Maxim I

Stedor before the Great Disturbance (Challenge IV prelude, intermezzo)

The name Mpya Stedor means "New city" ("Mpya" is swahili for "new" and "Stedor" comes from "Stede" which is old Dutch for "City")

The new settlement became already quickly a famous place in Historica and after 3 years it was finally recognised as a mayor Port City!

So a few hours before the Great Disturbance, Stedor was a busy tradeplace full of activity!

16622161635_9983391e5a_c.jpg

16596193036_e93ee167ae_c.jpg

15999975864_a32ae53e4f_c.jpg

16436360439_1d69b8b513_c.jpg

16436361149_5f585d73ef_c.jpg

16436361709_f239410256_c.jpg

16414862717_dcd70b3fe9_c.jpg

16596195766_9f3994c813_c.jpg

There was even a very nice wedding going on!!!

(check the movie:

)

16622160945_b0805d9536_c.jpg

----------------------------------------

Now: (a few weeks after the Great Disturbance)

Lord Damaximus called in the Council of Stedor

Lord Damaximus:

=> Sir Fre Poah, how is our financial status?

Sir Fre Poah:

=> Badly Lord, it's like there is a gap in the floor and all our gold is vanishing through it...

Damaximus:

=> Lord Tomvaximus (of Maestro): what are our revenues?

Tomvaximus:

=> Our only revenues are the food we can sell at neighbouring cities with foodshortage... We hear the people complaining it is only fish fish and fish we can offer nowadays... All our other products are on hold...

Damaximus:

=> How is the reconstruction of our gold mine?

Tomvaximus:

=> I guess it will be 3 more weeks before we can start mining again and a few more weeks before the revenues will stream in...

Damaximus:

=> Sir Gah Rydog, how is the rebuilding of our Southern Towers?

Gah Rydog:

=> Will be a matter of days.. Normally by Thursday our fortifications are back like they should be.

Damaximus:

=> Finally some good news... General Whisximus, Where are my troops?

Whisximus:

=> Most of the Alleenridders and Ximian forces are still sieging Eastgate. The 1001 Tigres are on holiday at Al'Esterbroke so we don't have to pay them. The Atlarkian fleet is back in Atlarka as it is summer there and they wanted to see their wife and kids. The dragons of Drakrydar are also back home for the breeding season...

=> In Stedor we are using the minimum soldiers we need. The other soldiers are rebuilding the damaged parts of our city and the neighbours.

Damaximus:

=> Tomvaximus, prepare some ships so we can send messengers to other Guilds. Tell them they can hire the 1001 Tigres as mercenaries. Make them leave our city tomorrow morning. Talking about our fleet, Admiral Bostoximus, how is our fleet?

Bostoximus:

=> We still have 10 ships. 10 more ships are currently being repaired. The 30 other ships we once had, are lost. I am sorry my lord.

Damaximus:

=> Council dismissed, I gonna cry some...

--------------------------------------------

Lord Damaximus:

=> Lord Max Samu, what's up with the Ulanda thing in front of our bay, anymore news?

Lord Max Samu,

=> our agents are doing everything they can to gain as much info as possible. It is a good thing we don't say much about it to our citizens. The first reports I get in are talking about more than 5000 soldiers, very well organised.

Damaximus:

=> Okay, let's send an emissary to there. Hopefully they are not up to war...

Max Samu:

=> They already sent emissaries themselves to weaker cities here in Kaliphlin. It is frightening that not one major city in Kaliphlin saw an emissary of Ulanda. The only emissary we saw was that idiot who claimed the Desert King is back.

Damaximus:

=> I know it is frightening. That's why my messengers are not going to offer my 1001 Tigres but they are going to ask for help to our alliances in other Guilds.

Max Samu:

=> It is indeed wise to let our citizens be unknown of the current situation. Are you going to tell your allies Stedor is bankrupt?

Damaximus:

=> Nope. When they ask to show some money, we are going to show the money of Everlast. Thanks god that place hasn't been hit by the Great Disturbance...

Edited by Maxim I

What a fabulous setup. It looks even better all together! :)

I really like how you are incorporating the overall story and imposing the troubles of the current situation on your own city!

IC:

It seems many are seeking alliances these days, and I wonder if your messengers will pass through the Trifork on their way to Albion...

Mpya Stedor is growing! Looks great!

Thanks!

What a fabulous setup. It looks even better all together! :)

I really like how you are incorporating the overall story and imposing the troubles of the current situation on your own city!

IC:

It seems many are seeking alliances these days, and I wonder if your messengers will pass through the Trifork on their way to Albion...

Thanks Bregir!

IC:

Albion? What is my business in a place full of hippies :p

Stedor has considered Trifork already for a longer time as a tradepartner. I promised you in the past to build an embassy/shop. Well, I made one but never had the time to complete the scene around it :(

Nice work!

Thanks!

It just keeps growing! But I fear that there might be destruction coming soon as well...?

I wish I had the space/bricks to do like you and Kabel and simply keeping adding to my city :wink:

Thanks Bregir!

IC:

Albion? What is my business in a place full of hippies :p

Stedor has considered Trifork already for a longer time as a tradepartner. I promised you in the past to build an embassy/shop. Well, I made one but never had the time to complete the scene around it :(

*hugs a tree* Hippies? Who? No hippies here! :wink:

No worries - Sir Beorthan is keeping an eye on the buildsite for the consulate and trade post, and will be looking forward to its completion.(Whenever you have the timetm) :laugh: