Kaero

List of models of rockets, spacecrafts and probes

Recommended Posts

I tried to create a list of MOCs that are based on real rockets, spacecrafts or probes (or at least designs of planned real rockets, spacecrafts or probes) with instructions, either free or for money. The list was growing and growing and now it is far greater than I expected:

https://kaerodot.gitlab.io/lego-rocket-mocs/

Due to the nature of the universe, this list will never be complete and perfect, so please contact me with ideas for improvements and additions. If you are offended and you do not want your work to be included in the list, please contact me also.

Tables can be sorted by clicking on the heading.

Some statistics: there are instructions for:

  • 97 different rocket and spacesihp MOCs, of this: 5 different MOCs of Spacex falcon 9; 3 Spacex falcon heavy; 6 saturn 1B; 3 Soyuz rockets; 3 V2; 
  • additional 52 different MOCs of spaceprobes;
  • additional 26 launchpads, launch complexes, drone ships etc.

If you want to build  e.g. mercury rocket, you can just select by the pictures.

Edited by Kaero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, thanks for including my models and taking the time to compile this whole list! (I'm MuscoviteSandwich BTW, I still need to get my level up to ask for a name change since I made this EB account years ago but forgot about it) Just a couple of suggestions for improvements concerning my mocs:

  • The notes and photo for my midi Saturn V are wrong. I think the notes are miscopied from another entry since I've released only one version. The photo looks like it's just the reference drawing that I always include on my instruction covers. You are totally welcome to take photos from my Flickr as well and  I would recommend one of the pictures like this one that shows the midi one next to the official one. Also, after looking at all the other mini  Sat V models, I decided to rename it the "Midi Saturn V"  (as opposed to "mini") to better reflect its slightly larger size.\
  • The "Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity/Spirit" and "Opportunity Rover" are the same model. I posted the "Opportunity model" with some hastily made instructions on Reddit first (smazmats is my Reddit username) and Improved everything at a later date. I would recommend removing "Opportunity Rover" since its just an early draft of the improved one and to avoid confusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks a lot for making this list.  There are all sorts of great things to build here if I can ever find the time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for this! As for 10213 and 10231, they are both modeled on the NASA space shuttle orbiter, but they aren't branded NASA and don't correspond to any of the six actual orbiter names. Nor do they seem to suggest any particular STS mission.

The difference of 27 parts, I hear, was to make the model more sturdy, I think with some technic connections. I would say they definitely count.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Black-Brick said:

Hey, thanks for including my models and taking the time to compile this whole list! (I'm MuscoviteSandwich BTW, I still need to get my level up to ask for a name change since I made this EB account years ago but forgot about it) Just a couple of suggestions for improvements concerning my mocs:

  • The notes and photo for my midi Saturn V are wrong. I think the notes are miscopied from another entry since I've released only one version. The photo looks like it's just the reference drawing that I always include on my instruction covers. You are totally welcome to take photos from my Flickr as well and  I would recommend one of the pictures like this one that shows the midi one next to the official one. Also, after looking at all the other mini  Sat V models, I decided to rename it the "Midi Saturn V"  (as opposed to "mini") to better reflect its slightly larger size.\
  • The "Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity/Spirit" and "Opportunity Rover" are the same model. I posted the "Opportunity model" with some hastily made instructions on Reddit first (smazmats is my Reddit username) and Improved everything at a later date. I would recommend removing "Opportunity Rover" since its just an early draft of the improved one and to avoid confusion.

Hey, thanks a lot for info! I will fix during next evenings. I will rename saturn, take a better photo, and fix the rovers. I wondered that these two rovers are too similar, but different nick - different row of table. However the main question remain - which nick to use? Muscovitesandwich & smazmat should be renamed to Black-Brick? Is it correct?

And thanks for the Delta II with tower, I would like to build it.

1 hour ago, Raystafarian said:

Thanks for this! As for 10213 and 10231, they are both modeled on the NASA space shuttle orbiter, but they aren't branded NASA and don't correspond to any of the six actual orbiter names. Nor do they seem to suggest any particular STS mission.

The difference of 27 parts, I hear, was to make the model more sturdy, I think with some technic connections. I would say they definitely count.

Thanks, I think I will add them to the table, just for reference. At least a lot of pieces were used in shuttle MOCs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kaero said:

Hey, thanks a lot for info! I will fix during next evenings. I will rename saturn, take a better photo, and fix the rovers. I wondered that these two rovers are too similar, but different nick - different row of table. However the main question remain - which nick to use? Muscovitesandwich & smazmat should be renamed to Black-Brick? Is it correct?

And thanks for the Delta II with tower, I would like to build it.

Thanks, I think I will add them to the table, just for reference. At least a lot of pieces were used in shuttle MOCs.

Just use "MuscoviteSandwich" so it's consistent with my Flickr and Rebrickable. Once I hit Vassal I'm changing Black-Brick to MuscoviteSandwich as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Page with list was updated. I know I miss some other Launch Umbilical Tower designs, but these eludes me somehow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2019 at 11:33 AM, MoppeW40k said:

Hi, is the list offline? Link is not working for me.

Cheers

It is working now. I have no idea what happened, maybe some error on the hosting server.

I have added many projects from Bricklink. Still many projects on Bricklink are missing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

List was substantially enlarged (Bricklink almost finished) and improved thanks to the informations of MoppeW40k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actual status:

about 148 rockets, 78 payloads, 34 launchpads/other.

The last missing large LEGO web is MOCpages, however it seems people do not put instructions there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many updates, and things from Bricks In Space Vol. II. Take a look at the books, these are wonderfull!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many thanks for all the time you’ve put in arranging this list. I was aware of perhaps two thirds of the list but, my god, it took me many hours to find them. This is a wonderful resource. 
The hopes I’d had that the 1:110 scale would proliferate as a standard for rockets after the Ideas Saturn V was announced have come true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2019 at 10:52 AM, bigginsd said:

The hopes I’d had that the 1:110 scale would proliferate as a standard for rockets after the Ideas Saturn V was announced have come true. 

Certainly many builders selected the 1:110 scale. But I have heard from few that usually it is better to make an arbitrary scale to better fit actual size of various lego cylinders.

If you will find something that I missed, just let me know, I will add it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the link! Another N1, and I still have to add a 1:110 one from Wolfram Broszies. Not much time for this in last 2 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.