55 minutes ago, suenkachun said:

Information regarding LEGO Colour “368 Vibrant Yellow” is now known, as Ryan Howerter’s list was finally updated. As a result, the latest LDD Colour files can be downloaded here, updated with the following information:

“Materials.xml” file: Added the following line: <Material MatID="368" Red="218" Green="218" Blue="0" Alpha="255" MaterialType="shinyPlastic"/> (corresponding to the HEX Value of Vibrant Yellow: “DADA00”).

“localizedStrings.loc” file under the “EN” folder: Added “Material368” and “Vibrant Yellow”.

“localizedStrings.loc” file under the “DE” folder: Added “Material368” and “Leuchtend Gelb”.

Your updated MaterialSelector.xml doesn't actually include the new color, I had to add it myself to be able to access it in LDD.

Edited by PicnicBasketSam

57 minutes ago, suenkachun said:

(I have no knowledge regarding LDraw so someone else can complete the Colour conversion process).

The hex value is just after… wait for it… “VALUE” :D

For transparent colours, the opacity is in decimal (0-255), after “ALPHA”

4 minutes ago, PicnicBasketSam said:

Your updated MaterialSelector.xml doesn't actually include the new color, I had to add it myself to be able to access it in LDD.

I do know that this file also needs to be updated, but I always skip this step and let those responsible for posting LDD updates to decide which Colours to enable, as many of the 186 Colours are not enabled at all.

1 minute ago, SylvainLS said:

The hex value is just after… wait for it… “VALUE” :D

For transparent colours, the opacity is in decimal (0-255), after “ALPHA”

Thanks for the information.

1 hour ago, suenkachun said:

I do know that this file also needs to be updated, but I always skip this step and let those responsible for posting LDD updates to decide which Colours to enable, as many of the 186 Colours are not enabled at all.

Oh I didn't realize that, I haven't just grabbed a color pre-update before (I'm building some 2022 sets that call for it). Thanks.

On 1/2/2022 at 9:38 PM, Stephan said:

If the 3D models are available, yes. If not, then we cannot add them.

Just stumbled upon an old post of mine and remembered that Part 57794 Crossing ½ With Switch for Set 7996 Train Rail Crossing is the only Plastic Rail Element not included in LDD at the moment (Part 2866 Control Switch was already included with the original 9V Switching Tracks). Hoping to see this added into LDD if possible.

P.S., If possible, the current four 9V Rail elements in LDD (Parts 74746, 74747, 75541 and 75542) should be updated as the ends of these rail elements are currently straight and rectangular, unlike the new Plastic Rail Elements (Parts 53400 and 53441) which include the proper connecting joints. Alongside this, the new Plastic Switching Rails (Switch Left: Part 18612 and Part 53406, Switch Right: Part 18596 and Part 53403) should also be added if possible to better separate the two types of rails, while Track 9V Crossing (Part 32087) should be added if possible being the only missing 9V Rail Element in LDD right now.

Was updating an old LDD project of mine and received a message that one Brick was placed incorrectly and removed. After a quick investigation, I found that the Brick removed was a Part 53401 Straight Rail 16M and soon discovered a weird glitch between this part and a Part 3832 Plate 2x10.

Straight%20Rail%20Plate%202x10%20Error.p

The problem with these two parts is a Plate 2x10 no longer fits in-between the two Straight Rails and will cause one of the Rails to be removed. The screenshot above shows that the right Rail must be one Brick away from the Bright Red 2 Plate x10 and can only be inserted up to half a Brick more towards the Plate without being removed. I tested all other 2 Brick wide Plates (2x1, 2x2, 2x3, 2x4, 2x6, 2x8, 2x12, 2x14 and 2x16) and discovered that only the 2x10 will cause the Rail to be removed when placed in-between either one of the four inner gaps on both sides of the Straight Rail. Another workaround is to use more than one Plate to complete the same design (e.g., use a 2x6 and a 2x4 instead of one 2x10), but this weird glitch should still be fixed.

41 minutes ago, suenkachun said:

but this weird glitch should still be fixed.

I will check why this happens... might be boundary box issues..

14 minutes ago, leonema said:

could be possible to add the part 66964 ?

I would like that piece as well but I found out that is not even in LDRAW so I think that will be impossible (the developers of theses updates take the pieces from LDRAW if Im not wrong)

1 hour ago, CorvusA said:

I would like that piece as well but I found out that is not even in LDRAW so I think that will be impossible (the developers of theses updates take the pieces from LDRAW if Im not wrong)

oh... ok...
so, i hope and wish that soon or later that part will be available in ldraw so it can be imported also in ldd...

27 minutes ago, leonema said:

oh... ok...
so, i hope and wish that soon or later that part will be available in ldraw so it can be imported also in ldd...

You can go on the LDraw forums and gently ask for the parts you want.  LDraw authors are volunteers, so obligated to nothing, but they also like to help.

16 hours ago, SylvainLS said:

You can go on the LDraw forums and gently ask for the parts you want.  LDraw authors are volunteers, so obligated to nothing, but they also like to help.

nice suggest, i'll try to that, thank you!

i'd just need that part to import as weapon item into lego universe...

On 1/4/2022 at 12:46 PM, suenkachun said:

Was updating an old LDD project of mine and received a message that one Brick was placed incorrectly and removed. After a quick investigation, I found that the Brick removed was a Part 53401 Straight Rail 16M and soon discovered a weird glitch between this part and a Part 3832 Plate 2x10.

Fixed; the collisions for the 2x10 plate were a tiny bit too large.

On 1/4/2022 at 11:40 AM, suenkachun said:

Hoping to see this added into LDD if possible.

No 3D model available on LDraw.

On 1/4/2022 at 11:40 AM, suenkachun said:

Just stumbled upon an old post of mine and remembered that Part 57794 Crossing ½ With Switch for Set 7996 Train Rail Crossing is the only Plastic Rail Element not included in LDD at the moment (Part 2866 Control Switch was already included with the original 9V Switching Tracks). Hoping to see this added into LDD if possible.

P.S., If possible, the current four 9V Rail elements in LDD (Parts 74746, 74747, 75541 and 75542) should be updated as the ends of these rail elements are currently straight and rectangular, unlike the new Plastic Rail Elements (Parts 53400 and 53441) which include the proper connecting joints. Alongside this, the new Plastic Switching Rails (Switch Left: Part 18612 and Part 53406, Switch Right: Part 18596 and Part 53403) should also be added if possible to better separate the two types of rails, while Track 9V Crossing (Part 32087) should be added if possible being the only missing 9V Rail Element in LDD right now.

Tried to add these. But the 3D models from LDraw are full of holes. So, sorry, they are not ready to be added yet.

8 hours ago, Stephan said:

Tried to add these. But the 3D models from LDraw are full of holes. So, sorry, they are not ready to be added yet.

Thanks for trying anyway, hopefully, these Parts can be successfully converted over someday so that the 9V Rails and new Plastic Rails can be better distinguished instead of the 9V Rails just having Square ends which is unrealistic (such as seeing the proper ends of a Plastic Rail “melting/merging” into the square ends of a 9V Rails).

For the Plastic Rail Crossing, it’s such a shame that no 3D Model is available (yet), being the only missing Plastic Rail element at the moment and an extremely useful track segment (my custom Tram System built in LDD utilises this part at a terminus stop so I’ve left a gap for it at the moment, the system also uses the Left and Right Points so I’m using the 9V versions for now). The real Rail Crossing Set 7996 is quite rare and expensive itself, so I guess the virtual version is currently considered “rare” too (if I actually build my Tram system in real life someday I’d still have to purchase one copy, or perhaps I could buy a custom Rail Element similar to this as I did see some websites selling or even manufacturing custom LEGO Rail Parts).

4 hours ago, suenkachun said:

Thanks for trying anyway, hopefully, these Parts can be successfully converted over someday so that the 9V Rails and new Plastic Rails can be better distinguished instead of the 9V Rails just having Square ends which is unrealistic (such as seeing the proper ends of a Plastic Rail “melting/merging” into the square ends of a 9V Rails).

For the Plastic Rail Crossing, it’s such a shame that no 3D Model is available (yet), being the only missing Plastic Rail element at the moment and an extremely useful track segment (my custom Tram System built in LDD utilises this part at a terminus stop so I’ve left a gap for it at the moment, the system also uses the Left and Right Points so I’m using the 9V versions for now). The real Rail Crossing Set 7996 is quite rare and expensive itself, so I guess the virtual version is currently considered “rare” too (if I actually build my Tram system in real life someday I’d still have to purchase one copy, or perhaps I could buy a custom Rail Element similar to this as I did see some websites selling or even manufacturing custom LEGO Rail Parts).

My suggestion would be to make "Part 57794 Crossing ½ With Switch" it's best to start LDD in Dev mode without collisions and use part 85976 Track 4M, 45 degrees and overlay it with with part 53401 Rail straight (I hope the bow for 85976 is matching 57794). Then export this whole setup to an OBJ file and start editing in blender.

I can give it a try if some confirms the bow angles for 85976 and 57794 match.

Alternative: use this dat file ? https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-22822-post-31109.html

Anyway I don't see any rail switch tracks in LDD. I think they are all missing are they ?

Edited by M2m

1 hour ago, M2m said:

My suggestion would be to make "Part 57794 Crossing ½ With Switch" it's best to start LDD in Dev mode without collisions and use part 85976 Track 4M, 45 degrees and overlay it with with part 53401 Rail straight (I hope the bow for 85976 is matching 57794). Then export this whole setup to an OBJ file and start editing in blender.

I can give it a try if some confirms the bow angles for 85976 and 57794 match.

Alternative: use this dat file ? https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-22822-post-31109.html

Anyway I don't see any rail switch tracks in LDD. I think they are all missing are they ?

As of now, the only Rail Tracks in LDD include the following (excluding recently added Monorail series, new Roller Coaster Parts, Part 3228 Straight Rail, Part 85976 Track Bow 4M 45 Degrees and Part 85977 Track Fall 4M):

9V Series: Parts 74746 Straight Rail 16M With EL., Part 74747 Curved Rail 22.5° With EL., 75541 Right Points With EL., 75542 Left Points With EL. and Part 2866 Control Switch. These four Tracks all have Square ends instead of the proper clips in the Plastic Rail Elements, while the Control Switch is attached to the Left and Right Points as an individual Element.

Plastic Rail Elements: Part 53400 Rail Curved 22 ½ Degrees, Part 53401 Rail Straight and Part 64022 Flex Rail 4x8. The Control Switch from the 9V series can be reused for future switching Tracks.

Both types of Rails can still connect together, although the proper ends of a Plastic Rail can be seen “melting/merging” into the square ends of a 9V Rail. As mentioned before, the 9V series is only missing Part 32087 Track 9V Crossing, while the Plastic Rail series is missing the new Plastic Switching Rails (Switch Left: Part 18612 and Part 53406, Switch Right: Part 18596 and Part 53403) and Part 57794 Crossing ½ With Switch. To sum up, all missing Track elements should be added if possible, and the four current 9V Tracks in LDD should be improved to avoid having square ends (this should also be avoided when adding Track 9V Crossing).

P.S., The LDraw version from the link looks fine and useable, but the Bright Yellow Control Switch can be replaced with the current version in LDD for the best accuracy, and it should be considered individual anyways.

Edited by suenkachun

On 1/6/2022 at 12:42 AM, Stephan said:

Fixed; the collisions for the 2x10 plate were a tiny bit too large.

Thanks for fixing the Plate 2x10. Just noticed that the new Part 69729 Tile 2x6 seems to have the same problem and will not work in certain cases, and I often had to carefully reinsert one or more of this element for them to all fit perfectly.

Tile%202x6%20Error.png

The above screenshot shows a more obvious example, taken from a section of a custom Cargo Lift within one of my own custom projects. The setup is as follows: Part 30586 Plate 2x8 W/Gliding Groove in Brick Yellow is at the base of the Elevator Door thus at the lowest position, while the layer of Reddish Brown Plates behind it forms the base of the Elevator Cabin which is slightly higher than the Brick Yellow Plate (less than half the height of one Plate). Above the Reddish Brown Plates are four Part 69729 Tile 2x6 (plus a Part 87079 Flat Tile 2x4 in Bright Blue at the middle which is not part of the issue). When trying to insert the Bright Orange Part 49311 Brick 1x4x3, the Tile 2x6 in Bright Red will prevent it to be inserted, although the design should work perfectly in real life. I tested the same design using other Flat Tiles or combinations of Bricks instead of the Brick 1x4x3 and everything worked perfectly, so the issue is definitely from the Tile 2x6.

Occasionally, using the Tile 2x6 alongside or in between other Plates (including itself) will also cause one of them not able to be inserted (such as copying then pasting more than one Tile 2x6 instead of inserting them one by one), but this can usually be solved by carefully reinserting all nearby Flat Tiles manually in particular orders. Hope to see this issue fixed soon and thank you in advance!

On 1/8/2022 at 4:18 PM, suenkachun said:

When trying to insert the Bright Orange Part 49311 Brick 1x4x3, the Tile 2x6 in Bright Red will prevent it to be inserted, although the design should work perfectly in real life.

When updating my custom regular Elevator design in LDD, I just noticed another possible boundary box error regarding Part 49311 Brick 1x4x3. In my previous post, Part 69729 Tile 2x6 was preventing the Brick 1x4x3 to be inserted, but I now guess that the Brick 1x4x3 also played a part in this error.

640x328.png640x360.png

The first screenshot shows the setup of the design, where the Bright Red 1x4x3 is supposed to fit into the big gap underneath the pair of round Elevator Buttons (I did insert my own custom Decorations for the Buttons and the two Black 1x2 Elevator Displays on top), previously occupied by a pair of Part 22886 Brick 1x2x3 placed next to each other. However, the screenshot on the left shows that the Brick 1x4x3 is unable to be inserted into the gap. I found out later that this was due to the Bricks of the Elevator Cabin behind it, as the same design on the upper part of the Elevator Shaft without the Cabin allowed the Brick 1x4x3 to be inserted perfectly without any problems as this section is hollow inside.

640x328.png640x360.png

The screenshots above show that the Bright Red Brick 1x4x3 can also not be inserted into the side gap fully, only going as far as the first Brick on the right but not into the second Brick on the left when it should have fit inside perfectly.

BTW, since I mentioned the custom Elevator design, this seems like the perfect opportunity to bring up Part 3958 Plate 6x6.

640x328.png

As shown above, Part 3958 Plate 6x6 in Bright Red is used as the base piece of the Elevator Cabin, while Part 10202 Flat Tile 6x6 in Bright Yellow is placed on the ground forming the floor of the Elevator Shaft. In this example, there is a tiny gap in between the Plate 6x6 and the Flat Tile 6x6, so the design will work perfectly. However, if the gap in between the Plate 6x6 and the Flat Tile 6x6 was close to none or even exactly none, the Plate 6x6 may be removed as a misplaced Brick. The Plate 6x6 within designs that worked previously only got removed after collisions of the Plate 6x6 was updated a while ago, so I guess there may be a possible boundary box issue with this Brick too, unless my original designs did place the Plate 6x6 slightly too low and updating collisions of this part actually fixed the issue by removing it. Thank you in advance!

Edited by suenkachun

I just completed three new official Decorations to be added into LDD in the next update, in which one was a Printed Element from my own collections and two are updates to existing Decorations. Please do not forget to include the three Decorations from my previous post below in the updates too.

I was recently digging through my old LEGO collections and discovered that other than “Set 4244 My Home Bucket” from 1998, I also currently own “Set 6325 Package Pick-Up” from 1998 which explained why I had a Computer with Keyboard, a Green Delivery Guy, a Red Trolley and a White Mailbox lost within my Bricks. There are three Printed Elements within this set:

3297px14.png

The first Element is the Printed Car Front on a Bright Yellow Part 3297 Roof Tile 3x4/25°. This Decoration was recently added into LDD, so it should be easy to add by creating the relevant Decoration Surface and applying the Decoration onto it.

3622pb008.png

The second Element is the classic Delivery Logo printed on the front of a Bright Yellow Brick 1x3, and there are two in the Set. For some odd reason, I previously failed to locate these two Bricks within my LEGO Bricks (I guess they were buried too deep), and the “Epson Scan” programme used with my old “Epson Printer” stopped working. The past weekend I finally got the “Epson Scan” programme to work using some odd workarounds, so I was able to locate additional Printed Parts to scan and convert. A quick recap: in “Epson Scan” I use Professional Mode, set 1,200 dpi and output as BMP image for maximum quality; then I extract the image into Vector Graphics editor “Inkscape” and use the “Trace Bitmap” function to carefully extract the Printed Patterns; then the extracted images are inserted back into Microsoft PowerPoint for further editing (such as updating to accurate official LEGO Colours) while the relevant Brick surface is added as a Background; once completed the Background Colour is removed and the image extracted as a PNG image, then it may be opened in “Microsoft Paint 3D” to update “Bit Depth” to 32 and/or compress into 1024px times 1024px if necessary.

Cargo%20Logo.png

The above image can be used directly as its size is already 1024px times 1024px.

Next, we have existing Decorations 55513 and 56756, which represent a Radio surface/VHS Tape and a Digital Clock Display respectively, and shown below are the original PNG files both at 128px times 128px.

Original%2055513.pngOriginal%2056756.png

As I own actual copies of both Printed Elements, I decided to scan them and produce better versions with uncompressed maximum dimensions of 1024px times 512px and upgraded image qualities. Standard Black (RGB:0/0/0) is used as the main Colour of both Decorations, while 55513 also uses LEGO White (RGB; 244/244/244) in the middle and 56756 uses Standard White (RGB:255/255/255) in the middle. 55513 was first extracted in “Inkscape” then I modified the design using shapes within Microsoft PowerPoint to produce the smoothest edges and to also fix alignment issues, while 56756 used the extracted shapes from “Inkscape” directly.

55513.png

56756.png

Both of the above images can be used directly as their sizes are already 1024px times 512px.

P.S., out of the vintage Printed Bricks from my collections the Car Front for Brick 1x4 and the Fancy Arch Top for Brick 1x6 were the only ones not added, so I’m including them below again, hopefully they can be added into LDD at some point. The Car Front can be added directly (after assigning a Decoration number) as the Brick surface is already decoratable while the Brick 1x6 needs both a new decoratable surface and the Decoration number.

Car%20Front.png

Fancy%20Arch%20Top%20Brick%201x6.png

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work!

Edited by suenkachun

Small linear actuator - if possible, please make parts so, that it is possible to turn each part by 90deg (axial way). There is just one way to combine those parts now. In my real build one part is rotated. I was even able to rotate original LDD part.

@Jurss I didn't notice that when I made it. Piston should be able to freely rotate :wacko:

Edit: 90 deg fix would be easy, free rotation will require more work. Anyway, I have to update some of my bricks anyway due to some new bugs I found.

Edited by Equilibrium

8 hours ago, CorvusA said:

stephan I know that maybe sounds a bit dumb and almost everyone hate this piece without the complete torso but...could be possible to add the hand piece??

We will not add the hand piece by itself. It never appeared in sets without the torso. But!: you can add it yourself very easily: copy the xml file of 3820 and rename it to 38201, open the file change the Element number to 38201. Copy the 3820.g file and rename it to 38201. Restart LDD and the hand is there :)

If you can't get it to work I can send you the files.

6 minutes ago, Stephan said:

We will not add the hand piece by itself. It never appeared in sets without the torso. But!: you can add it yourself very easily: copy the xml file of 3820 and rename it to 38201, open the file change the Element number to 38201. Copy the 3820.g file and rename it to 38201. Restart LDD and the hand is there :)

If you can't get it to work I can send you the files.

Ooh, can I use the same process to add armless torsos? Or normal torsos missing one or both hands?