teabox

[Software] TransClear - Thumbnail handler for Lxf-files

17760906976_ef653c969e_z.jpg

I would like to share this little hobby programming project that I managed to finish enough for a public release. As you can see above, it is a little file that Windows can use to replace (in certain views) the normal Lxf-file icon with a picture of the build. :classic: (The picture that is show is one that is generated by LDD and saved in the Lxf-file, not one generated by this software.)

Download, unpack and read the readme.txt file for further instructions and information. (You will need to be running Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 8.1 and have .NET Framework 4.5 installed.)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-FdFWahkMSZSnpyZS10Z2lxUlU/view?usp=sharing

Source code for anyone that is interested in that (Written in c# with Visual Studio)

https://github.com/henrikzwomp/TransClear

Edited by teabox

That would be nice little addition for LDD builders on Windows systems - thanx a lot. :thumbup:

Hmm Do you need .net framework?

EDIT: read the readme yeah, need .net framework.

Anyway great little addition which really helps a lot.

Edited by Zblj

I don't use LDD very often, but it's still quite a nice little tool :classic::thumbup:

Installed, great little addition! There's a minor issue: if i use the "Very big icons" view, the size of the thumbnail is the same as the "big icons" view, so it's way smaller than the surrounding. Perhaps it should be scaled up?

Installed, great little addition! There's a minor issue: if i use the "Very big icons" view, the size of the thumbnail is the same as the "big icons" view, so it's way smaller than the surrounding. Perhaps it should be scaled up?

The image inside the Lxf-file is only 128 x 128 pixels big and scaling it up won't add more details I afraid. I choose to let the Handler keep the original size because I though a smaller image would be better than a larger but blurry image.

If you press F5 after generating the "Very big" thumbnails you should get less wasted space heightwise (unless you have files that are not Lxf-files in the folder).

Great job!

The only thing I suggest to fix is to add file notes.txt to the Installer project.

It does not compile without it.

After I've added empty notes.txt to the installer folder, the project has been compiled successfully.

This is great

Let me just thank you for this small beautiful piece of app

I just love those small apps

Now, question

Can I add it to my list of Recommended Apps on my website?

My website is here http://XLBro.com

and recommended apps are http://xlbro.com/Lib/?L=ARA

Thanks again

The only thing I suggest to fix is to add file notes.txt to the Installer project.

It does not compile without it.

Doh! I forgot that I had included that file into the project. I'll fix that as soon as I can. Thanks.

Now, question

Can I add it to my list of Recommended Apps on my website?

My website is here http://XLBro.com

and recommended apps are http://xlbro.com/Lib/?L=ARA

Sure, you are free to promote and redistribute it how much you like.

And thanks for the praise :classic:

Hi there, i tryed installing the software on another pc and it gives me this error:

Calling to constructor 'Installer.Windows.MainWindowLogic' generated an exception (something like this, i translated)

in System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
  in System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
  in System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
  in System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)
  in System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)
  in System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
  in System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(Object unused)
  in System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
  in MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler) 

On 5/25/2015 at 8:18 PM, msx80 said:

Hi there, i tryed installing the software on another pc and it gives me this error:

Calling to constructor 'Installer.Windows.MainWindowLogic' generated an exception (something like this, i translated)

Hello. The problem is most likely that the Installer ("Installer.exe") can't access the file "LxfHandler.dll". Make sure that you have unpacked the "TransClear-Installer.zip" correctly so both files are in the same folder before running the Install tool.

If that doesn't work you can try right-clicking on "Installer.exe" and then click on "Run as Administrator".

I also heard that files can be "locked" and that you'll need to right click on both "Installer.exe" and "LxfHandler.dll" and then select "Unlock file" (or something like that) at the bottom of the pop-up meny.

I hope this helps you.

Edited by teabox
Faulty formatting

I also head that files can be "locked" and that you'll need to right click on both "Installer.exe" and "LxfHandler.dll" and then select "Unlock file" (or something like that) at the bottom of the pop-up meny.

It was this! Strage, i never heard this was a thing... I know windows somehow blocks some kind of downloaded files, didn't know you could check/disable it this way.

Btw the correct way to unlock is -> Right Click -> Properties -> Unlock

Now it works, thanks!

Hello! I am having troubles installing the thumbnail handler.

in System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
  in System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
  in System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
  in System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)
  in System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)
  in System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
  in System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
  in System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
  in System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Could it be because it's Win10 and not Win 8.1?

Hello! I am having troubles installing the thumbnail handler.

Could it be because it's Win10 and not Win 8.1?

Hmm. I have successfully installed it myself on a Win 10 machine, so not sure why it would fail for you. You get the error as soon as you try to start the installer or later at another certain action?

Hmm. I have successfully installed it myself on a Win 10 machine, so not sure why it would fail for you. You get the error as soon as you try to start the installer or later at another certain action?

If we go step by step, here is what I've done:

1. I have downloaded TransClear-Installer.zip through the provided Dropbox link.

2. I have unpacked the Zip into a separate folder.

3. I have run the installed.exe with Admin rights.

4. After a few seconds of delay I receive this: https://i.gyazo.com/...e885c900217.png

5. The first error field is in Russian, I can't translate it since I don't know the specific terminology in English.

That's about it.

EDIT: I have also unlocked the executable.

EDIT 2: I am an idiot. I have not unlocked the dll so the executable didn't see it. Now everything works fine!

Edited by Crash Sanders