Robert8

LEGO Disney Minifigures & D2Cs - Rumors and Discussion

Which Disney Series do you like better?  

109 members have voted

  1. 1. Best Disney Series so far?



Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Brickset has review pictures up on their Flickr prematurely before posting the actual review:

 

Are the steamboat set Mickey/Minnie heads different molds than the mystery bags? They look slightly different...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooo... Jafar’s cape is double sided. 

Kind of disappointed Elsa’s isn’t sheer though. Still love the printing on it. 

2 hours ago, DisneyLego said:

Are the steamboat set Mickey/Minnie heads different molds than the mystery bags? They look slightly different...

Pretty sure it’s just the angle they’re at relative to the camera. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DisneyLego said:

Are the steamboat set Mickey/Minnie heads different molds than the mystery bags? They look slightly different...

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

Ooo... Jafar’s cape is double sided. 

Kind of disappointed Elsa’s isn’t sheer though. Still love the printing on it. 

Pretty sure it’s just the angle they’re at relative to the camera. 

Brickset - Review: 71024 Disney Collectable Minifigures Series 2 (Part 1)

32543220797_bab8c25520_c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Interesting to know that the Duck Triplets’ hats are separate from thier heads. 

April, May & June coming soon then ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, williejm said:

April, May & June coming soon then ?

Great idea! I hope the bow piece is available in all the right colors, or will be in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Otherworld said:

Also, Elsa looks very cheap to me, I hope it's only the pictures.

Elsa has a new unique hair piece, new printed cape, double sided face, arm printing and a large accessory. Not sure I agree that she looks cheap!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I plan to get them all. I could see leaving out Mickey and Minnie if one is getting the LEGO Ideas Steamboat Willie set, and I do want to get that as well, but... eh, I think I’ll try for all of these anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I was playing kingdom hearts 3 and occurred to me that every fig in this series is either in the first levels of kingdom hearts or in a movie this/last year (barring Nightmare before Christmas.) Maybe Lego is making a kingdom hearts set; that would explain the omission of Goofy and Pluto, as they are a massive part of the game. Honestly I just desperately want Sora as a minifig. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love that they kept the Mickey and Minnie different from the ones in the Steamboat Willie set.  I prefer the ones in the set, so it may encourage me to get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, williejm said:

Elsa has a new unique hair piece, new printed cape, double sided face, arm printing and a large accessory. Not sure I agree that she looks cheap!

It was indeed only the picture from brickset, it made the colors look odd. She looks fantastic on bricksfanz's review.

I will get all 10 non-mickey & friends figures. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

So I was playing kingdom hearts 3 and occurred to me that every fig in this series is either in the first levels of kingdom hearts or in a movie this/last year (barring Nightmare before Christmas.) Maybe Lego is making a kingdom hearts set; that would explain the omission of Goofy and Pluto, as they are a massive part of the game. Honestly I just desperately want Sora as a minifig. 

I think it's more a case of evergreen popularity or recent/ongoing/upcoming releases featuring the characters. Consider:

  • Vintage Mickey & Minnie: Mickey's 90th birthday occurred late last year and the merchandise event is still ongoing.
  • Jack Skellington and Sally: Perennially popular characters
  • Jasmine and Jafar: Live-action Aladdin coming out this year
  • Elsa and Anna: Frozen 2 coming out this year
  • Scrooge and the triplets: New DuckTales series is ongoing
  • Edna Mode and Frozone: Incredibles 2 came out last year and is still being promoted to sell the video release.
  • Chip and Dale: Core characters

The only ones who don't fit this scheme are Hercules and Hades, and if you're right about the KH3 connection, that handily explains their presence, as they have been in all three of the mainline KH games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Karalora said:

The only ones who don't fit this scheme are Hercules and Hades, and if you're right about the KH3 connection, that handily explains their presence, as they have been in all three of the mainline KH games.

It also helps that the mold for Hades’ head already existed. Plus, the team that puts together the CMFs is clearly a sucker for swords and other weapons, so Hercules is something they’d definitely love (honestly so do I. I’m not a huge fan of the movie but I’m seriously considering picking up those 2 characters just because I love their designs)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder why they decided not to include the black flower that Sally seems to have in the original group render ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jarreth2 said:

Wonder why they decided not to include the black flower that Sally seems to have in the original group render ? 

The reviewer might have just overlooked it. It's a very small piece in a dark color. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont know where to put this, but the disney d2c is rumored to include Davy Jones, Will Turner, Hector Barbosa, Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, and Goofy. I guess it is going to be a pirates of the carribean ride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does explain the absence of Goofy in this series, though it is a shame if his figure were exclusive to some 300 Dollar D2C set :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

I dont know where to put this, but the disney d2c is rumored to include Davy Jones, Will Turner, Hector Barbosa, Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, and Goofy. I guess it is going to be a pirates of the carribean ride.

Davy Jones and Will Turner do not appear in the Pirates of the Carribean ride. Also if this set is based on Pirates where is Jack Sparrow. No offense but this is most likely fake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 7982Brick said:

Davy Jones and Will Turner do not appear in the Pirates of the Carribean ride. Also if this set is based on Pirates where is Jack Sparrow. No offense but this is most likely fake.

Agreed...although a POTC ride set wouldn’t be too farfetched, those minifigures don’t quite line up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah... that sounds fake 

Also, that would need a bunch of new molds and as I as we know LEGO only includea one per D2C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, 7982Brick said:

Davy Jones and Will Turner do not appear in the Pirates of the Carribean ride. Also if this set is based on Pirates where is Jack Sparrow. No offense but this is most likely fake.

I forgot, but i heard it includes jack sparrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Yeah... that sounds fake 

Also, that would need a bunch of new molds and as I as we know LEGO only includea one per D2C

I mean, two? Pluto and Goofy. Would that be too far fetched?

Honestly, that sounds all fake, real fake. But I just want a Davy Jones (and others from PotC) so badly, yet I can't justify spending over 10 bucks on a single figure (Jones is 50).

What are the chances of LEGO bringing PotC into series 3? Slim to none? :(

Edited by Alegrispa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.