Sign in to follow this  
Starwars4J

Brickshelf

Ever since Brickshelf went down earlier today the general community has been in a panic. Some were curious, and some were angry. Mostly people just wanted to know if it's permanent. I urge everyone to just sit back calmly and wait to see how things unfold. New member Dryw Filtiarn has mentioned that the staff of Peeron.com have been just as confused as we are.

Right now we don't know what happened, we don't know if it was some sort of attack on their servers. We don't know if it was intentional. We don't know if it's some other small problem. And most importantly we don't know if it's permanent. While I urge everyone to backup whatever pictures they have in case this is permanent, I also urge you to keep a calm head, and remember the possibility that this was temporary.

No, this wasn't a prank. No, I'm not happy about it either. But if this was an accident it will be okay, and I beg you to remember that. Even if Brickshelf were to go down, it's not the end of the online Lego community. EB would be here tomorrow, as would all the other AFOL sites. The 2008 sets will still come out, and the hobby will persevere. Brickshelf was a vitally important tool, and if it is gone, it just means we'll have to start again. It's not the end of anything, I promise you that. The site may not even be gone for good, heck, you may wake up tomorrow to find all the links restored! So please, try to keep that in mind :-)

If

Thanks, and MOC On!

Edit by Jipay : In case the problem would only be technical, I'd like everyone to keep in mind that websites all have some sort of backup. So if for whatever reason your server crash, you can get back all your data. The only problem being that it takes a lot of time and efforts to manage this operation.

So as stated by SW4J, just stay calm, don't panic, and everything will be fine.

Sign in to follow this