As I was brainstorming ideas for a new build, John suggested a castle with four phases, showing how it, and the landscape, changes through each season. Realizing a good idea when I heard it, I set to work on the castle. Since I will need to modify the landscape for each phase, I planned to have the castle lift off so it’s easy to rework the base. As usual there’s a full interior, this time accessed by both a hinging section, and pull out rooms. The castle itself was inspired mainly by the creations of Eklund, DNL, and Aliencat. Simon S. suggested the addition of a moat. The castle features a working drawbridge, gates, and shutters. This is one of my biggest builds, weighing in at over nineteen and a half pounds; the base is 52×52 studs, including the border.

Arangr castle is located near the Avalonian border, in Mitgardia. Spring brings new life to the countryside, as the snow finally melts, and animals awake from hibernation, or migrate back to the area. It’s a busy time of year, as fields need to be plowed and planted, and supplies restocked.

Overview-2.jpg

Left-corner.jpg

Back-corner.jpg

Right-angled.jpg

Ducks.jpg

plow3.jpg

Tree.jpg

Castle-low.jpg

Drawbridge closed:

Closed.jpg

Castle-end.jpg

All.jpg

Open.jpg

As always, you can see more pictures on my website: link

I hope you like it, summer will be coming next :classic:

Awesome castle SK, excellent stone-work and landscaping (especially that river!), and I really like your ducks! :wink: I love that besides having the very nice pullout rooms you went ahead and made the castle hinging as well! One of my favorite details here would be the windows with blue shutters :thumbup: Looking forward to seeing the castle in the other three seasons too! :classic:

Fanstastic castle SK! Also it's really cool how you always find new ways to include an interior! It will be cool to see this in all the seasons!

Very nice castle, looking forward to seeing the other seasons! Really like the subtle angles you gave it with the hinges! The little ducks are really cute too! :thumbup:

That's an awesome castle! And it has an interior! I must say you are the best builder of interiors! Love the ducks and the bird in the tree!

This is great! My son would love one of these - better start building haha. Really looking forward to what the other seasons have in store :classic:

That's the kind of castle that makes me want to build my own. While it's of course a tremendous build, it is not derogative to call it a smaller keep. That's exactly the size I love the most, especially with the amazing interiour. As a child I would have loved to play with it all day. And I like that "Drawer rooms" idea we saw from Littlejohn earlier, great execution of that. A highlight are definitely the many windows.

Cannot wait to enjoy the other three versions.

Very nice work, Isaac! :thumbup:

Thanks Graham :classic:

Very nice build! I liked the details in the rooms!

Thank you, I tried some new furniture designs out here :classic:

Awesome castle SK, excellent stone-work and landscaping (especially that river!), and I really like your ducks! :wink: I love that besides having the very nice pullout rooms you went ahead and made the castle hinging as well! One of my favorite details here would be the windows with blue shutters :thumbup: Looking forward to seeing the castle in the other three seasons too! :classic:

Thanks Garmadon! This isn't the last you'll see of those ducks :laugh: And I'm glad you like the shutters, those windows were what caused me the most trouble designing, but I really wanted shutters on this one.

Fanstastic castle SK! Also it's really cool how you always find new ways to include an interior! It will be cool to see this in all the seasons!

Thanks LordDan, summer should be coming soon :classic:

Very nice castle, looking forward to seeing the other seasons! Really like the subtle angles you gave it with the hinges! The little ducks are really cute too! :thumbup:

Thanks Kai! Glad you noticed the angles, as this is the first time I've done an off the grid layout that opens up :classic:

Another masterpiece. I always enjoy the modularity of your builds.

Thanks Blufiji!

That's an awesome castle! And it has an interior! I must say you are the best builder of interiors! Love the ducks and the bird in the tree!

This is great! My son would love one of these - better start building haha. Really looking forward to what the other seasons have in store :classic:

Thank you!

Awesome! Looking forward to the other seasons!

Thanks LV :classic:

That's the kind of castle that makes me want to build my own. While it's of course a tremendous build, it is not derogative to call it a smaller keep. That's exactly the size I love the most, especially with the amazing interiour. As a child I would have loved to play with it all day. And I like that "Drawer rooms" idea we saw from Littlejohn earlier, great execution of that. A highlight are definitely the many windows.

Cannot wait to enjoy the other three versions.

Thanks Jacob! And yup, it's definitely more a small keep than full castle. Like you, those are my favorite size :grin:

This is a masterpiece indeed. Detailed, well-designed, playable. :sweet:

However, I am a bit sceptical about the "blue" colour used for the tower.

For some reason it feels like it should have been "sand green" or something else. But that may be my taste of colours.

Oh, gods, from where do you keep pulling these wonderfull MOCs? :laugh: no, altough I liked the keep more, this is great! I espevially like your interiors, and am looking forward to the next seasons!

Fantastic build, Isaac! The angled layout of the castle is excellent and I really like the circular stained glass window on the chapel :thumbup:

The mini tower by the gatehouse is very nice too :classic:

This is a masterpiece indeed. Detailed, well-designed, playable. :sweet:

However, I am a bit sceptical about the "blue" colour used for the tower.

For some reason it feels like it should have been "sand green" or something else. But that may be my taste of colours.

Thank you, Captain Braunsfield. Sand green probably would have worked nicely, but I wanted to go with the black/blue colorscheme as its a Black Falcon castle :classic:

Oh, gods, from where do you keep pulling these wonderfull MOCs? :laugh: no, altough I liked the keep more, this is great! I espevially like your interiors, and am looking forward to the next seasons!

Thanks TitusV :classic:

Fantastic build, Isaac! The angled layout of the castle is excellent and I really like the circular stained glass window on the chapel :thumbup:

The mini tower by the gatehouse is very nice too :classic:

Thanks LJ, the circular window was rather fun to integrate :classic:

This is really cool! As usual your castle builds are amazing, but the idea of the four seasons is great for this. I saw Summer on Flickr already and love that one as well. But, what really takes this over the edge is the interior. All around fantastic job!

great one SK! four seasons builds is a great idea... I hope I will make one too one day.