Herky

News LEGO Architecture 2014 News & Discussion

LEGO Architecture 2014 Set News

lego-architecture_trevi-fountain-3.jpg

Picture courtesy Promo Bricks. Thanks Herky for the news.

21020 Trevi Fountain

Price: ?? Parts: ??

Original Post Follows

Have been following the 2013 thread and figured we needed a 2014 thread to go along with the others...from what I keep hearing the Marina Bay Sands and Eiffel Tower will be out, but have not seen or heard a date on those two. Not sure if there are other rumored sets yet or not...would love to see what others have heard.

Edited by Rufus
Information Added

Edited....I fell for the April Fools joke

Would be nice to work for the NSA, we could find out EVERYTHING we wanted to know about Lego's future plans. :-)

Edited by TomLego

Tom, not understanding what you mean on the April Fool's joke, did I miss something? Are Marina Bay Sands and Eiffel not coming out? I saw someone in another thread say Trevi Fountain as well.

Tom, not understanding what you mean on the April Fool's joke, did I miss something? Are Marina Bay Sands and Eiffel not coming out? I saw someone in another thread say Trevi Fountain as well.

He probably said something about that April Fools joke on Brickset about there being a new TV communication tower (?) achitecture set.

aha, ok, I missed that, was it the CN Tower in Toronto? I have been searching around on other sites and really the Architecture line seems to be ignored...they have the Maersk Container ship, the new Parisian Restaurant, the upcoming Princess line, the new Friends, etc all on Brickipedia (http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/2014) which seemed to be the most complete list of 2014 to date, but no architecture.

News of the Marina Bay Sands 21021 is all over the Internet if you google it. Looks like a winner. Definitely for those of us who like the non traditional look.

Has this been seen yet?

[image]

-Sci

That looks awesome! Can't wait to get that one.

Apparently the image surfaced in Le Bon Marché's Christmas toy catalogue. They should have snuck in three more pieces to make the piece count equal to the height of the tower in metres. :tongue:

10488629493_0587eaab9f_o.jpg

It looks sweet. It's instantly recognizable, and looks pretty simply built, considering its shape which is not so easy to capture with bricks. So is the due date for this little Eiffel known?

It looks sweet. It's instantly recognizable, and looks pretty simply built, considering its shape which is not so easy to capture with bricks. So is the due date for this little Eiffel known?

According to the source of the news, it's January 2014. I have updated the FP post to reflect this.

It's about time they came out with the Eiffel Tower! I think this is the best it could look made out of Lego. Bravo to the designers. Though it looks like there is a support rod down the middle which also isn't in the original.

The only gripe I have is the color. Wouldn't a color like dark tan be more accurate? I'm just wondering why all of the architecture line has to be grey or tan.

That being said, I will snatch this one up as soon as it's available.

It's about time they came out with the Eiffel Tower! I think this is the best it could look made out of Lego.

Not even close...

eiffel.jpg

Model by Spencer Rezkalla.

However, it is a very nice model indeed.

Apparently the image surfaced in Le Bon Marché's Christmas toy catalogue. They should have snuck in three more pieces to make the piece count equal to the height of the tower in meters.

Seems like a slight MOD could add the 3 pieces. I know I would try it.

Andy D

Not even close...

I should probably have said "it's the best they could do in the typical architecture size." Yes, there are some amazing larger representations out there. Even the original 10181, while blocky, still gives a better overall curve to the structure. But for its size...nicely done.

Spencer's is a great creation. I've thought about building that version, until I heard of the architecture set. I might still end up building it..

It looks good for the size. Some of the shape isn't what I would picture in my head, but I can understand why they used the pieces they did. I'm sure I'll pick up at least one for my daughter since she loves the Eiffel Tower, and maybe one for me.

Thanks for sharing.

It looks pretty good for the scale! :thumbup: I wonder why they don't just make the flex axles in dark grey, maybe they have a surplus of the metallic silver ones? The shape is very well captured.

Thanks for posting the pic, a great addition for the line based on its size, and I have seen the marina bay sands one as well, can't find a decent pic though, they are all very small. Hopefully a good year for the Architecture line in 2014

They should have snuck in three more pieces to make the piece count equal to the height of the tower in metres. :tongue:

spare parts?

Hi folks,

just to inform you, that at the "bon marché" you can pre-order this set from 1st of november and it is availaible there from 1st of december. Every where else from 1st january.

Beneigh this I made for them the reproduction of this set in 3meters high out of 40.000 pieces. So come and get there to see it.

The PR is starting on 1st of november and for this reason I can't post any images.

greetings from France

If Eiffel is up next, then it should be 21019, and if Marina Bay Sands is 21021 based on the leaked images... What have we not heard anything about that will become 21020?

Maybe there's been another Eames House type problem?

Edited by rollermonkey

To share with all of you the box art image of this new LEGO Architecture set,

11173226416_bd6c6c4a05_c.jpg

This is something which I hope to finish up building and hopefully a review to accompany with it for EB.