Micmac

Harry Potter custom builds and moc's

Welcome to Harry potter custom builds and moc's. I'm loving the new Harry Potter range of sets but there is always room for improvement. Interested to see how people have altered, added to the existing sets or just gone crazy and built something themselves. Looking forward to seeing your magical creations. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/137652851@N07/albums/72157673982144566/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127927778@N04/albums/72157682390341376/

Here are two galleries I really like, neither are from me though.

The first really reminds me of the old line, probably cause of all the yellow figs. The second has lots of lights and the user has various versions of Hogwarts in different galleries. 

I'm working on a Hogwarts about two times the size of 70143, as I don't have the space or bricks to build it in real life. I'll get some images up when I get a new laptop. 

Here is a screenshot I took last year. 

Edited by Seaber

LEGO Harry Potter Goblet of Fire first task moc. I’ve added more detail to the dragon with extra horns and made his legs skinnier #legoharrypotter #legomoc #legomocs

I had a play around with the recently released first task dragon. More spikes added and I gave him skinnier legs. 

I like the idea of a thread where we share our improvements to the existing sets, rather than original MOC’s :)

I have made a few of these already and share them in the main discussion thread now and then, so I’ll compile them here soon 

Lego Harry Potter: Bone Candles

My latest accessory build is a take on the skeletal bone candles seen in the PoA movie a lot. The white flowers make great vertebrae! 

4 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Lego Harry Potter: Bone Candles

My latest accessory build is a take on the skeletal bone candles seen in the PoA movie a lot. The white flowers make great vertebrae! 

Oh yes, I like them! 

Baby Thestrals

Love the candles. Must get some of those white flower parts. Made some baby Thestrals tonight for my forbidden forest scene

This is a modification I made to the Great Hall Set: the Headmaster’s tower. 

This build swaps for two of the large slope bricks, and is ridged, only downside is smallest tower is a bit fragile 

LEGO Harry Potter: Headmasters TowerLEGO Harry Potter: Headmasters Tower

Building instructions:

LEGO Harry Potter: Headmasters Tower

Edited by Bugbot20082

Hogwarts feast

Feasting in my Great Hall moc. I've added the presents from the advent calendar this year with some delivering owls attached. Hoping for a possible owl with spread wings in this years sets. Or a gold owl would be great.

On 2/19/2020 at 1:17 PM, Micmac said:

*snap*

Love the candles. Must get some of those white flower parts. Made some baby Thestrals tonight for my forbidden forest scene

They are adorable :wub:

Edited by Huigberts Builds

On 2/19/2020 at 1:17 PM, Micmac said:

*picture*

Ugh those babies are cuter than baby voldy!

I made a winter scene from parts of the Great Hall, The astronomy tower and the advent calender. Really glad with how it turned out (:

Winter village vid

The Ghosts of Hogwarts.

The Ghosts of Hogwarts: Moaning Myrtle; Nearly Headless Nick; Peeves; The Fat Friar; Helena Ravenclaw; The Bloody Baron and Professor Binns.

A quick collection of my small builds to enhance the new sets:

A scarecrow for Hagrid’s hut:

Lego Harry Potter: Pumpkin Scarecrow

An improved Goblet of Fire build for the Clock Tower

LEGO Harry Potter: The Goblet of Fire

Dumbledore’s Memory Cabinet and the Pensieve:

LEGO Harry Potter: Dumbledore’s Memory CabinetLEGO Harry Potter: The Pensive

Finally the statue of the griffin which guards his office:

Lego Harry Potter: Headmaster’s Office Stairwell Gargoyle

Awesome builds everyone. I squeed with joy when seeing these cute as heck baby Thestrals:wub: Those big goofy eyes :D

I guess this is a good spot to show off my modded  Hungarian Horntail again.

48717932943_2a10618ac4_c.jpgIMG_20190909_181511

Keep up the magical work everyone.

13 hours ago, badchriss said:

Awesome builds everyone. I squeed with joy when seeing these cute as heck baby Thestrals:wub: Those big goofy eyes :D

Love your dragon mod, I like the way you did his legs and the elongated neck looks cool.

20 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Dumbledore’s Memory Cabinet 

This is cool. Made a similar one after seeing yours. Your others builds are nice too, good use of parts.

Edited by Micmac

This is my update of the 2004 Hogwarts 4757 set, focusing on the Clocktower section. 

4757-1.png

I made this just after the 2011 wave, and its been sitting in my cupboard ever since, so it still has the sand green turrets of the time. 

DSC_0004

I filled in the gaps in the walls, added the Clocktower Courtyard and made the whole thing tan rather than mixed with light grey. One of the Courtyard turrets has fallen off, otherwise it's as I left it. 

DSC_0005

I tried to add foliage but was low on pieces back then, so only got the tree in the background. I wish I'd tiled the floor and covered the roof of the cloisters with tiles to get rid of all the studs too. 

latest?cb=20100211191425

The back has the wooden staircases of the original, but they're now fixed in place and the classrooms have been romoved. 

DSC_0006

The middle floor was intended to be the level where you can see the clock workings, the upper level would have lead to the Hospital Wing corridor and Hospital Wing. 

I'll be breaking this up soon and will be using the pieces to make a different part of Hogwarts. I never finished it, as you can see there are some substituted colours in there, and I'd now rather have a larger Clocktower and Courtyard as it's my favourite part of the castle. 

On 2/26/2020 at 7:45 PM, badchriss said:

Nice mod! I’m planning to modify my dragon also, as I’m also unhappy with how ‘bird-like’ it is, and the underwhelming head spikes.

i’m very interested to see anyone else’s improved horntails too :D

Another build I added to enhance the castle: animal perches for the transforiguration classroom:

Lego Harry Potter: Animal Perches (Transfiguration lesson)

Edited by Bugbot20082

Hogwarts reminds me of Wayne Manor, but in terms of build, the batcave, as there are so many custom  designs out there. 

Last year I designed a Hogwarts MOC done in the Architecture Skyline-series:

48289724671_21df513a1b_b.jpg

This micro design features the Hogwarts Express, the Forbidden Forest (with Aragog), Hagrid's Hut, a section of Hogwarts Castle, the Whomping Willow, and the Quidditch Field.

8 hours ago, thenightman89 said:

Last year I designed a Hogwarts MOC done in the Architecture Skyline-series

Some lovely detail in this miniature build.

IMG_6841

To all you Beauxbaton carriage owners, yes it does have a driver. I've added one to mine. 

On 3/9/2020 at 9:44 AM, Micmac said:

Dolores Umbridge’s office upgrades with the new Dots pieces

I added the new Dots printed tiles to my Umbridge office.

Always enjoy your updates! We're all of those in one dots set? 

It looks great, I may have to try something similar at some point :) 

8 hours ago, Seaber said:

Always enjoy your updates! We're all of those in one dots set? 

It looks great, I may have to try something similar at some point :) 

Cheers thank you. Yeah one of the bracelet sets (the pink one I think)  has the cats, rabbits and the paws.