Jonsson

[MOC] Blue Angel - Soft Tail Chopper

Here is my latest motorcycle. I've been building this on and off since October last year and it has finally reached a state where I feel I can present it to the public.

The goal of this build was to use a more uncommon color combination seen in other Model Team/Technic builds - especially motorcycles.

I also wanted to combine a classic chopper look with old style front suspension and a soft tail - that would not interfere with a clean and sleek look.

I must admit it offered some challenges...;)

The bike features a [fake] V-Twin engine with chain drive, and of course the mentioned suspensions front and rear. That is about it, no fancy features at all. Simple yet effective - in my own humble opinion.

I hope you like it!

Cheers!

Softtail_01.jpg

Softtail_02.jpg

Softtail_03.jpg

Softtail_04.jpg

Softtail_05.jpg

Softtail_06.jpg

Softtail_07.jpg

Softtail_08.jpg

Softtail_09.jpg

Edited by Jonsson

Beautiful. The front suspension is great, barely visible. The rear wheel looks a bit too narrow. But the color scheme is cool. Love the dark blue accent to overall white/grey.

Really, really beautiful. The longer I look the more details pop out. Perfect blend between technic en system elements! And the colours are great.

Thank you for your kind comments. :)

Beautiful. The front suspension is great, barely visible. The rear wheel looks a bit too narrow. But the color scheme is cool. Love the dark blue accent to overall white/grey.

I agree that the rear wheel could be wider, sadly there is only one ever produced (8420) and I haven't been able to acquire any to a descent price so far, but hopefully in the future.

Looks like an angel :classic: Where did you find all those rare white pieces.

Thanks, well to answer your question shortly - an unhealthy amount of Bricklink orders.

Really, really beautiful. The longer I look the more details pop out. Perfect blend between technic en system elements! And the colours are great.

I really appreciate that you like the look of it!

Beautiful Piece!!!

... Where did you find all those rare white pieces.

Star Wars Storm-Trooper ... (Guessing)

Edited by DrJB

I don't agree with the rear wheel thing. Maybe a wide rear wheel what makes a chopper, but for me,. it's boring as sht. I love these much more old school bicycle like motorbikes that those fat claptrap choppers.

This is the best looking Lego bike for me, though I would be curious how strong these connector built frames are. Looks too fragile for me to call it the best ever.

Edited by Lipko

A great looking bike with some interesting techniques. Your front suspension is well hidden, I had to look closely to see it.

H

I don't agree with the rear wheel thing. Maybe a wide rear wheel what makes a chopper, but for me,. it's boring as sht. I love these much more old school bicycle like motorbikes that those fat claptrap choppers.

This is the best looking Lego bike for me, though I would be curious how strong these connector built frames are. Looks too fragile for me to call it the best ever.

Lipko, you definitely got a point there. And maybe, even if I had a rear rim from the 8420 set infront of me I would't use it anyway. Because as you say - it cannot be too wide - ruins the look completely

The model itself is not that fragile but it would of course not hold up for a rougher play-date with a 5-year old... :laugh:

But for me its not a problem since my models are intended for display purpouses only. :classic:

Simply beautiful! The way you attached the front lights is genius. :wub:

TLH

Glad you like it, took me some time to figure that one out - had a couple of other solution before this one but they were all to bulky.

Edited by Jonsson