MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, LegoStarWarsFan777 said:

 Also strange that Lego is putting 6 mini figures in a $30 set. Can’t remember if they’ve done that before. :grin:

Ninjago 2020 Gamer's Market is a $30 set in US, and has 9 figures.

6 figures sounds possible then for Star Wars.

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

BARC Speeder is confirmed to come with 4 unknown clones and 2 droids by childish landino 

Cool! I hope we see Rex and at least one shiny!

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

Hopefully one of those clones is Rex! We haven't seen phase 2 Rex for 7 years!!! And he is an important part of last season of CW so it's a given he appears in summer wave.

I agree, I REALLY want a new rex, but I don't know if he's a given. The only "given" characters we KNOW are coming are the two we know from grievous's ship and anakin+r2 from the set titled anakin's interceptor.

1 hour ago, Skyhammer said:

Honestly so excited for this wave, but really hoping the Clone Troopers are the same quality / style as the 2014 battle packs.

Need some pictures!

I also just realized that hoping to squeeze three clone units (501st, 332nd and whichever unit is attached to Mace Windu nowadays) was way too wishful thinking.  This isn’t 2005.

Can someone explain to me why everyone want's mace's legion so much? He's rarely seen with it, is it just that it's a new color or something?

20 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I don't get that sentiment, to be honest... Since 2015, there have always been sets from all eras. The only waves purely dedicated to the ST were each film's initial one, and those were wave created specifically for them. Remember, there weren't three waves a year before 2015 :laugh: TCW dominated from 2008 to 2010 way more than the ST does now 

Yeah, the sequels got a bit larger of a percentage of sets because they were the films coming out at the time. Compare that to 2008/2010, where TCW was the only stuff coming out, and that dominated it way more than the sequels due today, as you say.

2 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Ninjago 2020 Gamer's Market is a $30 set in US, and has 9 figures.

6 figures sounds possible then for Star Wars.

the logistics here are that it's a figure pack that doesn't have to worry about Hasbro, since Hasbro doesn't have an exclusive liscence to ninjago action figures. (because they don't exist). With star wars, they can't go in and give us a ton of clones, or hasbro will try to sue them or something. Even then, lego doesn't seem to count battle droids as full minifigures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

Well, well, well... How the turntables...

You just won Eurobricks with that reference. Although the point still stands. He needs to prove himself. We still don’t know that they’re 501st troops. But either way, it looks like there were certainly elements of truth in his information, which is a start to earning a better reputation

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Can someone explain to me why everyone want's mace's legion so much? He's rarely seen with it, is it just that it's a new color or something?

In the unfinished release of TCW season 7, back when Disney first canceled the show, the last episode of “The Bad Batch” story arc had Mace Windu and Obi Wan assaulting the main factory on Anaxes with their respective Clone Trooper Battalions in the spotlight.  This has us expecting to see them again and they could potentially show in one of the sets based off this season.

Basically it’s just a Clone legion that’s never had the spotlight before in other media, so yeah we’re excited to possibly get a new variation.

But with the 332nd being introduced and the pivotal role they’ll play with Ahsoka and Order 66, it’s much more likely we’ll see these guys alongside the traditional 501st Troopers.  Mace’s battalion is unlikely, but possible.

Edited by Skyhammer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LegoStarWarsFan777 said:

Well, it’s March now so I’d say we can expect to see official pictures of the April wave sets either this week or next week. Also strange that Lego is putting 6 mini figures in a $30 set. Can’t remember if they’ve done that before. :grin:

The battle of naboo from 2011 had 8 battle droids, 2 droid pilots and two gungan figures

Remember 2 of the figs in the barc speeder are droids, who lego doesn't count as minifigures anymore, just additional figures 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

the logistics here are that it's a figure pack that doesn't have to worry about Hasbro, since Hasbro doesn't have an exclusive liscence to ninjago action figures. (because they don't exist). With star wars, they can't go in and give us a ton of clones, or hasbro will try to sue them or something. Even then, lego doesn't seem to count battle droids as full minifigures.

I don't think Hasbro has anything to do with it. Ninjago, being LEGO's own IP, is a different animal from a licensed line like Star Wars, where LEGO has to shell out a percentage of each set sold to Disney/Lucasfilm. Minifig parts are more expensive than other parts, so limiting the number we get in licensed sets help LEGO keep their prices from being even higher than they already are.

While it is true that Harry Potter (another licensed line) has more figs for the money in most of its sets, those figs are simpler (fewer leg prints, lots of immobile "short" legs, etc.), and with more reused parts (the same torsos used over and over) than what we typically get with Star Wars. Last year's 20th Anniversary Stormtrooper pack is one set that fits this model... 4 identical figs are cheaper to produce than 4 unique ones, so we ended up with an uncommonly high number of figs in a relatively cheap set. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless Lego has future Clone Wars sets planned outside of this summer wave, I don't think the 187th would make the cut because they've been featured so little. Especially when there's already groups like the 501st, 212th, or 332nd which have more significant showings. Though maybe the AAT will be a Battle for Anaxes set and include one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Skyhammer said:

In the unfinished release of TCW season 7, back when Disney first canceled the show, the last episode of “The Bad Batch” story arc had Mace Windu and Obi Wan assaulting the main factory on Anaxes with their respective Clone Trooper Battalions in the spotlight.  This has us expecting to see them again and they could potentially show in one of the sets based off this season.

Basically it’s just a Clone legion that’s never had the spotlight before in other media, so yeah we’re excited to possibly get a new variation.

But with the 332nd being introduced and the pivotal role they’ll play with Ahsoka and Order 66, it’s much more likely we’ll see these guys alongside the traditional 501st Troopers.  Mace’s battalion is unlikely, but possible.

Ah, thank you. 

11 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

I don't think Hasbro has anything to do with it. Ninjago, being LEGO's own IP, is a different animal from a licensed line like Star Wars, where LEGO has to shell out a percentage of each set sold to Disney/Lucasfilm. Minifig parts are more expensive than other parts, so limiting the number we get in licensed sets help LEGO keep their prices from being even higher than they already are.

While it is true that Harry Potter (another licensed line) has more figs for the money in most of its sets, those figs are simpler (fewer leg prints, lots of immobile "short" legs, etc.), and with more reused parts (the same torsos used over and over) than what we typically get with Star Wars. Last year's 20th Anniversary Stormtrooper pack is one set that fits this model... 4 identical figs are cheaper to produce than 4 unique ones, so we ended up with an uncommonly high number of figs in a relatively cheap set. 

Wasn't there something about them legally not being able to produce, say, a CMF? I would imagine something like the gamer market would be too close to comfort with that.

4 minutes ago, UberCorp said:

Unless Lego has future Clone Wars sets planned outside of this summer wave, I don't think the 187th would make the cut because they've been featured so little. Especially when there's already groups like the 501st, 212th, or 332nd which have more significant showings. Though maybe the AAT will be a Battle for Anaxes set and include one of them.

I think almost all of these have to be based on anaxes if they're season 7 sets. There were no separatist armies in the siege of mandalore, it was maul's forces and his mandalorians vs the republic and some mandalorians. So unless Ahsoka's walkabout somehow has actual warfare, which I doubt, it seems the only set that could be based on the siege of mandalore is anakin's interceptor. That said, I don't really expect either Mace's troopers of the 212th to show up, I think we'll see shinies, 332nd, or 501st.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

Wasn't there something about them legally not being able to produce, say, a CMF? I would imagine something like the gamer market would be too close to comfort with that.

A representative of LEGO was quoted several years ago as saying they couldn't do a CMF because of Hasbro's license agreement with Lucasfilm. (Which, incidentally, was just renegotiated... hmmm.) But that did not preclude LEGO from releasing minifigure polybags (with a dozen or so parts for a "stand" thrown in) or from releasing battle packs, which have a greater concentration of figs-per-parts than we are talking about here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

(Which, incidentally, was just renegotiated... hmmm.)

not sure if there's a hint being dropped here, but I will say, LEGO would be insane to not do a SW CMF set if the license would permit it.  I'm assuming the Harry Potter one sells decently well, but SW collectors are a whole 'nother breed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

45 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think almost all of these have to be based on anaxes if they're season 7 sets. There were no separatist armies in the siege of mandalore, it was maul's forces and his mandalorians vs the republic and some mandalorians. So unless Ahsoka's walkabout somehow has actual warfare, which I doubt, it seems the only set that could be based on the siege of mandalore is anakin's interceptor. That said, I don't really expect either Mace's troopers of the 212th to show up, I think we'll see shinies, 332nd, or 501st. 

For some reason I was thinking the Separatists were also part of the Siege of Mandalore. Clone Wars spoilers, but:

Spoiler

Anakin's Starfighter definitely isn't a SoM set since he's not present since it's concurrent with Ep. 3 and Order 66.

Though isn't there still one more unknown August store exclusive that could be a potential S7 set? One of the lists I saw had 75291 listed

Edited by UberCorp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, UberCorp said:

Unless Lego has future Clone Wars sets planned outside of this summer wave, I don't think the 187th would make the cut because they've been featured so little. Especially when there's already groups like the 501st, 212th, or 332nd which have more significant showings. Though maybe the AAT will be a Battle for Anaxes set and include one of them.

The troopers attached to Mace on Anaxes are part of the 91st Mobile Reconnaissance Corps (led by Commander Neyo and present on Saleucami during Order 66). The 187th Legion (which Hasbro produced some 3.75" figures of following the release of Revenge of The Sith) are not canon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know where the “escape pod” is located on the Razor Crest? Also, was this even in the show or is it even accurate? The pictures we have so far of the interior show no sign of it so I was just wondering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LegoStarWarsFan777 said:

Does anyone know where the “escape pod” is located on the Razor Crest? Also, was this even in the show or is it even accurate? The pictures we have so far of the interior show no sign of it so I was just wondering.

I am ashamed to find myself wondering about the location of this secret escape pod ever since many bothan leakers died bringing us this information.. (okey it was TLG's official description ; )

So it can only be that quadratical thing on top at the rear half of the ship. It looks like there are some parts not just there for greebling and texture.
I have no idea how this thing would look detatched from the ship but there should be enough space.

Only other option would be the half dome behind the cockpit piece but I very much doubt that.

In any case I am so glad to see escape pods returning. I still remember having the 2nd Millenium Falcon set as a teenager, and basically playing Star Trek and Firefly with it, cause it had a detatchable escape pod (with quite a bit of space) which I used as a support and transport shuttle. These things ad so much play value. now all u get with the Falcon at that spot is a tiny space for 1 cramped figure or some boxes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

A representative of LEGO was quoted several years ago as saying they couldn't do a CMF because of Hasbro's license agreement with Lucasfilm. (Which, incidentally, was just renegotiated... hmmm.) But that did not preclude LEGO from releasing minifigure polybags (with a dozen or so parts for a "stand" thrown in) or from releasing battle packs, which have a greater concentration of figs-per-parts than we are talking about here. 

I didn't think about that, 4 figures in a $15 set isn't as bad as 4 and 2 droids in a $30 set. I think a concentration of 9-16 figures like the gamer market or people packs is still out of the question, but probably for your reasons as opposed to legal issues.

1 hour ago, UberCorp said:

 

For some reason I was thinking the Separatists were also part of the Siege of Mandalore. Clone Wars spoilers, but:

  Reveal hidden contents

Anakin's Starfighter definitely isn't a SoM set since he's not present since it's concurrent with Ep. 3 and Order 66.

 

Spoiler

Actually, I think Dave said in a celebration that Anakin and Obi-wan are there at first but called away. But you're right in that he wouldn't have participated in the later stages of the full-out siege.

1 hour ago, LegoStarWarsFan777 said:

Does anyone know where the “escape pod” is located on the Razor Crest? Also, was this even in the show or is it even accurate? The pictures we have so far of the interior show no sign of it so I was just wondering.

The description also promised a new mando figure, which somone here found out from lego customer service was probably not true. I'm assuming it just won't show up, especially since unlike the rest of the interior it's not shown in the show. (Although it would make sense 

Spoiler

for the mythril, because since he didn't take a gun when he found the gun storage he was probably looking for the escape pod

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Can someone explain to me why everyone want's mace's legion so much? He's rarely seen with it, is it just that it's a new color or something?

I don't really get it either, especially since we already have one of his troopers. LEGO calls it a BARC trooper but it's still from the 91st

7 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

I'm assuming the Harry Potter one sells decently well, but SW collectors are a whole 'nother breed.  

If normal retailers are anything to go by the HP CMF was one of the best selling CMF's to date 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't really get it either, especially since we already have one of his troopers. LEGO calls it a BARC trooper but it's still from the 91st

If normal retailers are anything to go by the HP CMF was one of the best selling CMF's to date 

I think that’s because of how popular Harry Potter is outside of the lego community, but there is more of an over lap between lego and StarWars fans 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, UberCorp said:

 

For some reason I was thinking the Separatists were also part of the Siege of Mandalore. Clone Wars spoilers, but:

 

I'm pretty sure they are going to be, in the Season 7 trailer there's shots of soldiers with jet packs fighting the Droids on a bridge and Mandalorian starfighters in a space battle 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I'm pretty sure they are going to be, in the Season 7 trailer there's shots of soldiers with jet packs fighting the Droids on a bridge and Mandalorian starfighters in a space battle 

I'm pretty sure the starfighters in that space battle are Z-95 Headhunters

Clone Z-95 starfighter SWE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't really get it either, especially since we already have one of his troopers. LEGO calls it a BARC trooper but it's still from the 91st

No. Commander Neyo (or Lego's BARC Trooper) is from the 91st, but Adi Gallia's (and later, Stass Allie's) troops have a different pattern. Neyo's troopers have red shoulder pads and the recon symbol on their chest and helmets (and we have 2, Neyo and a regular troopers from 2005). Mace's 91st (only seen on Anaxes) have a pattern in the vein of Commander Ponds (inverted circles, full red arms, red striping on the chest and red hip armor). It's a design unique to the Clone Wars tv show, and much like how we got Horn Company and the Bomb Squad, Windu's 91st Troops aren't too obscure for at least a battle pack inclusion. Hell, we even got Shock Stormtroopers from Battlefront. So, anything's possible in Lego.

I mean, we have 501st troopers too, and 212th, but people still want the Holy 501st Battle Pack. Like I said earlier, I want 501st troops as much as anyone, but I'd rather get a new variant/design over post-2014 designs we've had before. Update the 327th, give us the Nova Corps, give us Windu's battalion, just give us something new.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm pretty sure the starfighters in that space battle are Z-95 Headhunters

Clone Z-95 starfighter SWE

I think he means at 1.50 in the trailer.

 

48 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

No. Commander Neyo (or Lego's BARC Trooper) is from the 91st, but Adi Gallia's (and later, Stass Allie's) troops have a different pattern. Neyo's troopers have red shoulder pads and the recon symbol on their chest and helmets (and we have 2, Neyo and a regular troopers from 2005). Mace's 91st (only seen on Anaxes) have a pattern in the vein of Commander Ponds (inverted circles, full red arms, red striping on the chest and red hip armor). It's a design unique to the Clone Wars tv show, and much like how we got Horn Company and the Bomb Squad, Windu's 91st Troops aren't too obscure for at least a battle pack inclusion. Hell, we even got Shock Stormtroopers from Battlefront. So, anything's possible in Lego.

I mean, we have 501st troopers too, and 212th, but people still want the Holy 501st Battle Pack. Like I said earlier, I want 501st troops as much as anyone, but I'd rather get a new variant/design over post-2014 designs we've had before. Update the 327th, give us the Nova Corps, give us Windu's battalion, just give us something new.

 I agree that we need more variants of clones, this is why we don't need a 501st battle pack perse, but a battle pack in the style of 7655 would be great. 4 different clones and maybe a few special once like airborne in a vehicle set. :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Neyo's troopers have red shoulder pads and the recon symbol on their chest and helmets (and we have 2, Neyo and a regular troopers from 2005). Mace's 91st (only seen on Anaxes) have a pattern in the vein of Commander Ponds (inverted circles, full red arms, red striping on the chest and red hip armor).

That symbol is a generic recon emblem? I thought it was unique to the 91st. I wish the people who worked on designing units for the GAR had put together a style guide that actually made sense instead of just making up units and symbols as they went based on whatever they thought looked cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, 2maxwell said:

That symbol is a generic recon emblem? I thought it was unique to the 91st.

It is, but because they are the Reconnaissance Corps, I simply referred to it as a recon symbol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Cyberfounder said:

I think he means at 1.50 in the trailer.

Besides not being a space battle it doesn't have any seperatist forces

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.