Natdude

[HELP] Analyzing a Kek Powerizer

I am obsessed with the Kek Powerizer's "audio signals" feature (the one where it interacts with the TV show, website, videogames, etc.). I bought one to experience the feature firsthand but I am not confident that I will able to get it working even with YouTube recordings (for reasons that I will elaborate below), so what I want to do is at least record the noises made by the toy (reportedly 227) and maybe try to spoof the feature out of the toy on my own.

Basically the audio feature works like this: the Galidor media has chirp like audio triggers built into the sound, they are a slightly different frequency from the regular audio and quieter so the commands are literally undetectable by the human ear but detectable by the toy. Unfortunately the same idea that makes these noises undetectable is the same one that makes these commands excised in mp3 audio compression so I don't know if the function is replecatable with even a Youtube video of the episodes.

Now the toy is able to create some of these audio triggers, so I want to record these noises directly from the toy and then try and shift them around to create other triggers. I am requesting help on how to do this exactly?

I don't know the Kek Powerizer and I didn't find a good source of technical details but for the recording part why don't you try to capture audio in a raw format instead like WAV? Preferably using a good microphone.

Sorry. I got curious and try to find more details about what it, so that part about mp3 audio compression is not exactly related to the part of recording noises directly from the toy.

Do you have some audio source that actually triggers something?

5 hours ago, MajorAlvega said:

Sorry. I got curious and try to find more details about what it, so that part about mp3 audio compression is not exactly related to the part of recording noises directly from the toy.

Do you have some audio source that actually triggers something?

Nothing so far.

I'm still stuck on getting my computer to recognize the makeshift imput I'm intending to use to record the toy's sounds through the computer

Edited by Natdude

In case anyone is interested I was able to isolate some of the audio signals. I used my webcam mic to record the sound from the toy, then I combined this recording with an inverted mp3 compressed version (so that the audible audio is cancelled out due to destructive interference). The resulting audio was then amplified and put through a low pass filter (just so that it sounds easier on the ears):

https://bricksafe.com/files/griffn29/kek-sensor/kek signal examples.mp3

The first soundbyte is the select noise that masks the following audio signals, and the second and third soundbytes are audio signals that play (but are not normally audible) when a trade starts, and when trading a specific mission.

Hello!

Have you had any progress? I might be able to shed some light on the Kek Powerizer. I believe it's actually much simpler (but still complex) than you've made it out to be!