Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Recommended Posts

The pointy hood death eaters also appear at the Quiddtch world cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Decat said:

The pointy hood death eaters also appear at the Quiddtch world cup.

You're right! Totally forgot about that scene

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know of the rise of Voldemort is exclusive to a certain store in the us. I have found the other sets in stores, but not that one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished building both. The Beauxbatons carriage is great & feels more like I got my money’s worth after I built it. It’s a neat build, I like how it opens up. Is it normal to get an extra teacup? I got 5 but the fallout says 4. Also got an extra sticker sheet. 

Voldemort set is pretty cool too. Going to for sure use the DH headstone with the Haunted House. The statue too. If I can’t find room for the whole set that is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RyanMe said:

Does anyone know of the rise of Voldemort is exclusive to a certain store in the us. I have found the other sets in stores, but not that one. 

I can't find it either

But tbh my local stores always get things in late- marvels endgame sets are just popping up now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RyanMe said:

Does anyone know of the rise of Voldemort is exclusive to a certain store in the us. I have found the other sets in stores, but not that one. 

 

1 hour ago, DeCommander96 said:

I can't find it either

But tbh my local stores always get things in late- marvels endgame sets are just popping up now

I got it at Target

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

 

I got it at Target

Thanks. I stopped at 3 targets today on my way to work and nothing. Stopped at a 4th on my way home and found it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, RyanMe said:

Thanks. I stopped at 3 targets today on my way to work and nothing. Stopped at a 4th on my way home and found it. 

Try ordering it off Amazon. in the US, it is actually $17.97.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lego could even make the quidditch World Cup attack as set, 2 death eaters, casual harry year 4, and another fig, a good way to army build death eaters from year 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

I can't find it either

But tbh my local stores always get things in late- marvels endgame sets are just popping up now

I'm the same as you. Local stores take an age and I'm nowhere near a Smyths. For me it was Amazon or Argos and I had an Argos voucher and they had plenty of stock on day 1 so I got it from there. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Legoniche said:

Lego could even make the quidditch World Cup attack as set, 2 death eaters, casual harry year 4, and another fig, a good way to army build death eaters from year 4

I don’t really think it’d be necessary to release a set specifically for army-building GoF Death Eaters since the Rise of Voldemort is so cheap that Death Eater minifigs will soon be very inexpensive to get on bricklink, once the set has been out for a while :wink: Plus, we only ever see a handful of Death Eathers with that version of the costume. The silver mask versions are much more common overall, unless you want to depict Voldy’s army during the First Wizarding War, where they presumably wore the same costume as in GoF (where else would it be from?)

As for the set idea itself: It’s not that I’d oppose a set like that, it’s more that they’ve plenty of other material to cover before they’d ever release a set based on the Quidditch World Cup scene. It’s probably a bit too.... niche *ba-dum-dish* :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

I'm the same as you. Local stores take an age and I'm nowhere near a Smyths. For me it was Amazon or Argos and I had an Argos voucher and they had plenty of stock on day 1 so I got it from there. :)

My local Argos is out of stock. My best bet is to wait about a 2 months and buy it in store

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Anyone have a suggestion for a better hairpiece for Peter pettigrew from the rise of Voldemort? Don't know what they were thinking with this one

Edited by DeCommander96

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Anyone have a suggestion for a better hairpiece for Peter pettigrew from the rise of Voldemort? Don't know what they were thinking with this one

My personal favourite is this one: 

24072.png

That reminds me, I still haven‘t tried that combination... If it looks any good, I‘ll post a picture later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

My personal favourite is this one: 

24072.png

That reminds me, I still haven‘t tried that combination... If it looks any good, I‘ll post a picture later

That’s the hairpiece I used for Wormtail as well. The only problem is close up, the eyebrows don’t really match the color of the hair. But if your looking at from a distance and have him on display, it definitely works. Here’s a pic: https://imgur.com/a/F7KSL3oThis comes from a guy who always likes to keep the minifigs in their original form: but Pettigrew’s hair is just so off it needed to be changed. I know a lot of people complained about Sirius Black’s which was fine imo, but this was way worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

My personal favourite is this one: 

24072.png

That reminds me, I still haven‘t tried that combination... If it looks any good, I‘ll post a picture later

Yeah, that works really well. Know what minifigures it came from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DeCommander96 said:

Yeah, that works really well. Know what minifigures it came from?

This guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Anyone tried Old Luke Skywalker hair on Pettigrew? Would love to see how that would turn out.

Edited by Geertos13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Geertos13 said:

Anyone tried Old Luke Skywalker hair on Pettigrew? Would love to see how that would turn out.

I don’t know, with the orange eyebrows, it wouldnt look that good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2019 at 1:30 PM, RyanMe said:

Does anyone know of the rise of Voldemort is exclusive to a certain store in the us. I have found the other sets in stores, but not that one. 

It's at Barnes and Noble.  That's where i got my copy.  Haven't seen anything at Walmart or Target yet.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Geertos13 said:

Anyone tried Old Luke Skywalker hair on Pettigrew? Would love to see how that would turn out.

The color is off and his hair being the same mold as Sirius' doesn't work either 

Edited by Guyon2002

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, DeCommander96 said:

Anyone have a suggestion for a better hairpiece for Peter pettigrew from the rise of Voldemort? Don't know what they were thinking with this one

Pettigrew was so desperate to stay with Ron, he changed his hair color to better fit in. :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m still really surprised that we haven’t gotten a Ginny minifigure yet... Here’s hoping for the next wave as she had a more prominent role in the later movies/books!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.