I feel what you're getting at, but the opposite of praise is not bashing. Maybe you should copmare your posts here to my reply on page 1. I think what you're doing is destructive criticism. What parts of your post are actually usable by the OP to improve his (next) model? I think what we should see here, and what most of us actually recognize, is the skill level of the builder. To me, @gate is obviously not such an experienced builder as you and me and many others here are. His model shows this. There are beginner's mistakes. But let's be honest: we all made these. And I know you think, well, it's the honest non-flattering feedback we get on those models from which we learn and can make our next models better. But, I can tell you, when I made these beginner mistakes, there was no internet to get feedback from. It was basically my parents who just liked me having this hobby, and my brother "testing " my models. Weak spots became obvious within seconds, I tell you  . Yes, @gate's crane is far from perfect, and it's not a LTM1060. I fully agree with you. But does it deserve the bashing you give it, given the skill level of the builder? No. I assume (I always assume) the builder did his best. Stating it's all messed up and keeping repeating that, isn't helping, even if it's true. Also, he reacts in a normal nice way to feedback and replies (except yours. I wonder why), and I think that deserves a bit more praise. He seems to want to learn. For gate, building this crane is a learning experience. Also, this model gives insight in his skill level. When he posts his next model, we can compare and see if there are improvements. If not, then we can criticize. If so, then there can be praise for learning and improving, alongside constructive feedback. My contention is: give feedback on the process, not (just) the output. To give you a case in point, maybe you should check out my post on page 1, which points out some problems, and compare it to your posts which basically says "the proportions are all wrong". Which of the two, do you think, is of most use by gate? Edit: or, stated differently: I say you can point out obvious flaws, and still be nice. Your posts point out the obvious flaws, but aren't very nice.  /edit
I think one advice I would give to gate, from seeing this topic, would be: try doing something smaller and simpler next time.