MaxxusBricks

My first experience of creating LEGO animation in Blender

Hello!

In this topic I want share with you my experience on creating LEGO animation in Blender.

Here is a LEGO movie I've created: 

Blender is a professional, free and open-source 3D computer graphics software toolset used for creating animated films, visual effects, art, 3D printed models, interactive 3D applications and video games.

Software that I used to make this animation:

1. LEGO Digital Designer
  2. Blender
  3. Sony Vegas

STEP 1 

First of all, I built all needed models in LEGO Digital Designer.

STEP 2

I opened all models in Blender and created an animation. Then I rendered all scenes.

euro3.png.38f78c504676912daf48245cede993a5.png

STEP 3

All video files were ready, and the only thing I needed to do was to edit them in Sony Vegas.

That was my first LEGO movie made in Blender. It took near 2 months to create it. 

Do you like it?

Edited by MaxxusBricks

Hello,

You actually also used Mecabricks and the Mecabricks add-on for Blender from what I can see on your Blender screenshot. So geometry and some decorations are not coming from LDD ;-)

Good work on the animation this a very time consuming task.

Edited by Scrubs

This is really cool. Very funny (I had to laugh out loud when the dumbbell hit the weightlifter!:laugh:) and with an astonishing render-quality. It looked very convincing. Some of the animations were a bit stiff, but nothing dramatic. An excellent video and almost too good for a first!:classic::thumbup:

Getting the minifigs to bend at the knees and elbows like in most TLG shows/games is difficult. Have you had any luck with doing this?