one set per year at a smaller scale than the modulars, but using the modular standard.  Sort of like Market Street, being cheaper and aimed at getting people into modulars, rather than being a main one itself (though it is definitely counted - see the video where Jamie Berard introduces the Assembly Square, with all previous modulars included, and Market Street is one of them).

I know this discussion has been had many times before and been ended many times and I hate to spark it again BUT.......I'd love a train station.

Also, on a side note, this has really got a thread already, that just hasn't been active this year much, and despite its name, it is the place where most wish lists get posted:

It's one of the oldest, most commented on threads in all the forums that's still in some use.  Generally gets going roundabout June discussing the next modular, even though it's 6 months from there to its release.

On 4/30/2021 at 10:03 PM, temes said:

Maybe an art school, which looks like a renovated old industrial building.

I've been watching this show Great Pottery Throwdown which is set in this beautiful old industrial ceramics factory. 

The bottle shaped kilns would be a good challenge, could have different classes across the levels, include a vintage truck..

Sounds cool.

Hospital, school, post office, museum, library, hotel and an apartment building would be great to see.