LBaixinho

[MOC] Mars Rover

Recommended Posts

That is a really nice build! I love how you used that cockpit piece :blush:

Vehicles like this is what I wish Lego would produce in their sets instead of the oversized rovers we have been getting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, azog said:

That is a really nice build! I love how you used that cockpit piece :blush:

Vehicles like this is what I wish Lego would produce in their sets instead of the oversized rovers we have been getting.

Thank you.

The cockpit and an image from a boardgame (here) was the main starting points of this MOC. Normally I build small things, maybe because i loved to play LEGO in the 80s :D

23 minutes ago, Farseer Petriel said:

I like this rover! It combines some old Life on Mars feel with modern details.

And thumbs up for the Vitruvian Minifigure!

Life on Mars was one of my first loved themes after my dark ages. I'm trying build some vehicles and structures with the Vitruvian logo.

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I belive there is a duplo tyre with the same tread pattern that fits over any round 4x4 brick/rim.

but anyhow, nice model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SNIPE said:

I belive there is a duplo tyre with the same tread pattern that fits over any round 4x4 brick/rim.

but anyhow, nice model.

Thank you.
Can you give me the bricklink ref? I'm curious with this tyre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is definitely a better use of the cockpit piece from the most recent space shuttle set, and there are so many fine details for a surprisingly small build. Are you planning on doing more mars-based builds?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SNIPE said:

Never saw one of that. Seems very interesting, thank you.

 

1 hour ago, RosehipDeity said:

This is definitely a better use of the cockpit piece from the most recent space shuttle set, and there are so many fine details for a surprisingly small build. Are you planning on doing more mars-based builds?

Thank you. The cockpit part appears in this set: 60225: Rover Testing Drive

I definitely want to do more MOCs on this theme (I even have several Vitruvian tiles), however at this moment I don't have anything planned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the meantime I made a short video (in portuguese) explaining the features of MOC: 

11 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Not too complex but of great visual impact! :wub:

Lovely MOC! :thumbup:

Thank you,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2020 at 6:19 PM, LBaixinho said:

Life on Mars was one of my first loved themes after my dark ages. I'm trying build some vehicles and structures with the Vitruvian logo.

Oh, nice to see another LoM fan here! I liked this theme when I was a child, but obtained some sets only as an AFOL. I collected all the Martians but sadly I don't have human sets except for a small rover.

Do you plan to build something Martian? Their style is a bit weird but charming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Build something Martian?
Humm, I had never thought about it. But it is still an interesting suggestion.
Mainly because it could go in unconventional ways, something like the Bradbury's Martian Chronicles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2020 at 6:50 PM, ExplorienVagabond said:

That's fantastic. This line/theme is what got me back into Lego.

 

35 minutes ago, sander1992 said:

That is awesome!

great use of the canopy! :thumbup:

Thank you both :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.