Sign in to follow this  
Mattieshoe

Looking for alternatives to Citizen Brick for Pad Printing services

Hey, Fellas. A while back I began working on a project to create brick-built versions of the cars from the 1999 PC game Lego Racers (I know, my originality is staggering) which lead to an interest in creating physical versions of the Minifigure characters exclusive to that game (Rocket Racer and Veronica Voltage namely) And eventually the major characters of the 1997 Lego Island, only one of which was actually manufactured for promotional purposes

.Hearing about the pad printing process and its unsurpassed levels of authenticity, I considered contacting Citizen Brick with the project, but understandably they have a strict copyright policy to maintain with The Lego Group, as they're a prominent service that offers unlicensed products of identical form and quality to Lego, and creating physical versions of "official" lego property, even for a single client, would no doubt step on some toes.

So my question is, are there any other people or small operations offering pad printing services for Minifigures, ones with less prominence and therefore fewer legal responsibilities regarding projects like this?

I of course would never dream of selling them for profit, as the idea of having actual professionally-printed versions of characters this important to my childhood would be a literal dream come true.

I don't currently have a program with which to create high quality vectors of these characters, but luckily there are many talented people who have done just that and offered the up for people to use. Even so I intend to ask for permission from every one of those creators before I proceed with this.

I posted pictures of the aforementioned brick-built Lego Racers cars several months ago here for anyone interested in checking them out: http://www.eurobrick...09#entry1827894

Edited by Mattieshoe

We have a few topics like this. A quick search will find a few of them...

Edited by Borador