Hello everyone. I just want to share a MOC i've made recently, it is a c-model of the set 42095 "Remote-Controlled Stunt Racer", so it was designed using only available parts on that set.

It is quite a departure from the original, no one would think it was possible to build such a racer with this set. It uses a single l-motor to power one of the rear wheels and the other l-motor is dedicated to steering, which returns to center automatically by using a rubber band. I released free instructions for the steering system i developed for this MOC, check them here.
The only limitation are the "tracked wheels", since there is no rubber, they don't have traction on smooth surfaces, this vehicle can only run on rough terrain like dirt, sand and snow, so it is basically an off-road racer.

I tried to add as many details as possible given the available parts. The battery pack button is easily accessible, the IR receiver is on top to get the cleanest signal possible and the cabin is used for cable management, giving it a cleaner look.

IMG-20210217-143350-MOD-800px.jpg

Building instructions are available at rebrickable, i also have a mechanical steering version here if you prefer. It is somewhat big, but lightweight and sturdy, so the l-motors can do their job easily and it runs quite fast. A quick video showcasing it is available here.

IMG-20210217-143508-MOD-800px.jpg

For anyone who decide to build it, the most obvious modifications you can do is to replace the "tracked wheels" by normal off-road tires; or to apply rubber studs.

Everyone feel free to share your opinions.

Desert Racer.jpg

Edited by davejsp

Yeah, that was the point, to make something completely unexpected. It also runs pretty well, check out the video.

11 hours ago, davejsp said:

no one would think it was possible to build such a racer with this set.

Even I commented in rebrickable already, I made car from this model in 2 years ago.

Looks great! The techniques used for the wheels are interesting.

Interesting concept, somehow this wheel solution is better for some Mars research vehicle IMHO

3 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Interesting concept, somehow this wheel solution is better for some Mars research vehicle IMHO

I actually thought of doing a rover as a c-model too, but don't think there are enough parts to do a good enough design.