Recommended Posts

Looks great.
Great details and stuff, like the printer with the 'door' as paper, nice!
and also the 'base' of the chair. :classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brilliant. But quite tidy compared to reality!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JopieK said:

Great job! Instantly recognizable!

Thanks! :classic:

12 hours ago, neonic said:

Looks great.
Great details and stuff, like the printer with the 'door' as paper, nice!
and also the 'base' of the chair. :classic:

Thank you! :classic:

12 hours ago, MAB said:

Brilliant. But quite tidy compared to reality!

 

Thanks! Yeah but from the photos I saw it was quite tidy back then? But I can´t tell since I have not worked there. :classic:

10 hours ago, bamsham363 said:

brilliant, reminds me of my office, only less people

Thanks! :classic: You have an office that old?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/20/2019 at 11:33 PM, LegoJalex said:

Thanks! Yeah but from the photos I saw it was quite tidy back then? But I can´t tell since I have not worked there. :classic:

 

Photography was expensive and often photos were for corporate use. So those were the days that if you were going to have a photo taken, you cleared up first. I have some more candid photos of me and my brother taken in the 1970s, where we are standing inside the mainframe at my dad's work when it was down for maintenance. Those things were huge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What, no key punch machines???  Looks great, are the floor panels removable as they were back in the day?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brilliant. Lovely. True. Real. As in it was like that ...

Even the lighting is absolutely right. Been there, loved it. Still do. This is fanastic. You captured everything - the look (and feel) of the machines, the look (and feel) of the room - and the moment, when you sit in that chair, program is running after a million tries - and you think: This is all crazy - but it works. Turn off the lights (it is 2:30 am) and take the bike in front of the building and head home.

Cool. The good'ol days.

I don't miss them >that< much (but I do) - what I really miss is the moment sitting in that chair before leaving.

All the best,
Thorsten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2019 at 1:43 AM, Roadmonkeytj said:

Love the tape readers!

Thank you!

On 8/21/2019 at 11:33 PM, jonwil said:

Nice. It really does look like an old IBM Mainframe.

 

Thanks! There is a mix of machines and computers, and some are party made up, but based on photos I have found :classic:

23 hours ago, MAB said:

Photography was expensive and often photos were for corporate use. So those were the days that if you were going to have a photo taken, you cleared up first. I have some more candid photos of me and my brother taken in the 1970s, where we are standing inside the mainframe at my dad's work when it was down for maintenance. Those things were huge.

Ah yes that makes sense! The old photos look very clean and tidy.

15 hours ago, JGW3000 said:

What, no key punch machines???  Looks great, are the floor panels removable as they were back in the day?

 

 

Oh sorry, the setup is mostly from my mind to make it look aesthetically nice so I might have missed some important machines. :classic:

13 hours ago, Toastie said:

Brilliant. Lovely. True. Real. As in it was like that ...

Even the lighting is absolutely right. Been there, loved it. Still do. This is fanastic. You captured everything - the look (and feel) of the machines, the look (and feel) of the room - and the moment, when you sit in that chair, program is running after a million tries - and you think: This is all crazy - but it works. Turn off the lights (it is 2:30 am) and take the bike in front of the building and head home.

Cool. The good'ol days.

I don't miss them >that< much (but I do) - what I really miss is the moment sitting in that chair before leaving.

All the best,
Thorsten

Thank you very much! Nice to hear from someone who has worked there. Your description made me dream back to that time as well. :classic:

12 hours ago, kalgreen said:

Awesome - instant flashback! :classic:

Thank you! Did you work during that time?

9 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

That was before my time, but it still looks fantastic. :classic:

Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I Feel a Great Oldskool Vibe!

it's Just Right

Thanks for this!

Great Great Work!

Greetings!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole scene, down to the lighting, is so spot-on, I can practically hear the printer buzzing! Really great creation here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.